Nike Talk Book? I know we have some quality scribes/poet laureates on here.

I think a solid official Nike Talk book about the history of the site and the evolution of how far it has grown would be a quality addition to this site.  It could be used on educating new members and definitely be good conversation piece in the home. 

Has the mods/higher ups ever considered this notion? 

Just wanted to open a discussion about the idea and get some feedback on it. 

Sounds good, hit up potus
laugh.gif
. There must be a stipulation tho, there must be two chapters (one each) dedicated strictly for thick girls and yambs. That is all
roll.gif

cool concept...Im not sure how it would be executed though...theres not enough cohesion unless you fictionalized it...that actually has a lot of potential based on how far NT has come already

A book on NT evolution wouldn't be interesting. A book comprised of NT's best short stories/arguments would be the *!% though. 

I think if enough members collaborated on these it could be official.  NT has some true talent on here in all facets of life.  Good to hear some feedback so far.  Thanks. 

There could definitely be different sections of the book targeting certain topics...History, Great Moments, Member accomplishments, etc.   

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I think if enough members collaborated on these it could be official.  NT has some true talent on here in all facets of life.  Good to hear some feedback so far.  Thanks. 

There could definitely be different sections of the book targeting certain topics...History, Great Moments, Member accomplishments, etc.   

i've only been here for 3ish years or so but i'd be down to help out

Most NTers freak out if a post contains three paragraphs of writing.. they might have a heart attack if given a book.

I don't see how there's enough to fill even a few dozen pages. How much history is there to really cover without just telling stories of funny/great moments of the site? And re-telling the story of a funny thread would probably lose a lot of the humor, might as well just update the NT wikia and link to the actual threads so people can read it themselves.

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco3

NO. We dont need a book.
Word. The first rule of fight club is, there is no fight club. You think they would make a book?

Oh, wait.....
Actually the first rule of Fight Club is....We do not talk about Fight Club.

This isn't Fight Club though and NT lost it's allure/secret society vibe back in 2004 with the explosion of social media. 

Originally Posted by beh235

laugh.gif
. There must be a stipulation tho, there must be two chapters (one each) dedicated strictly for thick girls and yambs. That is all
roll.gif

pimp.gif
Only been here since 04, but if it happens I'd be down...I actually like this idea.

Originally Posted by potus2028

Originally Posted by beh235

laugh.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif
Only been here since 04, but if it happens I'd be down...I actually like this idea.

I've read some of your posts and you would definitely be able to do it some justice.  Provide the narration for the history of NT. 

If anything, it should be about the members and not the site itself. A movie would be better with dope visuals and music.

It would be cool to see a new story about some fictional members with cameos and scenes to pay homage.

Back
Top Bottom