Nike SB FAT TONGUE to return

Originally Posted by Wilroc

crazy seeing most of the people here agree on retroing sb's, i was on ISS earlier this week and there was a thread talking about if nike should retro sb's, the whole website went crazy lol. i decided to post because i really didnt see a problem with it, all they cared about was the value of the shoe going down and things like that. like damn dont you want the chance to buy the kicks and colorways you love again, and at retail?? people buying kicks for all the wrong reasons..

what those kids don't understand is that at da end of da day most of those older SBs are becoming more and more irrelevant...and nike pumps out SOO many colors of

dunks that a general consumer isn't gonna plunk down 250-300 over a dunk collab that is basically a glorified gimmick.

i go to VIM and see dunks on sale all day for 35.99 and up.

i haven't seen any preview of the next months' releases. do they already have the fat tongue? anyone got pics?

Fat tongue or not... current SB's are still garbage.

Unless they plan on re-releasing orange/silver box SB's, nothing's really changing.

and what's up with the stupid names they got for shoes now? seriously... "oceanic airlines" "northern lights"?? really?

lemme get a pair of re-released Lodens, Paul Brown Highs and some Orange Flashes...  I'd be DONNNNNNEE.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Fat tongue or not... current SB's are still garbage.

Unless they plan on re-releasing orange/silver box SB's, nothing's really changing.

and what's up with the stupid names they got for shoes now? seriously... "oceanic airlines" "northern lights"?? really?

lemme get a pair of re-released Lodens, Paul Brown Highs and some Orange Flashes...  I'd be DONNNNNNEE.
plus they're removing the straps on the mids. the ramens could have been really nice though if it came with a fat tongue.

i don't own a pair of the recent SBs, didn't know they don't have fat tongues.

SBs have fallen off SOOO bad. They can't even get a decent collab or project going....jesus.

wasnt the fat tounge and the zoom sole the whole idea of the sb? Support and comfort while skating?
Why would nike ever move away from that if these were meant for skating and not style?
Of course they should come back.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Make all of these snobby kids cry for days
laugh.gif

this seriously made me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

..but i don't see SB retroing any of the old stuff for a while.  shame about that, too.

I guess I'm the only one who wish they would never retro SBs
ohwell.gif
. That will over-saturate the market (like with Jordan Brand now), and make the "sneaker culture" too mainstream and attracting all the wrong people. Also, I want to have a different pair of kicks that not many else has (please don't give me the crap "Well, then why don't you buy Reeboks or Adidas instead?"...Because to me, Nike SB Dunks are the best unique/nice looking and has the best colorways of sneakers...along side with Jordans out there)...I don't know, It just feels good as shoe fan to know that you have a a pair of kicks only x amounts of people out there would have(but also take into consideration if you really like the shoe and not just for the limited amount made. Me, I wouldn't even spend retail($65) on Tokyos or Denims because I think they're ugly as *!$@, even if there were only 202 or 404 pairs made.)

idk, just my .2 cents.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

ohwell.gif
. That will over-saturate the market (like with Jordan Brand now), and make the "sneaker culture" too mainstream and attracting all the wrong people. Also, I want to have a different pair of kicks that not many else has (please don't give me the crap "Well, then why don't you buy Reeboks or Adidas instead?"...Because to me, Nike SB Dunks are the best unique/nice looking and has the best colorways of sneakers...along side with Jordans out there)...I don't know, It just feels good as shoe fan to know that you have a a pair of kicks only x amounts of people out there would have(but also take into consideration if you really like the shoe and not just for the limited amount made. Me, I wouldn't even spend retail($65) on Tokyos or Denims because I think they're ugly as *!$@, even if there were only 202 or 404 pairs made.)

idk, just my .2 cents.
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
ahhhhhh +%%+ ing kids
smokin.gif

"The wrong people"? Tell me you skate your SBs bro. and post pics.

SBs have NOT had the best colorways for YEARS, BEFORE the stupid %+@ "3 bears", "De La's" and "Mafia Packs".

Get off your high horse kid, you're 17 at the oldest right? Therefore, you missed out on the good ***+.

sitdown_l.gif

ohwell.gif

idk, just my .2 cents.
ohwell.gif
yeah, its time to retro em...these lil snobby elitist hypebeast think they doing it with glorified basketball sneakers used for skating wrapped up in a gimmick.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Whatever era had the fog's, iron's, pharrell's etc... needs to come back.

After that the colorways and inspiration's started getting outlandish.

Dunks have fallen off hard over the years.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

ohwell.gif

idk, just my .2 cents.
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
ahhhhhh +%%+ ing kids
smokin.gif

"The wrong people"? Tell me you skate your SBs bro. and post pics.

SBs have NOT had the best colorways for YEARS, BEFORE the stupid %+@ "3 bears", "De La's" and "Mafia Packs".

Get off your high horse kid, you're 17 at the oldest right? Therefore, you missed out on the good ***+.

sitdown_l.gif
When I was referring "The wrong people" as in dudes who will think they're so cool and going around bragging about "Look at me, I got the Tiffanys."

I don't understand what you're implying...I'm 17, so does that mean I don't have any "good $%^*" from before '06?..What?
indifferent.gif

Why don't you get off your high horse, Mr. "I have 13000 posts, so I rule this forum" and stop getting so mad
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yeah, its time to retro em...these lil snobby elitist hypebeast think they doing it with glorified basketball sneakers used for skating wrapped up in a gimmick.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Please explain how I'm an elitist hypebeast?
eyes.gif
. I, for one, do not go around bragging "I'm better than you, look at my kicks!"...That is just not the type of person I am. I'm just happy that I can own a pair of Holy Grails that I never thought I'd ever own. How does that make me "elitist"?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Please explain how I'm an elitist hypebeast?
eyes.gif
. I, for one, do not go around bragging "I'm better than you, look at my kicks!"...That is just not the type of person I am. I'm just happy that I can own a pair of Holy Grails that I never thought I'd ever own. How does that make me "elitist"?
eyes.gif
its cool that you can finally own some holy grails, why complain if they gonna retro? shouldn't that make it that much easier for you obtain em?

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

SBs fell off like a old bag of heron
laugh.gif
smh.gif
They need to retro the Wheat and Iron colorways
nerd.gif

What I find CRAZY is that Irons sat on SPoT for SOOOOOOOO LONG and were never picked up @ 84.99

Now if you peep eBay you're looking at like $200 minimum
laugh.gif

even if they retro, the old version will still cost bank. u know they will use "considered" materials... if they re-retroed for example lodens, you know that $%! would not be exactly the same as the old release, at least not in quality of materials used, just like retros of other kicks now. anyway, sb won't retro, they like to do stuff like recycle colorways instead... example would be sharks -> spidermans. i know, not exactly the same but hopefully you see what i'm gettin at

Ehh Fat tongue or skinny tongue, as long as they keep pushing the junk they've been, ill keep on passing.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Ehh Fat tongue or skinny tongue, as long as they keep pushing the junk they've been, ill keep on passing.

QFT.  The tounge wasnt the reason i havent bought an sb in a long time.  The garbage theyve been dropping is the reason.  Idc though, saves me money.

Back
Top Bottom