Nike to dress up french soccer national team

its been made official today, Nike will sponsor the french soccer team from 2011 to 2018 for 320 millions euros, the highest amount in soccer history here isthe link http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/22022008/1/nike-habillera-l-equipe-de-france-de-football-pour-42.html sorry it s in french but can t wait for 2011 to rockthat new jersey
pimp.gif

quite surprising... seems like France has been with Adidas for a long time...

well we are getting used to it over here (or should i say over there since i left the homeland) first it has been the rugby team switching from the germanbrand to the swoosh in 99 then the bball team in the early 2000 and now the soccer team still its gonna be interesting to see what the new jerseys look like iwont hesitate to cop the jersey anymore
pimp.gif

this should be interesting. adidas had always done the french good when it came to their kits.

I have to add that upon further review.. I would have really really preferred Adidas. Adidas is part of the French National team's history as they'vebeen together since 1972.

Also, Adidas kit fitting is better in my view. Plus, the stripes/design are usually good.

At the end of the day, money is what matters. However, I wish there would have been consideration for tradition. Luckily, we'll see somemarketing/advertising for Euro 08/World Cup 2010 featuring Benzema and Nasri (Adidas athletes.)

here is a lil preview of the "it s more than a jersey campaign" nothing special though and sorry for the link but i really suck at computer
eyes.gif

Like stated before, it'll be weird to see the French national team rocking Nike kits. Adi Dasller must be rolling in his grave right now( read SneakerWars), considering the time spent and effort he went through to outfit France. Hopefully, Germany doesn't follow suit.

Originally Posted by T21D

Like stated before, it'll be weird to see the French national team rocking Nike kits. Adi Dasller must be rolling in his grave right now( read Sneaker Wars), considering the time spent and effort he went through to outfit France. Hopefully, Germany doesn't follow suit.
I'd be shocked if that happened...

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I have to add that upon further review.. I would have really really preferred Adidas. Adidas is part of the French National team's history as they've been together since 1972.

Also, Adidas kit fitting is better in my view. Plus, the stripes/design are usually good.

At the end of the day, money is what matters. However, I wish there would have been consideration for tradition. Luckily, we'll see some marketing/advertising for Euro 08/World Cup 2010 featuring Benzema and Nasri (Adidas athletes.)

Have adidas really sponsored France since 72?

Did Le Coq Sportif never have a run with them.

If they didn't they should have. I miss the days when smaller companies made more, Nike and adidas dominate now.
I'm glad England are still Umbro (even if it's Nike in disguise).

I love France in Adidas (Just got a Nasri Euro08 shirt), but it should be interesting to see what Nike will do with the shirt.

Someone stated that they hope Germany never switches to the Swoosh...
well I last year nike almost pulled it off and actually offered Germany more money than adidas did upon their renegotiated contract.

I too will miss France in adidas... btw, the new adidas France kits are nice.

Originally Posted by mmagic1

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I have to add that upon further review.. I would have really really preferred Adidas. Adidas is part of the French National team's history as they've been together since 1972.

At the end of the day, money is what matters. However, I wish there would have been consideration for tradition. Luckily, we'll see some marketing/advertising for Euro 08/World Cup 2010 featuring Benzema and Nasri (Adidas athletes.)

Have adidas really sponsored France since 72?

Did Le Coq Sportif never have a run with them.

If they didn't they should have. I miss the days when smaller companies made more, Nike and adidas dominate now.
I'm glad England are still Umbro (even if it's Nike in disguise).

yah they wore le coq.. i jus dont remember when was the last time.....

I like nike kits a lot better than adidas for the most part, I hate that every MLS team has adidas

it was like mid/early eighties france wore le coq sportif. found a vintage jersey at salvation army awhile ago.

plus france won't win anything since zidane retired so it doesn't really matter. Thierry Henry isn;t enough for this team to win, and Ribery seems toinjury prone.

The only decent kits adidas makes are for some national teams. Their clubs kits are the same two templates allover.

for the most part the lesser nationals get reused style kits as well. look at mexico and germany the past couple years.

nike in my opinion has nothing that really defines their kits nationally, they tend to be rather bland. their club kits are way better.

Back
Top Bottom