Nike x Sacai Collaboration Thread -SACAI X NIKE MAGMASCAPE PACK

The color on those "navy blue"/red ones says Midnight Spruce so I'm sure they'll look more like a dark teal in real life.
Maroon pair have my heart!

lmao, literally 5 shoes in one at that point.

nike does seem to be rinsing this model, putting out like 15 versions each limited to ~100k pairs.

I feel like people would have been waaaaay happier if they would have done 500k runs of the first couple of (extremely dope) colorways, and they still would have been sought after. but nike gonna nike and that's why I spend more time in the NB thread these days ✌

Edison Chen talked about this about satisfying consumer demand and always falling short or just enough to create lingering demand. If they did 500k for the first couple of “dope” colorways, I don’t know if it would have gotten to this point. Nike could have effectively killed the demand on the shoes by doing that. It’s always a balancing act of keeping just enough consumers happy, while creating hype and demand for it, so they can continue to milk these releases.

And liking NB quite a bit. Bought 990, 327, KITH RC 1300...., and want the Gray 574 Yurt.

KITH RC 1300
I've had my eye on that model for a couple weeks! I think both the Elephant and Antler colorways are beautiful. Are they MIUSA? Do you find they fit wide/narrow at all, and TTS or half size down?

And to keep it on topic yeah of course there's a balance with hype, and based on that press release or leaked document or whatever from the other week Nike at least seems to realize they've been alienating people by pushing scarcity too hard.

I've had my eye on that model for a couple weeks! I think both the Elephant and Antler colorways are beautiful. Are they MIUSA? Do you find they fit wide/narrow at all, and TTS or half size down?

And to keep it on topic yeah of course there's a balance with hype, and based on that press release or leaked document or whatever from the other week Nike at least seems to realize they've been alienating people by pushing scarcity too hard.

I'm a true 10.5. I could easily go down .5 in New Balance. But since the shoes are chunky and comfortable, I don't mind the extra toe box room. The only issue is paint chipping on the midsole after a handful of wears. Other than that, it's great. And it feels like another PR stunt by Nike. It's been like this for a while and they didn't do anything about it. You know Nike is looking at SNKRS trending on Twitter on every big release on Sadderdays, whether it's good or bad. Well, it's almost always bad. They said they were going to do something about SNKRS and EA with the 50 Off-White dunks. It would go to the most deserving and dedicated that liked, shared, watched the videos......The SNKRS app would use 50+ variables to determine it, which they never revealed. Surely if that was true they would have divulged the information. Then people started to find out and post, who had extra SNKRS accounts with virtually no activity still getting EA, which seemed to be quite frequent. So Nike was forced to say something about it. And they flip flopped on EA that the activities don't matter.

I'm a true 10.5. I could easily go down .5 in New Balance. But since the shoes are chunky and comfortable, I don't mind the extra toe box room. The only issue is paint chipping on the midsole after a handful of wears. Other than that, it's great. And it feels like another PR stunt by Nike. It's been like this for a while and they didn't do anything about it. You know Nike is looking at SNKRS trending on Twitter on every big release on Sadderdays, whether it's good or bad. Well, it's almost always bad. They said they were going to do something about SNKRS and EA with the 50 Off-White dunks. It would go to the most deserving and dedicated that liked, shared, watched the videos......The SNKRS app would use 50+ variables to determine it, which they never revealed. Surely if that was true they would have divulged the information. Then people started to find out and post, who had extra SNKRS accounts with virtually no activity still getting EA, which seemed to be quite frequent. So Nike was forced to say something about it. And they flip flopped on EA that the activities don't matter.
Yeah, merely anecdotal, but it was literally the OW presto that got me started collecting sneakers. I went for every OW that ever released, raffles both in-store and online sometimes totaling 50+ entries... and never hit on a single one. No EA either. Oh, I was allowed to try FCFS on Naked for the Terra Kigers–wound up copping a women's 5 and offing it for retail.

I know I'm not the only one, and I've been lucky on other releases so what are ya gonna do. At the end of the day though, Nike and the hype model have been pushing me out of the hobby and as I get older I'm finding more practical ways to enjoy shoes. I still like AJ1s, but could give two ****s about most of the trash they've been putting out lately. If it's not a clean and simple retro+ or an OG colorway, **** it. I say let the resellers try to bot each other out of their $20 profit.

Oh, and thanks for the sizing advice!

Got a pair of the 1st Clot joints on Grailed for $176 and the seller immediately cancelled and refunded me smh. I was hype for a second lol

99E26C5E-3A84-4673-9DFD-EFB21191178F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom