Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

So back on topic..what are our thoughts on the OW Flyknit Mercurial's supposedly droppin' June 14th?

Off-White-Nike-Zoom-Fly-Mercurial-Flyknit-Black-JR-Smith.jpg
My first impression is they’re OK I’d have to see more photos of them

I need those OW Flyknit Mercurials as a footy fan and World Cup purposes, but I'll gladly settle for a hoody, jersey, or jacket from that collection. Also, Zoom Flys are crazy underrated IMO.

So back on topic..what are our thoughts on the OW Flyknit Mercurial's supposedly droppin' June 14th?

With the others he took them apart and put them back together. They were new silos after he was done. With this one he just slapped some words on the midsole and a dot on the toe area and called it a day. Seems very lazy compared to the others.

Don't @ me.

Im tryin to understand sizing because I had the OW Zoom Fly from the original 10 and that was super tight even going up 0.5 from TTS. Plenty of toe room (and you could see cuz it was transparent lolll) but the getting thru the ankle and around the midfoot was ridiculous to put on.

I'm hoping the Flyknit Mercurial Zoom Fly's are more stretchy and forgiving than the ripstop nylon

With the others he took them apart and put them back together. They were new silos after he was done. With this one he just slapped some words on the midsole and a dot on the toe area and called it a day. Seems very lazy compared to the others.

Don't @ me.

I feel what you’re saying, but he placed on an upper (flyknit/360?) that didn’t exist on the Zoom Fly prior. The circles represent spots where the balls are supposed to be struck for various types of ball movements. These pretty much are the street version of his Mercurial Vaporfly cleats. I wonder if he thought about using the Vapor Street sole instead.

I’m sure his concepts/objectives for The Ten collection and his World Cup stuff is different. I actually loved the translucent uppers and reconstructed stuff too, but this World Cup stuff is interesting.

These new black Zoom Flys are nothing special ... but I stilll really like them! Could def see myself rocking a pair.

Last edited:
I feel what you’re saying, but he placed on an upper (flyknit/360?) that didn’t exist on the Zoom Fly prior. The circles represent spots where the balls are supposed to be struck for various types of ball movements. These pretty much are the street version of his Mercurial Vaporfly cleats. I wonder if he thought about using the Vapor Street sole instead.

I’m sure his concepts/objectives for The Ten collection and his World Cup stuff is different. I actually loved the translucent uppers and reconstructed stuff too, but this World Cup stuff is interesting.
Nailed it.

Nice, I didnt know about the circles' meaning. Thanks for elaborating!

And definitely agree, this is a brand new silhouette with the Flyknit material and the Zoom Fly midsole.

Didn't even think about these being WC and not The Ten. I guess I just prefer the amount of work and effort it took to flip those other models. These feel like every other collab that's done. Just slap a new colorway on a shoe and call it a collab.

I’m hoping I could find some Nike OW green laces for them. Dont like using the aftermarket ones. Really good combo. If not I think I’ll go with the orange laces it comes with.

Shut prices jumped up on the uncs 70 bucks since this morning for a 13 on stockx. Just to be sure what is sizing like on the ow 1s aa I'm always between a 12 and 13?

Yea I read somewhere they know someone that backdoor it to them too.

And for people saying we’re dumb for paying resell, I’m gonna assume most of us that do pay resell know how to handle our money and able to spoil ourself here and there. Sorry if we can’t get every pair for retail like some of you guys. I’ve been going after all of the OW and only got one for retail. Besides going on vacation this is probably my other hobby that I spend money on. Everything else I live pretty moderately. I don’t even know why I’m explaining myself, my money and mind your own business.

Getting annoying how some of you judge cuz we could afford to pay resell after striking out and really want the pair. You don’t know our financial status.

Preach bro!! Trust if we could all get them for retail we WOULD..lol!!! No one wants to pay resell prices, but if you want the shoe and have no other way, what are you gonna do? You know what that person is gonna do with the extra bread they made from selling? Blow it. Probably on a pair of shoes

Preach bro!! Trust if we could all get them for retail we WOULD..lol!!! No one wants to pay resell prices, but if you want the shoe and have no other way, what are you gonna do? You know what that person is gonna do with the extra bread they made from selling? Blow it. Probably on a pair of shoes
Some of these people talking like we’re dying to pay resell. Of course we are going to try to get retail first majority of the time, then resort to resell if we really want the pair and have the funds and willing to play with it. It’s like someone buying a commuter and someone willing to fork up the cash for a sports car and add on the accessories that they want. All about doing what makes you happy. Just saying don’t judge when it’s not harming anyone. I make my money the legit way, I don’t do shady stuff or back stab anyone to get my funds so I do whatever I want. So the judging ones that’s #teamretailorbust then Yay for you, don’t wait for the trophy. And worry about yourself.

Anyways I’m done with this topic. Was ignoring it for a while but one of the comments really annoyed me this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom