Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

So I bought converses on StockX Saturday and just got refunded saying issues with the seller. Prices have gone up considerably and I’m pissed

This is my main issue with stock X. It seems the twitter hypebeasts are running wild on there. They are new to the game and think the price they sell at is good, then they watch the price go up over a 24/48 hour period, and they back out of the sale. Now Stock X is 'supposed' to give them a penalty fee for that, 15% or higher. But their CEO just said they have issues getting that penalty fee from most sellers.

Just read that. So basically, if you buy on stock X the day before or day of release. Expect the 16 year old hype beast you bought the shoes off, to cancel the sale, and tie your money up.Then Stock X makes ZERO attempt to eat fees and find you a replacement pair. They said they couldn't replace my OW vapormaxes although there was another pair in the same size, listed for a grand total of $1 more, sitting right on their website/app.

They are a lazy and fat group of cats over there.

What's likely is they don't have the Personnel to approve those penalty fees and the software probably isn't implemented well to automatically pull those fees out

So the whole process just gets bogged down and never gets solved

This is my main issue with stock X. It seems the twitter hypebeasts are running wild on there. They are new to the game and think the price they sell at is good, then they watch the price go up over a 24/48 hour period, and they back out of the sale. Now Stock X is 'supposed' to give them a penalty fee for that, 15% or higher. But their CEO just said they have issues getting that penalty fee from most sellers.

Just read that. So basically, if you buy on stock X the day before or day of release. Expect the 16 year old hype beast you bought the shoes off, to cancel the sale, and tie your money up.Then Stock X makes ZERO attempt to eat fees and find you a replacement pair. They said they couldn't replace my OW vapormaxes although there was another pair in the same size, listed for a grand total of $1 more, sitting right on their website/app.

They are a lazy and fat group of cats over there.

Man, this pisses me off to no end. I haven't heard back but with all the business I have done with them I told them I am out after this if they don't resolve this for me. I might pay more somewhere else or I may not but I have had delays on the last 3 purchases I have bought. The problem is I bought the OW white vapormax's and they dropped like $120 before my seller ever shipped them out. So why can't I just back out then and take the better deal, which I didn't nor did I even say anything just chalked it up as a loss. This is the very same thing that the sellers are doing. Bunch of bull ****

Man, this pisses me off to no end. I haven't heard back but with all the business I have done with them I told them I am out after this if they don't resolve this for me. I might pay more somewhere else or I may not but I have had delays on the last 3 purchases I have bought. The problem is I bought the OW white vapormax's and they dropped like $120 before my seller ever shipped them out. So why can't I just back out then and take the better deal, which I didn't nor did I even say anything just chalked it up as a loss. This is the very same thing that the sellers are doing. Bunch of bull ****
I’ve been having the same problems with them lately. First they sent me a pair of Jordan FTL with flaws but they allowed me to return after trying to make it sound like it’s my fault and that they’re doing me a favor by letting me return. Second I bought another pair of the SW AM 1/97 after the second drop because I like it a lot after seeing my pair from Nike, but it was missing the white laces with the extra patches and they only gave me a $20 discount code. Now i bought a supreme x TNF tee, it’s been 3 business days and the seller hasn’t shipped. I emailed StockX and they said they have 7-9 business days to get to me, when In their rules it says sellers have 2 business days to ship. I’m seriously done with them. They don’t even follow their own rules, they prob false authenticate stuff since they can’t even follow their own rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
If youve seen that video of that stockx day thing, they DEF false authenticate alot of shoes.

I dont mind selling on there. But buying? After that video id be weary

I watched the video. What makes you weary?

he gave those shoes a quick glance to make sure they were new and werent worn and kept it moving. At no point in that process did he give an honest indication that he was inspecting the shoe for authenticity.

Heck, even after he passed them off, the camera man asked him about the shoe (that it being a donut donuts exclusive) and son didnt even realize what the shoe was.

Everything about that is just off to me

At least with the supreme area, she gave the TNF a good inspection and went over what she looks for

he gave those shoes a quick glance to make sure they were new and werent worn and kept it moving. At no point in that process did he give an honest indication that he was inspecting the shoe for authenticity.

Heck, even after he passed them off, the camera man asked him about the shoe (that it being a donut donuts exclusive) and son didnt even realize what the shoe was.

Everything about that is just off to me

At least with the supreme area, she gave the TNF a good inspection and went over what she looks for
These guys do nothing but look at shoes all day. You and I can spot a fake on most shoes so I feel like those guys can do it super quick. Like they know right away. That's all they do is handle shoes all day. I'm not saying they are above making mistakes but I'll trust them over some random seller on eBay or me posting pics on NT and hoping posters can LC them for me through pics.

What's likely is they don't have the Personnel to approve those penalty fees and the software probably isn't implemented well to automatically pull those fees out

So the whole process just gets bogged down and never gets solved

What the hell does their data/analytics staff do then? Kick rocks?

If youve seen that video of that stockx day thing, they DEF false authenticate alot of shoes.

I dont mind selling on there. But buying? After that video id be weary

:lol: Yea I saw that vid. He literally just took the shoe out the box and put the green tag on it :rofl:

he only checked it to make sure they were DS.

however, I did buy some off white chi 1 from them and they refunded me saying that there was problem with the shoes..

that makes me believe they checked it so it was either fake or worn.

maybe they only legit check shoes that are worth a lot of $$$... idk

I’ve been having the same problems with them lately. First they sent me a pair of Jordan FTL with flaws but they allowed me to return after trying to make it sound like it’s my fault and that they’re doing me a favor by letting me return. Second I bought another pair of the SW AM 1/97 after the second drop because I like it a lot after seeing my pair from Nike, but it was missing the white laces with the extra patches and they only gave me a $20 discount code. Now i bought a supreme x TNF tee, it’s been 3 business days and the seller hasn’t shipped. I emailed StockX and they said they have 7-9 business days to get to me, when In their rules it says sellers have 2 business days to ship. I’m seriously done with them. They don’t even follow their own rules, they prob false authenticate stuff since they can’t even follow their own rules.

If it's a release item, the seller actually has 5 business days to ship. Then however long it takes stockx to authenticate and ship to you.

If it's a release item, the seller actually has 5 business days to ship. Then however long it takes stockx to authenticate and ship to you.
But the TNF tee been out for over 2-3 weeks. It really shouldn’t take this long for seller to ship.

Well my consolation for my refund is them giving me a $20 coupon. Lol never mind the $155 extra I had to pay because of a seller flaking on me

Heard from a somewhat big resale store that they only made around 2-4K of these Converse. Crazy if true. If anyone has a pair, I’d definitely hold

Heard from a somewhat big resale store that they only made around 2-4K of these Converse. Crazy if true. If anyone has a pair, I’d definitely hold
I think this is close to being accurate! By far the rarest pair of OW's made so far

Anyone ever sell shoes locally and have clowns insisting on using Venmo? Am I right in feelin suspect on their insisting to pay with Venmo balance? Feel like there's some shady fools out there trying to pull some finesse.

Anyone ever sell shoes locally and have clowns insisting on using Venmo? Am I right in feelin suspect on their insisting to pay with Venmo balance? Feel like there's some shady fools out there trying to pull some finesse.

I always insist on cash only. Guy tried to do venmo when he showed up for a meet & then claimed he wouldn't be able to get cash from an ATM due to the type of card he had. Said he'd hit me up the next day once he got the cash but I never heard from him again :lol:

I always insist on cash only. Guy tried to do venmo when he showed up for a meet & then claimed he wouldn't be able to get cash from an ATM due to the type of card he had. Said he'd hit me up the next day once he got the cash but I never heard from him again :lol:
Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Don’t do it. Venmo doesn’t offer protection for a deal like this. Venmo should really only be used between friends and family.

Listen to your gut. It’s sketch.

I’m with tankdayglo tankdayglo when it comes to local meet ups . CREAM or nothing.

Last edited:
People asking to venmo/paypal are gonna chargeback on ya ***.. ive only done paypal gift once in person but ive sold to the dude on multiple occasions so i knew he was good

These guys do nothing but look at shoes all day. You and I can spot a fake on most shoes so I feel like those guys can do it super quick. Like they know right away. That's all they do is handle shoes all day. I'm not saying they are above making mistakes but I'll trust them over some random seller on eBay or me posting pics on NT and hoping posters can LC them for me through pics.

fakes are way too good these days that a quick glance is not enough. If its a piss poor replica, yes most on here would know right off the bat.

still don't trust it

Back
Top Bottom