Nike Talker's getting poorer and poorer.

Saving money and being ABLE to spend >>>> Actually spending money
laugh.gif

It's always funny, when you are broke/low on funds, you have all kinds of things you wanna get.
But when you actually have enough money or you do a lot of saving, you don't wanna spend a damn
thing. There's been times where I'm like "maaaaan I'm bout to get these new (whatever) when I get
the money", then when you it's laid out for you to get, it's like "%@^# that"
laugh.gif

Nt seperate your asset's and liabilities and you'll be straight..im glad im learning this now definitely changed my whole outlook on spending my TIME and money

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Perhaps you played the "sneaker game". I just love sneakers. It was never a trend or a fad to me. So I continue to buy them.

This whole "we've grown up" thing in nonsense. Plenty of older dudes on here buy sneakers. Again, because we were in it for the love, not the hype.

I also fixed the above for you. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Some of us are doing it ALL.
I honestly love shoes as im sure everyone does on here....but have you seen the black cement 3 thread......quality and price these days is making it almost insane to purchase such a low quality product for such a high mark up.  And the older dudes buy sneakers but don't flaunt it....its part of growing up. We just casually buy what we like and keep it moving.

I'm sure the real reason is the age difference

Without turning this into an argument, let me give you the flip.

I have the disposable income to buy an item that is high in price and low in quality for the sheer nostalgia of it.

You'll still see older dudes get up in the Team Air Max Fam thread. In the Team AF1 thread. It isn't about age. We're just guys that ALWAYS loved sneakers.

For many it was just the cool thing to do.

I don't think it's age so much. If you see people on here long enough, you'll see how they move. One month they like Dunks. Then Air Force 1's. Then they like Air Max. Then they like J's. Then Gucci/Louie sneakers. Or those God awful Supras. Then they wear boat shoes.

I'm not sure it's so much age as it is the moving on to the next "trend". Be it the next trendy sneaker or the next trendy look. Even younger kids were into the whole Gucci/Louie trend when it hit hard.

Lil dudes running around with coin purses that cost more than they have in the bank.

Couldn't have explained it better myself

I've been at the same level of brokeness since I've been here in 06
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Dat consistency 
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

As for the whole sneaker thing, I'm not spending $200 dollars on a piece of crap shoe. Thats just ridiculous.

I never had good sneakers when I was growing up but when I started spending my own money I bought what wanted. I may be broke now but it feels good knowing I bought everything with my own money. That is PRICELESS!

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

When I joined this site like 11-12 years ago, everyone was caked up.

Boys doing bad now, we ain't getting money like we used to.

we need to get our swag back

You lived with your parents until you were 30, though.

been hustling since i was 12. does it make sense to look fly and be broke? to me it didnt. always rocked fila and puma and assics never had a pair of jordans that i actually owned. i always bought em and resold them. same way till this day,if i can make a profit from something best beleive im in that.

I honestly love shoes as im sure everyone does on here....but have you seen the black cement 3 thread......quality and price these days is making it almost insane to purchase such a low quality product for such a high mark up.  And the older dudes buy sneakers but don't flaunt it....its part of growing up. We just casually buy what we like and keep it moving.

I'm sure the real reason is the age difference

Without turning this into an argument, let me give you the flip.

I have the disposable income to buy an item that is high in price and low in quality for the sheer nostalgia of it.

You'll still see older dudes get up in the Team Air Max Fam thread. In the Team AF1 thread. It isn't about age. We're just guys that ALWAYS loved sneakers.

For many it was just the cool thing to do.

I don't think it's age so much. If you see people on here long enough, you'll see how they move. One month they like Dunks. Then Air Force 1's. Then they like Air Max. Then they like J's. Then Gucci/Louie sneakers. Or those God awful Supras. Then they wear boat shoes.

I'm not sure it's so much age as it is the moving on to the next "trend". Be it the next trendy sneaker or the next trendy look. Even younger kids were into the whole Gucci/Louie trend when it hit hard.

Lil dudes running around with coin purses that cost more than they have in the bank.
I hear ya man.

Just saying the reason people are "seeming poorer" due to "lack of posts in the pick up threads" is because:
the older folk that have been here a while aren't really about that flashy life and don't post there. 
Shoes have gotten worse in quality and higher in price therefor people are buying less, nostalgia aside its not overpowering the practical side of the brain as much.
The people who were 11 years ago...then grow up and have other priorities like homes and children to spend things on.

Not a personal attack my man.

Then again people could just be poorer
laugh.gif

I was obsessed with sneakers back in high school, but my interest and money spent on shoes is nowhere near what it used to be. Doesn't mean I've just moved on from it like it was a fad or a trend. I still like to check out the Jordan/Nike section or visit some SB forums just to see whats up with the sneaker game these days. I still buy a sneaker here and there if I really like it.

To answer OP's question, I definitely haven't become poor since my sneaker days. I was more into finding "gems" and "steals" at random stores like Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. since I was just a HS kid without much money.

laugh.gif

I do remember a time when dudes were posting up pickups of exotic cars, high end condos, etc. Sign of the times I guess.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif

I do remember a time when dudes were posting up pickups of exotic cars, high end condos, etc. Sign of the times I guess.

Let's take into account the possibility that those dudes were full of %*$% as well.

Back
Top Bottom