Nike WiFi Dunks...ASRD (A Step in the Right Direction)

Courtesy of Engadget:

Get ready to pay atelier sneaker prices for these babies, because designer MSTRPLN (not to be confused with MSTRKRFT) and Ubiq (not to be confused withUbiquio) teamed up to produce some straight black Nike Dunks with built-in WiFi detection. It'scalled A Step in the Right Direction, and we might actually agree.

http://www.mstrpln.com/asrd/

mstrpln-ubiq-asrd-sneakers.jpg

A Step in the Right Direction is a sneaker based wearable technology project designed by mstrpln in collaboration with Ubiq boutique.

The idea of footwear was pushed further by converging elements of digital culture with fashion and design into a wearble technology. The end product is a sneaker designed to detect Wi-Fi wireless internet hot-spots wherever the user may roam, with every step.

I'll be sticking with my iPhone and Stumbler software personally.
laugh.gif

sorta lame, a lot of households have wifi so it might just lead you over to someone's house
roll.gif

and I wouldnt want lights flashing from my shoes

Wait it only detects wifi? why would I want that if the places that have wifi have signs that they have it

ohh snap kid.....that would have been hot in like 2002
eyes.gif
.....hey...atleast those are better than what the "innovation kitchen" came up with..

Someone needs to do some serious personnel restructuring in the R&D dept. over @ Nike
laugh.gif

It dropped 2 years ago.
It was a concept technology project developed between myself and Ubiq to push the idea of footwear further converging design and technology.

Back
Top Bottom