NIKE SB "LOBSTER " DUNK 5/31 CONCEPTS CAMBRIDGE MA !

pics and text via hypebeast ...

Concepts will be releasing their collaborative Nike SB "Lobster" Dunk on Saturday, May 31st. The shoe, inspired by the seafood heritage of NewEngland, will be available in a limited edition set, available exclusively at Concepts. The first 200 pairs, which include the limited packaging, come equippedwith a lobster claw rubber band, a tee shirt, a condiment box (which includes lobster shell cracker, fork, bib, an extra set of laces, and wet nap) and aposter, all put into a traditional paper bag used by typical, New England lobster retailers. Not only will the packaging and bag be branded with the"Concepts Fishing Company" graphic, but the release at Concepts will also be catered by Legal Seafoods, who will be providing lobster appetizers. Therelease will be followed by a raffle for some additional exclusive goodies. The special pack will be extremely limited to 200 pairs, and will retail for $150USD and the first 50 pairs will come with a special, limited edition wooden box.

C O N C E P T S
37 Brattle St.
Cambridge, MA 02138

Damn man. These look nice.

I like all of the little details that you guys threw in there.

And nice touch by bringing in Legal Seafoods for the lobster appetizers!
laugh.gif

I wish I could be there just to experience it, but I won't be back in the Bean until June 7th.
frown.gif

ya i have had a few call for dudes saying that they were going to make the trek up here from NY. there are heads coming from Chicago and Florida as well butthat is the farthest away that we have herd so far. but i can't wait to see who comes out.

if there is any question feel free to P.M me

Getting some pub in the Herald:

Sneaker geeks camp out for Nikes

By Jay Fitzgerald | Friday, May 30, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Business & Markets

6ebe9da1e7_lobsneak_05302008.jpg

Like, cool Nike SB Concepts Lobster Dunk sneakers, dude.

A small army of sneakerheads has camped outside Harvard Square's Concepts footwear and fashion store to purchase a pair of specially made Nike "skateboard" sneakers that, to some, have become collectible items.

"It's a piece of history," said Chris Langer, a 16-year-old who on Wednesday drove up to Cambridge with his pals from New York for tomorrow's big sneaker sale.

Langer and friends were the first of dozens to camp outside Concepts - with the vigil starting Wednesday night - for the 11 a.m. unveiling tomorrow of the Concepts Lobster Dunk.

What's a Concepts Lobster Dunk?

Why, it's a sneaker "inspired by the seafood heritage of New England" and designed and produced via collaboration between the hip Concepts store and Nike.

Nike often produces different styles of its Dunks - and the sneakers are much sought-after items for some consumers. The Concepts Lobster Dunk is just the latest in the line - at $150 a pair.

"It gives you an excitement and a thrill to own a new pair," said Langer, who skipped school, despite the misgivings of his mom, in order to add to his 100-pair collection of Nike SD Dunks.

Langer said he actually wears and uses the sneakers.

But others are known to just collect them, similar to how others might collect Hummels, Precious Moments dolls, baseball cards, stamps, coins, bottle caps, whatever.

There will be only 200 Concepts Lobster Dunks on sale tomorrow, exclusively at Concepts. The event will be catered by Boston's Legal Sea Foods.

The first 50 pairs will come in wood crates, designed by Boston's Creative Pilot Inc. Inside each crate, besides the sneakers, will be lobster bibs, forks and other items in keeping with the crustacean concept.
Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1097426

Back
Top Bottom