Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Who has the sail 5s? Debating on them. Worth the cop?
Yo, same here actually. I've struck out on ever OW release in history, and even though I like the black pair better, I can't justify the cost. Sails are attainable and I've seen them looking :emoji_fire: on feet a few times recently. 5s (and 4s, and 3s, and 1s... basically every jordan) fit me a little narrow in the toe box, but I've heard the OW versions are less padded and might feel a bit better. Curious if anyone could chime in on that

anyone got a site that sells the rope overlaces for the dunks. Im looking for something almsot the same to do a lace swap once in awhile.

So a couple days back I got an email from Nike saying my REFUND for Lot 14 was processed, i checked the CC info and it returned to a CC ending in 0000.

i figured that was some type of glitch but sure enough today I got a notification from my apple cc that my refund was infact, finalized.

idk how but I guess I got a pair of free OW…. Oh well.

IMG_2754.PNG

So a couple days back I got an email from Nike saying my REFUND for Lot 14 was processed, i checked the CC info and it returned to a CC ending in 0000.

i figured that was some type of glitch but sure enough today I got a notification from my apple cc that my refund was infact, finalized.

idk how but I guess I got a pair of free OW…. Oh well.
You successfully finessed Nike

I'm late to the Off White game but I just recently ordered one of the few Off Whites that I actually liked. Have the all black Prestos coming in from Flight Club. Cost me a pretty penny but been working a s*** ton and figured I'd treat myself. Can't wait to finally have em in hand.

Looks good to me but wanted to get a second opinion on if it's legit and if some of the flaws are "normal" like the texts of the medial side ("c. 1997") fading a bit from possibly wear???... Cheesed the seller only sent one of the extra laces :angry:

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Last edited:
Lol man Nike is wild disrespectful with the QC checks on these. Toebox looks like a crumbled coffee cake. Brand mew out the box. Basssssura
9D5A35BB-A75F-40B4-89CA-F95876BD6616.jpeg
EF6DB2A9-9BB0-4253-AA5B-9F8CC1DFBAD0.jpeg

Lol man Nike is wild disrespectful with the QC checks on these. Toebox looks like a crumbled coffee cake. Brand mew out the box. Basssssura
9D5A35BB-A75F-40B4-89CA-F95876BD6616.jpeg
EF6DB2A9-9BB0-4253-AA5B-9F8CC1DFBAD0.jpeg

That's more of a Nike being cheap issue than a QC issue. The toe vamp is much smaller now so it ends in the middle of the mudguard/toetip. And because the leather they used on these OW50s are much nicer/softer than the usual leather they use on the lifestyle Dunks, it'll be prone to crumpling up like that. So it's a compromise you'd have to take - harder leather on the mudguard so you won't be prone to that issue, or softer leather on the mudguard so you're prone to that issue.

The toe vamps used to extend all the way down to the soles and the mudguard was just an additional layer added on top. So the red is the size of the toe vamps now, whereas the green is where it used to extend to ages ago:

123123.jpg

That's more of a Nike being cheap issue than a QC issue. The toe vamp is much smaller now so it ends in the middle of the mudguard/toetip. And because the leather they used on these OW50s are much nicer/softer than the usual leather they use on the lifestyle Dunks, it'll be prone to crumpling up like that. So it's a compromise you'd have to take - harder leather on the mudguard so you won't be prone to that issue, or softer leather on the mudguard so you're prone to that issue.

The toe vamps used to extend all the way down to the soles and the mudguard was just an additional layer added on top. So the red is the size of the toe vamps now, whereas the green is where it used to extend to ages ago:

123123.jpg

well **** sir thank you for this explanation. I was comparing them to some older dunks and realized that the toe box was not the same.

I know these aren’t for everyone but as someone who has had every pair of Virgil’s Nike collaborations (up until the dunk run - which just didn’t do it for me), I think these are outstanding and deserve consideration as one of the better executions of a modern Nike silhouette. Definitely the most technical model and most comfortable by a long shot. If you’re worried about the spikes - they come off with a few wears (or you can just bust out the nail clippers).
2876BA1E-CC0D-4CC7-A57C-52ECC76A85DF.jpeg
6C1FE992-73C0-4AD0-A0E9-936B0B78B600.jpeg
16035BCC-21EE-4AE9-8F41-3E9E127D93DC.jpeg
B4C6E3A5-D108-49EC-B7FD-354DBFA8803B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom