Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

to be honest, I never had original prestos before the collab. But I really enjoy the comfort of these ow prestos.

384D507B-C75B-47D4-BAC3-D9D26A286BDD.jpeg

bonus pic
4E2914BB-F551-47EF-8B82-035BBD1DA9FD.jpeg

I noticed that most (if not all) of the Nike Off-White shoes come with numerous extra laces in colors that don't necessarily match the shoes they come with. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it a "just cause" rationale by Virgil?

I haven't really kept up with the whole Off-White craze, and a number of you have been kind enough to have explained the whole deconstructed motif a while back when I posted previously. Figured I'd ask here, so apologies if this was already addressed!

I noticed that most (if not all) of the Nike Off-White shoes come with numerous extra laces in colors that don't necessarily match the shoes they come with. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it a "just cause" rationale by Virgil?

I haven't really kept up with the whole Off-White craze, and a number of you have been kind enough to have explained the whole deconstructed motif a while back when I posted previously. Figured I'd ask here, so apologies if this was already addressed!

Most pairs I’ve seen come with matching laces, but some people buy their own on sites like Rope Lace Supply.

I mean like for example, the Chicago 1s. They come with orange and green laces. I can KIND of see how the orange would match the orange tabs that pin the swoosh, but other than that it's a bit of a stretch. The original Chicago 1s just came with red, white, and black laces, so I wasn't sure why green and orange were included.

I mean like for example, the Chicago 1s. They come with orange and green laces. I can KIND of see how the orange would match the orange tabs that pin the swoosh, but other than that it's a bit of a stretch. The original Chicago 1s just came with red, white, and black laces, so I wasn't sure why green and orange were included.

I don't know if there was a "reason" why he did that.... but it looks cool af :lol:

UNC Jordan 1's with orange and/or green laces look so good, as do the Desert Ore with orange laces.

I don't know if there was a "reason" why he did that.... but it looks cool af :lol:

UNC Jordan 1's with orange and/or green laces look so good, as do the Desert Ore with orange laces.

Yeah, no doubt they make the shoes stand out more. While they do look cool, I think it's a bit telling how using such alternative lace colors weren't as popular prior to OW. It just seems to me that additional colored laces were arbitrarily included in an effort to further distinguish the shoes from their original counterparts.

Yeah, no doubt they make the shoes stand out more. While they do look cool, I think it's a bit telling how using such alternative lace colors weren't as popular prior to OW. It just seems to me that additional colored laces were arbitrarily included in an effort to further distinguish the shoes from their original counterparts.

Maybe so, but I dig it. I even like the blue + green laces on those AM97's Gabrielles or whatever they're called:

air-max-98-on-air-gabrielle-serrano-shoe-qnTFZK.jpg

Went for the ow kiger frenzy drop this morning. Already have black and figured white would be impossible so I went for green in my men’s 9 size. First time hitting on frenzy. People must’ve stayed away from green since resell is so low.

Tempted to get whites to complete the set now but that probably won’t happen

This better not be one of the people talking down on my JE Lynx shorts......
70B9BB61-4486-4649-A39F-9B8058B130FF.jpeg BBFFCB06-A182-48CA-8FE6-469790251AD0.jpeg
Idk man, I’ve received a fair amount of compliments on these pants. But hey... maybe their taste is just as bad as mine. Idk. BUT I do know that I respect the deluded confidence you have to search, like, add to cart, purchase, wear, and post photos online of those overpriced crappy basic b*tch shorts u like to wear and disrespect your existence with. lovely.

70B9BB61-4486-4649-A39F-9B8058B130FF.jpeg BBFFCB06-A182-48CA-8FE6-469790251AD0.jpeg
Idk man, I’ve received a fair amount of compliments on these pants. But hey... maybe their taste is just as bad as mine. Idk. BUT I do know that I respect the deluded confidence you have to search, like, add to cart, purchase, wear, and post photos online of those overpriced crappy basic b*tch shorts u like to wear and disrespect your existence with. lovely.

Lol your pants do enough of the talking. No need for me to go any further with words.

Back
Top Bottom