Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

“Worn once” is one of the most common lies used by people :lol:
That’s hilarious because I was just thinking about that this past weekend. I have seen some pee yellow bottoms on icy soles of shoes that have been “worn once”. It’s irritating because I do have some shoes that have been worn 1-3X and they look almost if not new. No one wants to hear it though because of the liars out there on eBay and especially Grailed. I have bought some DS looking shoes that were marked as worn once. The pics tell way more than someone saying how many times they’ve been worn

Are y’all really arguing about this?
Lmao

If you put your feet in a pair of shoes, I don’t care if you don’t even touch the floor, they been worn by you even if for a few seconds.
That’s unds
I can’t count foot stores when people try on the shoes as being ds either,
Some of the kicks they have are dusty as ****
What if instead of a foot, someone stuck their hand in the shoe just for a second to pull the shoe tree out and take insole out to legit check it. Is it still DS? It has had a body part in it

Unfortunately, there is no universal definition of deadstock. In my opinion, if it hasn't hit concrete, it's deadstock. And I'm perfectly fine receiving a shoe thats been tried on from StockX. I guess I can understand some people becoming upset after paying hundreds of dollars to see a spec of dust or two stuck in their soles, but is it really that big of a deal? Especially if you plan to wear them yourself and dirty them 3x over the first 10 feet on concrete? In the end, I get both sides of the argument though. I like the metaphor that you don't want a brand new car with 500 miles on it. But realistically, this is a brand new car with 5 miles on it and most cars come tested from the factory.

the original definition of deadstock was. the stock is dead as in you can no longer find the particular shoe in stock or on shelves in store.

the more general term of deadstock is wearing the shoe whether for one second or a full day.

the original definition of deadstock was. the stock is dead as in you can no longer find the particular shoe in stock or on shelves in store.

the more general term of deadstock is wearing the shoe whether for one second or a full day.

I honestly don't know why the definition changed from the original. I remember BNIB being the key definition for unworn.

I honestly don't know why the definition changed from the original. I remember BNIB being the key definition for unworn.
i think its bc we left the whole ebay description format. even taking a shoe out of the box was UNDSing.

and just to clarify, i understand definitions are different so no personal attacks to those who "try on" their kicks and see them as DS.

Unfortunately, there is no universal definition of deadstock. In my opinion, if it hasn't hit concrete, it's deadstock. And I'm perfectly fine receiving a shoe thats been tried on from StockX. I guess I can understand some people becoming upset after paying hundreds of dollars to see a spec of dust or two stuck in their soles, but is it really that big of a deal? Especially if you plan to wear them yourself and dirty them 3x over the first 10 feet on concrete? In the end, I get both sides of the argument though. I like the metaphor that you don't want a brand new car with 500 miles on it. But realistically, this is a brand new car with 5 miles on it and most cars come tested from the factory.
I agree with this. Even Stadium Goods and Flight Club let you try on shoes before you buy them.

I understand both sides too. But I think if you know you’re selling it or already sold, why try it on? I remember when you received your ow converse you stated that it’s already sold but you’re trying it on just to see how it looks. Why would you try it on if it’s already sold? You’re not trying it on to see if it fits you. It’s not a big deal if someone have an intention of keeping/buying it and trying it on to make sure it fits right. And yes the buyer will get it dirty anyways but if I’m the buyer I would want it to be me that dirty it or put any imprint on it.

It’s obvious I bought a decent amount from SX and I’m sure prob half have been tried on, but I couldn’t tell so whatever...as long as I don’t know and it actually look DS. You might argue that the buyer doesn’t know, but you’re on here taking pics with it on saying it’s already sold, that’s where I think is wrong. But you’re right too...there are no universal definition of DS. Just that to me I’ve always thought it meant BNIB never tried on, aside from it meaning no more stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve always thought once it’s on feet it’s UnDS. SX and GOAT said the seller is allowed to try on shoes before selling, but I better not see any pebbles, dirt or creases on them or I’ll have them refund me. But for me, if I know I’m selling it...I wouldn’t even put them on. It’s only fair to the buyer esp at these reselling prices. Just like how I’m not about to buy a new car with 1000 miles on them or even 500 miles.

Just happened to me last. Boutght the AE off stock x for $630 and the buyer took forever to ship out. I knew something was wrong. I finally get the shoes in and you can tell dude had them on, walked around in them. Had dirt on the soles and the back of the shoes. Right shoe Nike suede on the back was stained from denim jeans. I’m guessing to flex for IG. I sent them right back to stock x. Don’t know how they passed inspection smdh

Just happened to me last. Boutght the AE stock x for $630 and the buyer took forever to ship out. I knew something was wrong. I finally get the shoes in and you can tell dude had them on, walked around in them. Had dirt on the solesand the back of the shoes. Right shoe Nike suede on the back was stained from denim jeans. I’m guessing to flex for IG. I sent them right back to stock x. Don’t know how they passed inspection smdh
With this much hype lately, a lot of these resellers don’t care about the shoes. If they get it they just want to flex and flip it. That’s why most of these tried on pairs aren’t tried on for the right reasons. SX go thru so much and im not sure how the working conditions are there, I’m sure there are some authenticators just doing a quick look and pass it not putting any consideration into it as long as it’s legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
CA9ABAE0-6C32-4DD3-98C1-F01A7104B0A3.jpeg

I understand both sides too. But I think if you know you’re selling it or already sold, why try it on? I remember when you received your ow converse you stated that it’s already sold but you’re trying it on just to see how it looks. Why would you try it on if it’s already sold? You’re not trying it on to see if it fits you. It’s not a big deal if someone have an intention of keeping/buying it and trying it on to make sure it fits right. And yes the buyer will get it dirty anyways but if I’m the buyer I would want it to be me that dirty it or put any imprint on it.

It’s obvious I bought a decent amount from SX and I’m sure prob half have been tried on, but I couldn’t tell so whatever...as long as I don’t know and it actually look DS. You might argue that the buyer doesn’t know, but you’re on here taking pics with it on saying it’s already sold, that’s where I think is wrong. But you’re right too...there are no universal definition of DS. Just that to me I’ve always thought it meant BNIB never tried on, aside from it meaning no more stock.
Try it on to see how it fits = flex on ig

The same reason I try every shoe on, even before I list it for sale; to see how it looks on me and what the hype is about. I had never tried a Converse shoe on before either, so I was curious how they it would fit me. To be fair, the right shoe was unlaced from the factory, I walked 10 steps to the mirror, took a couple quick shots, and took it off. I inspected for any dirt (which of course there wasn't any), and right back into the box they went. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

I should also add that I chose a selling platform that allows tried on shoes. I didn't market these as 'not tried on', 'never left the box' on behalf of myself. These are marketed by a mediator that they may arrive having been tried on. That expectation has been set before a bid, or buy has been made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom