Nike Running Fall 2009 - Moto, Lunar, Free, Pegasus, Vomero

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

just a heads up, the free 5.0 v4s have hit Ross. copped the university blue/obsidians for 23.99. will post a pic after my kids go to bed.
Thanks for the headsup.

I started seeing a couple colorways in super small sizes at the Nord Rack by me. I know these actually did sell pretty well.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by HMack007

Jeff

Finished up with my second pair of Brooks GTS 9s. Want to get a pair of Nikes with the + in them. What shoes is the closest to em?

Not real sure (as I usually stick to Nike, Asics and Mizuno), but from the looks of it I would say Nike Zoom Structure Triax+ 12. If you want the best ones for you go to a true runnnig shoe store and have them check your weight, gait, etc... As long as you stick with a Bowerman series shoe, the new Nikes are pretty good (despite the old school of thought that Nike doesn't make good runners). Check out the Vomero 4s. They are pretty pillowy if you like that feeling.
Vomero's are nothing like the Adrenaline from Brooks. Nike doesn't make a shoe with enough to support to compare to the AGTS series. Likeyou said though the Triax is going to be the best you can get. Do yourself a favor and get a lace pouch for the Nike+ sensor if you want some to use thetechnology without having to be stuck to a Nike shoe.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Jeff

Finished up with my second pair of Brooks GTS 9s. Want to get a pair of Nikes with the + in them. What shoes is the closest to em?

Not real sure (as I usually stick to Nike, Asics and Mizuno), but from the looks of it I would say Nike Zoom Structure Triax+ 12. If you want the best ones for you go to a true runnnig shoe store and have them check your weight, gait, etc... As long as you stick with a Bowerman series shoe, the new Nikes are pretty good (despite the old school of thought that Nike doesn't make good runners). Check out the Vomero 4s. They are pretty pillowy if you like that feeling.
Vomero's are nothing like the Adrenaline from Brooks. Nike doesn't make a shoe with enough to support to compare to the AGTS series. Like you said though the Triax is going to be the best you can get. Do yourself a favor and get a lace pouch for the Nike+ sensor if you want some to use the technology without having to be stuck to a Nike shoe.
Agreed. But I will say the Equalon 3 is much, much more supportive than the ST12.

DOH. Dunno how I forgot about the Equalon. I guess it's because they don't carry them as many places and I don't see/hear too much about them.

One of my buddies swears by his Triax. He's super lightweight so that's probably one of the main reasons the shoe works for him. He's currently onthe Puma Complete Vectana and has been very satisfied with them so far. I'm thinking of trying a pair out. I didn't expect much from Puma, but thesefeel incredible.

Jeff

Vomero's are nothing like the Adrenaline from Brooks. Nike doesn't make a shoe with enough to support to compare to the AGTS series. Like you said though the Triax is going to be the best you can get. Do yourself a favor and get a lace pouch for the Nike+ sensor if you want some to use the technology without having to be stuck to a Nike shoe.
I never said, or implied, they were. I just said to check them out if he likes that feel.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

just a heads up, the free 5.0 v4s have hit Ross. copped the university blue/obsidians for 23.99. will post a pic after my kids go to bed.
Thanks for the headsup.

I started seeing a couple colorways in super small sizes at the Nord Rack by me. I know these actually did sell pretty well.

i was pretty suprised to already see them, especially since they are currently at retail stores. i copped the size 13. ive also seen lunar trainers and lunarracers at Nordstrom Rack also here in socal.

I have the orange free 5.0 and although the comfort is superb the colors are a bit outrageous. The orange is more like a highlight, bright orange color. I woreit to the gym a couple of times and people kept eyeing my sneakes. I stopped wearing it cause it's so damn flashy. Even I was bothered by the bright color.So I put them back into their nike box and placed them in my collection of sneaks, maybe i'll wear them next spring or summer hah.

currently i'm wearing my beat up nike free 7.0, which i believe are the most comfortable and decent looking pair of lightweight running shoes.

Jeff

I never said, or implied, they were. I just said to check them out if he likes that feel.

That feel isn't something you want if you need a support shoe such as the Adrenaline though. That's all. The vomero is a dope casual shoe for peoplewho use those but don't need support but want a comfortable shoe. Just saying. No beef.

I checked out Ross for some Free's and no luck. Did scoop some Huarache 09's for 34.99 though. I'll take it.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by registered

I have the orange free 5.0 and although the comfort is superb the colors are a bit outrageous. The orange is more like a highlight, bright orange color. I wore it to the gym a couple of times and people kept eyeing my sneakes. I stopped wearing it cause it's so damn flashy. Even I was bothered by the bright color. So I put them back into their nike box and placed them in my collection of sneaks, maybe i'll wear them next spring or summer hah.

I love me some loud colors. i have the yellow/ forests, and will cop those oranges real soon....

Jeff

That feel isn't something you want if you need a support shoe such as the Adrenaline though. That's all. The vomero is a dope casual shoe for people who use those but don't need support but want a comfortable shoe. Just saying. No beef.

I checked out Ross for some Free's and no luck. Did scoop some Huarache 09's for 34.99 though. I'll take it.
happy.gif
You aren't telling me anything I don't already know. That's why I reccomended he go to a real running shoe store and get fit.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Yo... Crazy EBW...... do you remember what sizes they had??

Very scattered. I was shocked to get my 13's. It's usually 12's. I think there was an 8.5 and 9 only after some dude snatched some 11's sittingthere.

Jeff, give it up. I'm not trying to argue with you.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif

i hit up 3 other ross stores today looking for more frees, but no luck. will hit up marshalls tomorrow.

Jeff

That feel isn't something you want if you need a support shoe such as the Adrenaline though. That's all. The vomero is a dope casual shoe for people who use those but don't need support but want a comfortable shoe. Just saying. No beef.

happy.gif
You aren't telling me anything I don't already know. That's why I reccomended he go to a real running shoe store and get fit.
No need to argue fellas. I went to a real running store and got fitted for the GTS 8s. Just was lookin around online for a pair of nikes that Icould design my own colorway. Didn't know if they made a comparable shoe

Originally Posted by need2sell

Lunar Glides are the most comfortable running shoe I have tried on in a long long time.
What else have you tried? You using them for running?

I ran in mine, and realized i needed to go down a half size. still like my free 5.0's more, even if they don't have any lunar or air.

I thought the glides fit very poorly. I tried 3 different sizes and none of them fit me right. I did not have this problem with last year's lunars or anyof this years nike runners.

Back
Top Bottom