Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

im triggered bc he said that after I posted with celtics gear. whereas I actually do skate lol

I can’t lie, I was curious if these would have a griptape material in place of the suede, stuffed tongues or double stitched. Stuff skaters would actually appreciate, but nah these are regular jays with a SB heel. Can’t convince me otherwise these aren’t shoe of the year thus far, the pearl leather color is the perfect compliment, I wouldn’t like them as much if they were basic white. The red air bubble unit is a nice offset too. I know others want a second colorway but imo they could stop right here with it. They already nailed it once, don’t get cute.

I can’t lie, I was curious if these would have a griptape material in place of the suede, stuffed tongues or double stitched. Stuff skaters would actually appreciate, but nah these are regular jays with a SB heel. Can’t convince me otherwise these aren’t shoe of the year thus far, the pearl leather color is the perfect compliment, I wouldn’t like them as much if they were basic white. The red air bubble unit is a nice offset too. I know others want a second colorway but imo they could stop right here with it. They already nailed it once, don’t get cute.
Show me a skate shoe with griptape material

:rofl:

Grip tape on a skate shoe is terrible idea imagine going for a kick flip and your **** getting caught on the board🤣

It’s more so a concept that a practical use. Paying homage to the culture. Skating jays in general was always bad, the whole outsole would be smoked within a few sessions from kickflips, Ollie’s and the like. That’s why most skate shoes have a rubber outsole or at least toe cap, takes longer to wear a hole into it. Up until the 2000’s skating Nike’s was taboo and would get you called a poser off rip.

Last edited:
People keep saying this is a Skater Shoe. News Flash, the Air Jordan 4 was originally released by Nike, created by Tinker Hatfield, with input from a Basketball Player that the shoe was created for. His name is Michael Jordan, and the Air Jordan 4 was released in 1989 as a Basketball Shoe, not as a Skateboard Shoe.

Now Nike/Jordan Brand has marketed and re-released the Air Jordan 4 with SB in the back of the shoe. So somehow the tech of these shoes have mysteriously changed from the inside out, from a Basketball Shoe, to strictly only a skater shoe.

Imagine if they never put SB on the Back of these, and only released these with a regular Nike Air on the back.

It’s more so a concept that a practical use. Paying homage to the culture. Skating jays in general was always bad, the whole outsole would be smoked within a few sessions from kickflips, Ollie’s and the like. That’s why most skate shoes have a rubber outsole or at least toe cap, takes longer to wear a hole into it. Up until the 2000’s skating Nike’s was taboo and would get you called a poser off rip.
What about the Air Choad?? :lol:

There was a pair of Nikes mid 90’s that a bunch of local skaters in my area skated in…no idea the name

The trend started when the guy who owned the local skate shop (Metal…now a skateboard company apparently owned by Fred Gall these days) had a pair and he was a little influential I suppose cause he was previously sponsored by Think, Spitfire, and I think Venture

People clowning about grip tape but wasn’t the first SB dunk called grip tapes? All black hpper with gum outsole?

The overlays looked like a rubber material that was kind of gritty

its really a skater shoe, its funny seeing peeps rocking these like its an official teams colorway...

close-door-the-office.gif

What about the Air Choad?? :lol:

There was a pair of Nikes mid 90’s that a bunch of local skaters in my area skated in…no idea the name

The trend started when the guy who owned the local skate shop (Metal…now a skateboard company apparently owned by Fred Gall these days) had a pair and he was a little influential I suppose cause he was previously sponsored by Think, Spitfire, and I think Venture

People clowning about grip tape but wasn’t the first SB dunk called grip tapes? All black hpper with gum outsole?

The overlays looked like a rubber material that was kind of gritty

Yep. Sure was. They also did a team red/maroon version.

Yep, they were the predecessors to some of the best SB dunks in my opinion…Supas, Reese Forbes, Gino Ianucci’s

Made a pair of team red dunk by you inspired by them last year…still haven’t worn 🤷‍♂️

Cats gonna act like the AJI wasn’t a skate shoe.

Lemme guess yaw only use those to dunk form the free throw line whilst driving your smushcalades

I just hope this drop another color so I can have another shot because I refuse to pay 500 for a size 12 and the fakes just keep getting better and better

Mavs fan guess again you really tried, however I was truly reflecting on the time it has been seems like yesterday

Not trying. But that might be worse. Luka in his team Jordan sneakers is going to want out sooner than later. A Lakers Vs Celtic match up would be something the NBA wants because it's going to be ratings gold for the league.

Not trying. But that might be worse. Luka in his team Jordan sneakers is going to want out sooner than later. A Lakers Vs Celtic match up would be something the NBA wants because it's going to be ratings gold for the league.
If you say so I beg to differ.

Back
Top Bottom