NIKE SB HEMP: BONSAI

Guys,
 I hope Im posting this in the right place. If not please direct me to where I can post this thread.  I have a DS pair of 10.5 Bonsai Hemp SB's.  The glue on the midsole is deteriorating due to age.  I need some tips on repairing this.  Certain areas of the midsole are peeling back and separating from the Hemp. I also had a question if anybody knew if the soles are actually stitched to the upper frame of the shoe?  The midsole and sole is once piece, and it has stitching running around the shoe. Wanted to know if the sole seperation on the sides is worth worrying about. And secondly, when Im repairing this and glueing back the sides, what kind of glue to use?  I always used Barge Cement but apparently they have changed their recipe and it sucks now. e-6000 takes a long time to dry. Not sure about gorilla glue.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Im trying to avoid taking them into a shoe re-pair. Dont know if I can trust those guys with my  Bonsai Hemps, Yo!

Thanks

-Feelin Good

Midsole is stitched in to upper, I've had the same problem with a few dunks from that era and when I brought it to a place to fix they told me it'd be pointless since the upper is still attached to the midsole. It shouldn't get much worse than how it looks now if it's happened all over the shoe, but if someone does offer any tips on this I'm all ears too.

Guess then my best bet is to just buy crazy glue with a q-tip or a tooth pick to glue the edges that have separated.. What a relief! Glad they decided to stitch it to the upper. Otherwise Id be dealing with complete sole separation here. 
roll.gif

just apply some Loctite around the edges where it's letting go. Be careful not to use too much or else it will bubble up when you apply pressure while drying. Also it's better to use the more liquid version rather than the gel version, for the afore mentioned reason.

thanks for all the tips guys. ill have the pics up soon...  and OBVIOUSLY... Im trying to repair it so I can wear it..

Back
Top Bottom