Nike SKYPOSITE

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

skyposites are at marshalls 69.99 or something like that. the blues and the carbonfibers...... i'll post the pic in a few minutes

What sizes they have?

skyposites are at marshalls 69.99 or something like that. the blues and the carbonfibers...... i'll post the pic in a few minutes

If they have royals in sz. 13 please get at me.

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

the skyposites seemed to have completely flopped and as much as i was looking forward to the eggplants, i wouldn't be surprised if they never see the light of day. i've been training in the ring for an upcoming fight in the carbon fibers and i'm very happy with their performance. i decided to buy another pair to use for basketball and managed to find the kryptonates at the mall today. i'm sure for many of you that would be no big deal, but when you live in florida, it's not always easy to find the shoe you want without resorting to ebay.

i wish more foam heads would have shown support for this release. the copper thread is at what, 600 pages? a new color of the foamposite from TWELVE YEARS AGO . . . meanwhile nike drops a nice current foamposite shoe and most don't seem to care. very sad.

foams have gone through some lean times. only one GR color of the ultraposite. the long gap between the ultraposite and the foamposite lite. the flightposite III not selling well at all. etc etc etc

if you really think about it, there's never been a new foam to come out and do really well. it's really amazing how hot the foam one is all these years later when the line could have easily been killed off many times.

i've never been to the DMV and i'm not even sure what it is, but if they want to take credit for keeping foams alive, i give them two thumbs up because someone had to do it. don't get me wrong, i liked jordans as a kid, and barkleys, and pippens, and whatever . . . but man, if you REALLY knew sneakers, your shoes were made of foam.
Good post.

The main reason the copper foam thread is so deep is because of hypebeasts/resellers. I love the coppers though which is why I bought two and am keeping both. As for the eggplant re-release (stupid to be so soon), at least half of them are going to be flipped the day after they release. It takes many years for a foam shoe to gain a large following and the Foamposite One has hit its peak. I'm not saying it will, but the Foam Lite or Skyposite could possibly grow in popularity a decade from now.

As for the Skyposites, I have the carbon fibers and the royals, and I think they're nice. They could've added a few more characteristics to the mold, but really, people are sleeping. Just be glad they are so people like us can pick them up for cheap. I'm happy as hell that the FPII's aren't moving. That shoe is great.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

What sizes they have?
i was there last week and they basically had sizes 10.5 and under.   if anyone is interested hit me up, and ill see if they are still there.

Trust, this shoe gets love from ME.

Comfortable as all heck and one of the better posites to wear with pants/jeans. This might be the right time to stock up.

i got my carbon fibers on clearance from NDC for $95 and a buddy used his discount to get me my kryptonates so those were $112. would love to get a deal on some royals. what's my best bet for a size 12? this is by far my favorite foam since the first flightposite, which was what, ten years ago?

i signed up for eastbay VIP so when i get my coupon code i could use that to get the royals down to $97.50. if anybody knows a way to get them cheaper for a size 12, plz help!

as some of you know, if i buy a pair of sneakers, i throw a pair away as i only allow myself to keep 8 pairs at a time. well . . . if i bought the royal skyposites i'd prolly have to toss my royal foamposites and that would be humorous IMO.

i think too many sneakerheads allow themselves to live in the past and miss out on the present.

i may be going off on a rant again, but it drives me crazy when ill see an NBA player in like a retro 8. come on, you play basketball for a living, wear the best technology you have access to, not what was cool cuz it happened to be the best technology decades ago.

anyway, VERY VERY happy to see this thread alive again and i hope those with small enough feet are able to track down some super cheap skyposites for themselves.

last thing before i go to bed cuz ive been awake since i woke up monday afternoon . . . who else has the kryptonates and what do you think of them? does it bother you that they dont actually have the nate robinson logo on them? should the skyposite have focused on original colorways instead of debuting with a flightposite rip off, following up with a foam one rip off, and then dropping a foam lite rip off?

