NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

All things trainer shoes that may not be worth its own thread.

Either for casual or actual gym.

From Toranadas to Trainer 1.0s, from Lunar Caldras to Zoom Speed Trainer 3, from Romaleos to Air Mar Typha.

Some of these might overlap with running shoes too.

Upcoming trainers:

Ultrafast Flyknit

View media item 1969698

Free Train Force Flyknit

View media item 1969699

Free Transform Flyknit

View media item 1969700

Are they going to be releasing anymore colorways of the Caldras? Love the look of the shoe but not into any of the cw's out now.

Looks like the model isn't too popular, probably means that we won't be seeing the Oregon Ducks colorway I've been seeing a lot recently :frown:

Quick pic of the trainers I have lying around, all worn to workouts. I just love them and I almost always buy a pair of new Free Trainers 3.0 every year. Got Metcon 1 & 2, Hypercross TR2, Hyperfeels, Zoom Speed TR and flyknit Free 4.0 & 5.0. I've also worked out in several Free Runs 2s & 3s (not pictured) that I have used for HIIT and just being active outside.

Also a quick review:

Hyperfeels has the most responsive and closest to the ground, also great traction too but not too durable, amazing ventilation but that's a given on flyknit uppers
Metcons are stable and maybe even most versatile being made for crossfit and all, provides good cushion though I am not sure how long the lunar cushion will last
Hypercross TR2 are most comfortable cushion-wise, love the zoom and the forefoot is very noticeable almost like unlocked zoom but not quite
Zoom Speed Trainers my favorite look-wise, it's also very close to the ground and stable, not as much cushion but it is also feels the most locked down
Free Trainers 3.0, I have 3-4 years in a row and I am not the biggest fan of the most recent on, they removed the cushioned lining and it gives me heel slip, not sure the new midsole is an improvement either
Flyrknit Free 3.0s & 4.0s are good too but I use them more for casual wears and running errands but they're also good for quick short runs.

View media item 1970533View media item 1970534

Last edited:
Are they going to be releasing anymore colorways of the Caldras? Love the look of the shoe but not into any of the cw's out now.

might not be the colorway you're expecting but two new ones of the Caldras Amplify: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/lunar-caldra-amplify-training-shoe/pid-11161559/pgid-11266784
View media item 1974685View media item 1974686
I think this colorways new too: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/lunar-caldra-training-shoe/pid-10949859/pgid-11287233
View media item 1974687

Last edited:
I actually love the all gold Caldras. Slept on them for too long though and now NDC is out of my size.

Last edited:
Yeah, great CW and reminded me of my beast mode TR1s. I just wasn't willing to pay retail on em and looks like I missed out too.

Ive been thinking about making this thread. Thanks for making it. :smokin

Looks like Gronk has a PE of the Tornada coming soon.

EDIT: won't let me post the link, but it's on sole collector.

Last edited:
Yeah the soles are different, I don't really know what Free sole thickness are used on the Instincts, it doesn't say anymore but oyu can see they are different. Unless of course Kevin Hart has been wearing a prototype?
I'm feeling that Instinct sole a lot more than the 3.0 sole on the Hustle Harts, it gives the shoe a more aggressive look and fits well with the lines on the upper 

Haven't seen them in stores yet so no chance to try them on, I see that Finishline has them on their website as well so i might stop by one this weekend if they have any on the shelves.

Subbed. Eager to hear some reviews on the Nike Free Train Force Flyknits. Missed out on the Hyperfeels. Hopefully these are similar

Back
Top Bottom