Nike Shox R4 flywire.

img_2041-570x380.jpg

://sneakernews.com/2009/07/10/nike-shox-r4-flywire-fall-2009/

from Sneaker News:

The Nike Shox R4 runner has been a top seller for the Swoosh for quite a while now. It has a sleek, well-cushioned design, but this newest edition takes the R4to another level. We've seen multicoloured Flywire on the side panels of plenty of kicks since last year's Hyperdunk introduced the resilient,ultralight 'fabric', but these look especially good with red on the forefoot and black at the back. All of that is atop a white upper that featuresjust a touch of metallic silver. We expect the latest Nike Shox R4 in Q3 2009 from Nike retailers like Vault.

Looks like flywire is gonna be here for quite awhile and has infiltrated all of nike

not bad....but can't see myself ever spending that much on a pair of shox.....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Flywire over leather = No functionality = gimmick.

lol... i was thinking the same thing...... i wasnt sure if that was leather or not.

I give flywire for looking interesting, but not for any claims of functionality.

Originally Posted by blahzee

Originally Posted by andfattoo

lol... i was thinking the same thing...... i wasnt sure if that was leather or not.
qft
true, BUT like said I'm not so sure that's leather, it doesn't look too much like past leather used on runners, I could be completelywrong though.

They look nice though if that matters at all, not too big on shox but I would consider those for a decent price, and if that's not leather

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

Originally Posted by blahzee

Originally Posted by andfattoo

qft
true, BUT like said I'm not so sure that's leather, it doesn't look too much like past leather used on runners, I could be completely wrong though.

They look nice though if that matters at all, not too big on shox but I would consider those for a decent price, and if that's not leather

exact sentiment here for me....as said not sure if it looks like leather really.....but according to the original quote, flywire over leather seems rathercounterproductive....but on the cosmetic side (as this flywire phenomenon has been known to do so far) it does look good....I've always snubbed the R4 forwhatever reason over the yrs, but strangely enough, this one has caught my interest...

They should make Flywire Foamposites.
eek.gif
i really do believe that would be overdoing it.....but i am right with you there with the curiosity factor...

^youre right, it would be interesting to see, but there definitely would be no point funtionality-wise

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

The orig R4 needed no changing. This shoe sucks. Sorry.

The original R4s are still my favorite Nike running shoe ever. Ive had my pair for 3 or 4 years now and still wear them daily. I'd love to get anotherpair, but Nike only releases them in awful colorways these days. I have the white/red/green ones. Id probably try the ones with flywire if the colorway isright, but if they would releae the originals in better coloways id pick up another pair in a heartbeat.

^mjd77... nike retroed the original shox r4 white/silver/red colorway just this past year. might be able to find a pair on ebay (they come in the new brownbox). pretty true to the original, too.

Back
Top Bottom