Nike Sportswear Shoes (brown/recycled box with all the logos)

Are these suitable for basketball?

I've been playing in a bunch of these retros recently-- including the KG III, Total Max Uptempo, Penny II, Penny III
all of which have been fine to me performance-wise

I recently have been seeing/reading that these shoes are not meant for athletic activities.

granted, i'm not 6'5 210 either, though.

thoughts/discussion?

i think you will be fine. they still use the same cushioning systems, outsoles and lacing systems the originals did, so they should be the same performance wise. the garnett 3 has a plastic shank plate instead of a carbon fiber one, but that won't change the performance of the shoe much, if at all.

maybe that box is just the standard nike sportswear box, which is probably the division in charge of retros.

The shoes will work, the box is just like said-a throwback to the retros. There's a lot of stuff that would work better but these aren't BAD for you by any means.

That apparent statement would appear to be more like a general disclaimer, a flimsy attempt to cover themselves where a Retro doesn't come out right.

Every now and then, they do still manage a decent Retro.... although as i said elsewhere, this years Penny 3s have been said to 'feel different' from last years.(?)

Originally Posted by mt3130

i think you will be fine. they still use the same cushioning systems, outsoles and lacing systems the originals did, so they should be the same performance wise. the garnett 3 has a plastic shank plate instead of a carbon fiber one, but that won't change the performance of the shoe much, if at all.

maybe that box is just the standard nike sportswear box, which is probably the division in charge of retros.

Ah. but the Air 3 doesn't have Tuned Air in the heel. :smile:

^^^i've heard a couple say they like the retros better than the OGs. i know everyone here is in love with tuned air, air max is a-ok for impact protection.

Back
Top Bottom