Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Agreed, I think Virgil and Off-White can be really out there at times (i.e., women's vapors with the netting and these rubber dunks). I would argue that the off white dunk with the laces were pretty out there too, but the dunk hype mixed with the ow name is keeping prices high. Time to retro the OG 10 and fix the bleeding and really bad yellowing issue on the upper with the AJ1 Chi.

virgil likes the yellowing they not fixing that. It’s “deconstruction”

was doing some perusing on Ebay. sad to see someone get ripped off for $800

Screenshot_20200404-161259_eBay.jpg

was doing some perusing on Ebay. sad to see someone get ripped off for $800

Screenshot_20200404-161259_eBay.jpg

I mean "A fool is easily parted with his money". The seller is dead wrong but at the same time I find it hard to have any sympathy for a buyer who

1. Cleary haven't done any research, why would a seller let go of a 3.5k+ shoe for $800?
2. Knows the shoes are fake and doesn't care.

virgil likes the yellowing they not fixing that. It’s “deconstruction”

Man there's no way that yellowing was intentional. If that was the case why not just make it yellow from the jump since the rest of the sneaker already had the deconstructed design. I think Virgil bull****ting with that explanation of the yellowing. Probably just ran with that idea after the fact just to save face.

Man there's no way that yellowing was intentional. If that was the case why not just make it yellow from the jump since the rest of the sneaker already had the deconstructed design. I think Virgil bull****ting with that explanation of the yellowing. Probably just ran with that idea after the fact just to save face.
That's true. I mean look at what he did with the OW5. Made the bottoms yellow from the start since it was eventually gonna get like that. I do think he somewhat corrected the bleeding issue on the AJ1 though since the UNC didn't have that issue. Or maybe just because it was blue? Either way, I like my stuff icy. Don't care for the foam presto tongue when it's yellowed. Same as the upper toe box and the other areas that become yellow on the AJ1. That's just me though

the material on OW Chi AJ1 and OW UNC AJ1 are different, hence why you don't see the same type of yellowing/fraying as the chi pair

I mean "A fool is easily parted with his money". The seller is dead wrong but at the same time I find it hard to have any sympathy for a buyer who

1. Cleary haven't done any research, why would a seller let go of a 3.5k+ shoe for $800?
2. Knows the shoes are fake and doesn't care.
what if it was someone's loved one trying to get them a pair they really wanted but didnt know much about sneakers? I'd feel bad in that case.

Back
Top Bottom