Nike Sabrina 1

These really are nearing that Kyrie level of shoe popularity, though there are so many options now, it'll be hard to ever really approach that again. Watched the UCONN vs St. Johns game earlier and saw players wearing them, then turned on the Michigan State vs Maryland game and saw more pairs.

The 2s will never live up to that, but it'll be just like how the G.T. Cut 1s were really popular but the IIs were a flop compared to those. A good number of people wore the 2s, but nothing could match once the 1s hype got around and people were paying insane prices for them.

These really are nearing that Kyrie level of shoe popularity, though there are so many options now, it'll be hard to ever really approach that again. Watched the UCONN vs St. Johns game earlier and saw players wearing them, then turned on the Michigan State vs Maryland game and saw more pairs.

The 2s will never live up to that, but it'll be just like how the G.T. Cut 1s were really popular but the IIs were a flop compared to those. A good number of people wore the 2s, but nothing could match once the 1s hype got around and people were paying insane prices for them

The 2s will never live up to that, but it'll be just like how the G.T. Cut 1s were really popular but the IIs were a flop compared to those. A good number of people wore the 2s, but nothing could match once the 1s hype got around and people were paying insane prices for them.
I think the popularity of the 1 will make it a lot easier to create a better 2.

Only difference is that S1s are readily available to the public while most never even saw the GT Cuts in person

1706982615241.png

1706982624693.png
Will these be getting a retail release or are we gonna have to NBY our own possible iteration?

Forgive me for knowing very little about college hoops. But isn't Nike giving the school the shoes, who then issues the shoes to the athletes? I don't see D1 athletes purchasing their own shoes for NCAA play.

This is me tryna say I don't see how a company providing their school equipment indicates that they're popular - it's just the current brand offering at this moment in time. Pumpkin spice lattes are popular in the fall because that's what's available at that moment in time.

Then again what does popularity for a sneaker even mean? It means nothing to me lol

Good morning I just had my first sip of coffee at work

Forgive me for knowing very little about college hoops. But isn't Nike giving the school the shoes, who then issues the shoes to the athletes? I don't see D1 athletes purchasing their own shoes for NCAA play.

This is me tryna say I don't see how a company providing their school equipment indicates that they're popular - it's just the current brand offering at this moment in time. Pumpkin spice lattes are popular in the fall because that's what's available at that moment in time.

Then again what does popularity for a sneaker even mean? It means nothing to me lol

True, I understand what you’re saying. The players also have options though. Nike sends them more than just the Sabrina’s and they can choose which shoes they’d like to play in.

It’s probably not the best indicator of popularity but if they’re choosing to play in these over lebrons, kds, etc. it does show some popularity

Definitely not a rigorous method of determining popularity and you can just chalk it up to my own personal observation that could very well just be confirmation bias. I don't even know that any one shoe is truly popular any more because there are just so many options, both past and present.

Werd I've been thinking a lot about that the past couple years now where we've had so many more brands enter the playing field. Even if not always available in the US market, the number of brands and signatures is higher than ever

True, I understand what you’re saying. The players also have options though. Nike sends them more than just the Sabrina’s and they can choose which shoes they’d like to play in.

It’s probably not the best indicator of popularity but if they’re choosing to play in these over lebrons, kds, etc. it does show some popularity

The selection definitely depends on the school, but Nike allows them to pick whatever they want from the current Nike Basketball lineup. Obviously bigger name schools get better selection, PE's, etc. These guys are definitely wearing the Sabrinas because they want to, not because it's the only shoe Nike is sending them.

But if given Kobe 8s.... taken those over all else. That's my GOAT bball shoe(haven't not played in hyperdunks or any other hyper..) Folks would say the inserts bottomed out.... my 2 ID pairs still going strong.

Has anyone tried painting that inner swoosh on these? I'm having secong thoughts on my triple black pair, and want to add some color to these with painting the swoosh and switching laces? Any recommendations?

Has anyone tried painting that inner swoosh on these? I'm having secong thoughts on my triple black pair, and want to add some color to these with painting the swoosh and switching laces? Any recommendations?
I did on my ID pair came out good. Gonna dip dye the uppers soon

Back
Top Bottom