the skyposites seemed to have completely flopped and as much as i was looking forward to the eggplants, i wouldn't be surprised if they never see the light of day. i've been training in the ring for an upcoming fight in the carbon fibers and i'm very happy with their performance. i decided to buy another pair to use for basketball and managed to find the kryptonates at the mall today. i'm sure for many of you that would be no big deal, but when you live in florida, it's not always easy to find the shoe you want without resorting to ebay.

i wish more foam heads would have shown support for this release. the copper thread is at what, 600 pages? a new color of the foamposite from TWELVE YEARS AGO . . . meanwhile nike drops a nice current foamposite shoe and most don't seem to care. very sad.

foams have gone through some lean times. only one GR color of the ultraposite. the long gap between the ultraposite and the foamposite lite. the flightposite III not selling well at all. etc etc etc

if you really think about it, there's never been a new foam to come out and do really well. it's really amazing how hot the foam one is all these years later when the line could have easily been killed off many times.

i've never been to the DMV and i'm not even sure what it is, but if they want to take credit for keeping foams alive, i give them two thumbs up because someone had to do it. don't get me wrong, i liked jordans as a kid, and barkleys, and pippens, and whatever . . . but man, if you REALLY knew sneakers, your shoes were made of foam.
I think it was a combination of things.. Beside Iggy, who else was wearingthis shoe?

alot of people like the idea of the color, its just the shoe itself is very ehhh...

that midsole for this shoe , really kills the shoe IMO.. if they would have done something a lil dif with the midsole, these would have flew, and a lil better marketing..

what could have been

Honestly. I like the Skyposite. I wanted to get the Royal's, Amare's, and Kryptonate's.

If I could get them locally for $70, I would of probably bought 2 pairs of the Royal's. Blue is my favourite colour.

I'm in Canada though, and we get gouged on prices. Zoom Kobe IV's for like $180. Haven't bought ZKV's locally yet, bought 3 pairs online because it was just cheaper.

i would have copped if they had forefoot zoom. i think these flopped due to the lunar. i also think the foam lites also flopped due to the wrong product description on NDC and Eastbay that said they had lunar in the forefoot, when it really was zoom. Had nike not slipped up on the product info, the lites would have sold alot better.... pretty bad when the manufacturer doesn't even get the tech on its own products right... but its not the first time that happens...

i knicks -

good point about the shoe being on very few NBA feet. any marketing would have been better marketing because if there was some skyposite marketing, i certainly missed it.

alsasam -

major flop, no doubt. but really, it's not like the foamposite line has a strong sales history. i think you have to consider the flightposite III, ultraposite, and foamposite lite to all be flops for sure. the flightposite I & II certainly didn't sell great, but at least the hardcore sneakerheads at the time were wearing them in the circles i ran in, whereas most of us skipped the IIIs & ultras. every color of the foam pro went on clearance and the foam one was so limited it was bound to sell out, but it didn't sell out quick.

fresh like will -

what part of canada are you from? i have a lot of family in quebec. i've never visited, but i will one day. my great grandfather was prime minister and i want to visit the st-laurent museum before i die. any cool sneaker stores in canada you would recommend if i ever make the trip?

dr damon -

i would have to disagree about the product info. i really don't think many people pay attention to that stuff. most people just go to a store and buy what they like / think is cool out of the shoes in the price range they can afford. most stores didn't carry the skyposite and the average fan watching basketball on TV certainly wouldn't have a reason to know what the shoe is or think it is cool based on who was wearing it . . . and it certainly wasn't in the price range of most people.

really makes you wonder why nike still bothers trying to make high end basketball shoes that don't have kobe or lebron in the name as they never seem to sell. i'm not complaining because i love the skyposite, air max 360 BB, etc, but clearly the market isn't interested in $160 basketball shoes unless they are retro jordans or the new lebron.

I'm in British Columbia, but not Vancouver. Slim pickings where I'm at. A couple Foot Lockers and Champs, but nothing significant. I don't even think the Skyposite's will ever release around here.

i knicks -

good point about the shoe being on very few NBA feet. any marketing would have been better marketing because if there was some skyposite marketing, i certainly missed it.

alsasam -

major flop, no doubt. but really, it's not like the foamposite line has a strong sales history. i think you have to consider the flightposite III, ultraposite, and foamposite lite to all be flops for sure. the flightposite I & II certainly didn't sell great, but at least the hardcore sneakerheads at the time were wearing them in the circles i ran in, whereas most of us skipped the IIIs & ultras. every color of the foam pro went on clearance and the foam one was so limited it was bound to sell out, but it didn't sell out quick.

fresh like will -

what part of canada are you from? i have a lot of family in quebec. i've never visited, but i will one day. my great grandfather was prime minister and i want to visit the st-laurent museum before i die. any cool sneaker stores in canada you would recommend if i ever make the trip?

dr damon -

i would have to disagree about the product info. i really don't think many people pay attention to that stuff. most people just go to a store and buy what they like / think is cool out of the shoes in the price range they can afford. most stores didn't carry the skyposite and the average fan watching basketball on TV certainly wouldn't have a reason to know what the shoe is or think it is cool based on who was wearing it . . . and it certainly wasn't in the price range of most people.

really makes you wonder why nike still bothers trying to make high end basketball shoes that don't have kobe or lebron in the name as they never seem to sell. i'm not complaining because i love the skyposite, air max 360 BB, etc, but clearly the market isn't interested in $160 basketball shoes unless they are retro jordans or the new lebron.
point taken, but dudes who actually wear their kicks to PLAY in , may have skipped out on foam lites.  i was planning to cop for bball until i read the product info.   later picked up a  pair of stats after finding out they had forefoot zoom.

went by marshalls again, the biggest size in the carbon fiber skyposites was a 9.5   the biggest in the  blues was 11.5  if anyone interested hit me up.

does anyone out in niketalk land have any info on the possible release of the silver or eggplant skyposites?

does anyone think we'll get another new foamposite next season or will the skyposite be the last one for a while?

^I really want there to be, but only if Foams look futuristic again.

The Foam Lites were the first Posite b-ball shoe since the Ultras. I liked the design very much, but the colors were so disappointing. Where were the royal, eggplant and similar colorways that could give the shoe pop and shine instead of the duller black and gradient blue colorways we actually got? They really didn't stand out like, IMO, a Foam shoe ought to.

The Skyposites... well I honestly think that Foam Ones look more modern than this shoe. I know a FoampositexBlazer combo appeals to the casual crowd, but I just don't understand how a shoe with such a squared-off midsole could be used for ball in this day and age. Granted, I have no first-hand experience in playing in these, so you can take my opinions about design with a few fistfuls of salt. I do know that some guy from the other site thought they sucked to play in, while I see many people in this thread raving about the shoe. What I want to know is, how do the Skyposites compare to the Foam Ones on the court? Which shoe has the shorter break-in period, better cushioning set up, better court feel, etc? Has Nike advanced Foamposite technology over the course of 13 years or is this shoe actually a step back? If the Skyposite isn't as good, is it just the matter of a $40 difference? Until someone provides or directs me to an answer, I'll perceive the shoe to be a disappointment (IMO).

frown.gif
frown.gif
DR DAMON wrote:

i knicks -

alsasam -

fresh like will -

dr damon -

point taken, but dudes who actually wear their kicks to PLAY in , may have skipped out on foam lites.  i was planning to cop for bball until i read the product info.   later picked up a  pair of stats after finding out they had forefoot zoom.

went by marshalls again, the biggest size in the carbon fiber skyposites was a 9.5   the biggest in the  blues was 11.5  if anyone interested hit me up.

I wish they had  the royals in sz. 13. Thank you for the info.

TXZ -

i hated the colorways for the foamposite lite other than the kryptonates and wasn't willing to spend a thousand dollars on those. i like the colorways for the skyposite, bought thought the blazer thing was pretty lame.

hopefully there's another foamposite next season, but i'm not getting my hopes up. the long gap between the ultra & the lite may be nothing compared to what could be ahead as clearly the foam one is what people want.

Went to the Marshalls around my way yesterday hoping to find some skyposite's. No luck
frown.gif

i really liked the foam lites-- and i play in them.
forefoot-heel zoom combo and a snug fit.

the skyposite however was a terrible fit and did not feel good at all on my feet

Back
Top Bottom