Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

0707CF63-04D6-451D-BEDF-8D70BA968868.jpeg

Everything about these is beautiful.

Is it common for the sock liner on the Brooklyn AF1 to yellow quickly?
I got my pair from GOAT brand new and they came yellowed. I’ve seen it happen on other deadstock pairs as well but I’m curious if it’s just inevitable to happen overall.

Last edited:
I got my pair from GOAT brand new and they came yellowed. I’ve seen it happen on other deadstock pairs as well but I’m curious if it’s just inevitable to happen overall.

I know the The Ten pairs had some yellowing issues due to the materials. Even some of the later pairs had yellowing issues. Since it's GOAT, I'd return it and get another pair.

You can definitely email CS and complain about the yellowing issue. Those are technically supposed to be listed as "new with defects." So if you paid for new with box or whatever it is, then they'll probably offer either a paid return and refund or some discount off. Maybe like 15-20 in goat credit.

You can definitely email CS and complain about the yellowing issue. Those are technically supposed to be listed as "new with defects." So if you paid for new with box or whatever it is, then they'll probably offer either a paid return and refund or some discount off. Maybe like 15-20 in goat credit.
That’s exactly what happened. I’m going to return and re-purchase with the credit.

I'd have to see pics to know rather or not I think you have an issue.

I'd have to see pics to know rather or not I think you have an issue.
I ended up returning them already. But this is what it looked like. In my opinion this should have been listed on the new with defects section.

Attachments

• 4134B8E5-B8C6-401F-9DF4-D21D361CCB19.jpeg
    4134B8E5-B8C6-401F-9DF4-D21D361CCB19.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 507
  • 6F41E9DF-EA33-4C51-AE56-DFE53F46A4C3.jpeg
    6F41E9DF-EA33-4C51-AE56-DFE53F46A4C3.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 587
I ended up returning them already. But this is what it looked like. In my opinion this should have been listed on the new with defects section.

Without a doubt... I would have made the primetime news if my pair showed up like that!

I can't imagine what the owner did to get them in that condition... sheeshus.

Without a doubt... I would have made the primetime news if my pair showed up like that!

I can't imagine what the owner did to get them in that condition... sheeshus.

It's exposed foam. It can yellow over time. The white pairs can yellow as well. Even the font on the shoes can yellow. And I don't want to see what my Off White Jordan 1s look like now.

It's exposed foam. It can yellow over time. The white pairs can yellow as well. Even the font on the shoes can yellow. And I don't want to see what my Off White Jordan 1s look like now.

I own brooks and volts, this is well known... but what he received shouldn't happen without TONNNNNSSSS of wear.... or after being displayed in a hot-lanta skyscraper window...

I own brooks and volts, this is well known... but what he received shouldn't happen without TONNNNNSSSS of wear.... or after being displayed in a hot-lanta skyscraper window...

But the sneakers were DS. It happens. I had friends that bought the same shoes from the same store. Their pairs yellowed (Some a lot worse than others.) and they were DS. I looked at my older sneakers (same) and they were pristine. It could be how they stored it. And you mention skyscraper window, those windows could be designed to block direct sunlight or the UV rays.

I’ve definitely seen pairs in the begging stages of yellowing but no where near to the extent of the pair I received. In my opinion it definitely had to be the way they were stored. Also the fact that they were p**s yellow closer to the heel of the shoe and wasn’t that way all the way through.

Back
Top Bottom