Nike SNKRS App Nike.com/SNKRS

Was lucky enough to get the code on Saturday night so was able to cop the Chrome Foams on Sunday.  Hoping Nike can find a way to fix people hacking the app.  Really like how it makes things easier for people that don't have a store near them to purchase a shoe.

Don't even care about the hack anymore. I'm glad I got the shoes I wanted this weekend. Nothing on the horizon that matters to me right now.

links to tweets / posts ??
ppl are talking about this vid which was posted before the mirror foams was released so if it was "hacked" dont think people would have been lucky purchasing the mirrors

edit all it shows is the auto refresh that the app already does

Last edited:
Don't even care about the hack anymore. I'm glad I got the shoes I wanted this weekend. Nothing on the horizon that matters to me right now.
True, it at least helped people for a short time. Only one in the near future I'm wanting is the Oreo IV's but those should be relatively easy. 

You might not care but then what was the whole point of the app then? Their intent was to create a better experience for users.

Going from notify me to out of stock is ridiculous. The app hasn't even been fully released yet and there are leaks. I, personally, choose to not use ATCs, bots, etc, and was hoping this was the answer. But I see now there isn't an answer. Where there is a will and a buck to be made, there is a way.

The only thing that was modified about the app was being able to bypass the access code, everything else functioned the same as everybody else's app.

You guys made it seem like it had some sort of effect on todays release.

Supposedly they say the lasers xx are adding to cart on the website but shows oos on the app?

Supposedly they say the lasers xx are adding to cart on the website but shows oos on the app?
There was no wait in line today so app users didn't benefit from getting priority over people that used the website like they did yesterday.

It really was that simple.

What happened yesterday should never really happen and was a broken release.  Its no different than releases in the past when people were able to purchase from nikes mobile website but people on desktop browsers couldn't add to cart.

Last edited:
True, it at least helped people for a short time. Only one in the near future I'm wanting is the Oreo IV's but those should be relatively easy. 
If I'm assuming properly, nike may be able to handle the app users better. We also have to understand that we are all beta testers at this point, there will be lumps along the way, hacker will always be there, and that the app will improve over time. So I'm thinking it'll be solid in the long run if nike maintains its efforts over time.

You might not care but then what was the whole point of the app then? Their intent was to create a better experience for users.

Going from notify me to out of stock is ridiculous. The app hasn't even been fully released yet and there are leaks. I, personally, choose to not use ATCs, bots, etc, and was hoping this was the answer. But I see now there isn't an answer. Where there is a will and a buck to be made, there is a way.

Before the rant, just understand that shoes aren't that serious to me anymore. If I miss I miss. Money saved. It worked for me on the time I wanted it to and that's all that matters to...... ME

Nike emailed me a code yesterday at 3pm. I put myself on the wait list the 11th.

Thought I would need it for the foams..but got through manually on my ipad on safari.

I doubt someone hacked the app to show OOS on the XXs worldwide. Most likely just a glitch on Nike's end. Twitter sneakerheads love overreacting :lol:.

I doubt someone hacked the app to show OOS on the XXs worldwide. Most likely just a glitch on Nike's end. Twitter sneakerheads love overreacting
laugh.gif
Yep, makes me think yesterday was a glitch also.

On the bright side at least it happened to app users on an easy release.

wait until the app reaches the android community, you'll see the difference between a jailbreak iphone (Morpheus) and a root phone (Neo)

If I'm assuming properly, nike may be able to handle the app users better. We also have to understand that we are all beta testers at this point, there will be lumps along the way, hacker will always be there, and that the app will improve over time. So I'm thinking it'll be solid in the long run if nike maintains its efforts over time.
Before the rant, just understand that shoes aren't that serious to me anymore. If I miss I miss. Money saved. It worked for me on the time I wanted it to and that's all that matters to...... ME

I'm not throwing shade your way. And I get your mentality.

Who knows what happened this morning. To me, I've had an easier time getting shoes from FNL and FTL and Co despite there being issues on their sites.

wait until the app reaches the android community, you'll see the difference between a jailbreak iphone (Morpheus) and a root phone (Neo)
This is what I've been saying, once it hits android it'll be modified to atc and autocheckout on 10 accounts at once.

I'm not throwing shade your way. And I get your mentality.

Who knows what happened this morning. To me, I've had an easier time getting shoes from FNL and FTL and Co despite there being issues on their sites.

I'm not saying you are throwing shade.

As a software developer, I already know the game of cat and mouse nike and hackers are playing. I'm just happy it worked for me once because nike vs hackers will be a losing battle unless nike wants put up some serious money to fight the fight.

I'm not saying you are throwing shade.

As a software developer, I already know the game of cat and mouse nike and hackers are playing. I'm just happy it worked for me once because nike vs hackers will be a losing battle unless nike wants put up some serious money to fight the fight.
Nike is too cheap and arrogant to take cyber security serious.  The fact that they have their in house IT team managing their cyber threats makes no sense, their biggest blunder was to implement the captcha on the product page.   Given complete advantage to the people they were trying to stop.   

Speaking of cyber. Did you guys did see the story of a hacking group that exfiltrated $2 Billion from banks across the world over a two year period. Ish is crazy.

Sorry for the thread derail. And sorry for anyone who was relying on the app to cop the XX Lasers. I'd say for the time being, use a computer and mobile device.

Speaking of cyber. Did you guys did see the story of a hacking group that exfiltrated $2 Billion from banks across the world over a two year period. Ish is crazy.

Sorry for the thread derail. And sorry for anyone who was relying on the app to cop the XX Lasers. I'd say for the time being, use a computer and mobile device.

That's my plan and was this weekend since I think greater quantity enhances my chances.

Didn't see the article you mentioned tho. Reminds me of some OFFICE SPACE kind of theme.

"Have you seen my stapler?"

these people can create hacks for the app, but nike could easily code their app a certain way that you could only use the LATEST version of the app in order to buy a pair of shoes.

on every major release they could release an update to the app (in order to counter the previous hacking attempts) and it would take time for coders to figure out how to hack the app.

if anyone is confused by what i'm saying, basically when you're hacking software you're looking for "loopholes" in the coding. nike can obtain the software used for the hacks, patch the holes in their program and release an update.

it's not that hard. will nike do it? who knows.. one can hope.

Back
Top Bottom