Nike x Tom Sachs Collab

Is it possible to get an update/review from some of you guys that was able to buy one and actually had a chance to wear them a couple of times? Very close to pulling the trigger on them but want to know how comfortable they are besides the aesthetic of it. Thanks in advance.

I've worn mine about 4 times now all day

They are not the most comfortable shoe. I mean the sole is from a combat boot

Now with that said...they aren't uncomfortable either and my feet don't seem to be killing me when I remove them at the end of the day so ‍♂️

Would I pay resell? If you are wearing everyday or attempting too like me then yes! (Even though I wouldn't pay the resell prices :lol: )

There are more comfortable shoes on the market. Not quite sure what you're looking for

IMG_5293.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5372.JPG
    IMG_5372.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
My quick review echoes his about comfort (I would grab for other shoes if going strictly for comfort, but this one is still great for all day wear and doesn't leave any discomfort for me at the end of the day). I've worn a few times all day and once for a casual bike ride. Plan to do some casual hiking in them later this month. I tied off/cut the laces and burned them so I don't have to lace them and can just slip them on/off. I also tuck the long red pull tab on the tongue. The right one will stay tucked, but the left not as much. I'm a true 9.5 and the length works for me in that size, but the shoe does feel big all around. Not sure what a 9 would be like, but I'm glad I didnt risk it. The materials on the shoe really make it worth the effort and expense to me.

I've worn mine about 4 times now all day

They are not the most comfortable shoe. I mean the sole is from a combat boot

Now with that said...they aren't uncomfortable either and my feet don't seem to be killing me when I remove them at the end of the day so ‍♂️

Would I pay resell? If you are wearing everyday or attempting too like me then yes! (Even though I wouldn't pay the resell prices :lol: )

There are more comfortable shoes on the market. Not quite sure what you're looking for

IMG_5293.JPG

If you had to compare the comfort of the Mars yard to another nike model, which one comes closest? I just recently sold most of my shoes and got a couple more to sell, maybe keep 5-7 on rotation so this will get worn pretty often.

Yea there are more comfortable shoes out there but this was one of those releases that I really wanted.

Thanks for responding.

My quick review echoes his about comfort (I would grab for other shoes if going strictly for comfort, but this one is still great for all day wear and doesn't leave any discomfort for me at the end of the day). I've worn a few times all day and once for a casual bike ride. Plan to do some casual hiking in them later this month. I tied off/cut the laces and burned them so I don't have to lace them and can just slip them on/off. I also tuck the long red pull tab on the tongue. The right one will stay tucked, but the left not as much. I'm a true 9.5 and the length works for me in that size, but the shoe does feel big all around. Not sure what a 9 would be like, but I'm glad I didnt risk it. The materials on the shoe really make it worth the effort and expense to me.

Another NT mentioned that the mesh doesn't seem like it would last long, what's your input on that? The midsole and the suede looks good tho.

I'm a true US9.5 as well but my feet are somewhat narrow/med. I think I'll stick to a 9.5 eventho I read it's somewhat loose in width.

Thanks again for responding. Im sure I'll pick one up from Goat or Stockx, but just wanted more input on it because resale isn't cheap (been a while since I paid resale) and YouTube doesnt have any decent reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sole on these makes them a different feel to walk in but not in a bad way. I wear a ton of flyknits, janoskis, and prestos. No real close comparisons in those, maybe a free model or that chukka flyknit boot they did for the Winter Olympics?

As for the mesh, only time and conditions will tell. Seems reinforced underneath, so I'm not worried about it.

If you had to compare the comfort of the Mars yard to another nike model, which one comes closest? I just recently sold most of my shoes and got a couple more to sell, maybe keep 5-7 on rotation so this will get worn pretty often.

Yea there are more comfortable shoes out there but this was one of those releases that I really wanted.

Thanks for responding.

Another NT mentioned that the mesh doesn't seem like it would last long, what's your input on that? The midsole and the suede looks good tho.

I'm a true US9.5 as well but my feet are somewhat narrow/med. I think I'll stick to a 9.5 eventho I read it's somewhat loose in width.

Thanks again for responding. Im sure I'll pick one up from Goat or Stockx, but just wanted more input on it because resale isn't cheap (been a while since I paid resale) and YouTube doesnt have any decent reviews.

I mean tom said the mesh is suppose to last

It doesn't seem like it won't? I guess if you took a knife to them and intentionally tried to cut them then maybe it wouldn't

But regular wear I don't think anything odd should happen

Tom made these to last unlike the 1.0 material

A shoe to compare to.....mmm idk maybe the presto just more firm?

Maybe a jordan 1?

Just think of a shoe without any cushion really. Without zoom/lunar/boost

It's very firm. Like I said not uncomfortable but nothing I would brag about

It's right in the middle

You can definitely wear everyday and be okay

Finally my pairs have came in! These shoes are really dope. I dig them a lot. Now to see which one out of the two fits better.....

PS did anyone else's pair come with laces with burned tips ??? lol

Yeah, mine came with the burned tips. Really nice touch!

Back
Top Bottom