Nike Zoom Freak 2

These are 🔥
118732368_764115430817168_3513051913498680680_n.jpg

Anybody feel like the traction pattern had to do with Giannis' injury the other day? It really was just that the shoe grabbed the court well, but I can't help but feel like the absence of midfoot tread and the basic lack of real traction on the heel is a factor. I never liked the traction on these things though, so I realize I'm biased. Just haven't seen someone roll their own ankle in that way in a while. Watch the video at 32 seconds in, on .25 speed (hit the gear bottom right corner and you can have it play at 1/4 speed).

His heel hits first but it doesn't seem to grip well, and that seems to leave the forefoot traction to do all the work.

Like I said, I admit I'm biased here, because I hated the traction on this shoe from the moment they unveiled it.

Same ankle. So unfortunate but it’s a weakened ankle and the risk of rolling it again is greater. He’s been wearing these since the start of the bubble really so I don’t think it’s the sneakers.

JS”

What if it's been the same pair 👀

I know that's typically unheard of, but this is a unique situation. Regardless, I really hope he is okay for game 5 or 6. The motions he was making in the 'hallway' were a little troubling.

looks like a bad shoe design imo. should have swapped shoes. before, he wasn't having all these issues. suddenly, he is as brittle as Greg Oden.

I'm guessing Giannis didn't bring along a plethora of shoes to the bubble...are players even allowed new deliveries? I'm guessing no, so Giannis has probably been cycling through the same 3-4 pairs that he had at the press conference when they first released. My guess is those cements he's been wearing are the same ones every game...just a guess tho
freak-gallery-3_0.jpg

I'm guessing Giannis didn't bring along a plethora of shoes to the bubble...are players even allowed new deliveries? I'm guessing no, so Giannis has probably been cycling through the same 3-4 pairs that he had at the press conference when they first released. My guess is those cements he's been wearing are the same ones every game...just a guess tho
freak-gallery-3_0.jpg

They can get deliveries

Today's injury was someone else's foot hitting his ankle as he was trying to land.

The previous injury made me speculate because nobody touched him, he just tried to step and the shoe didn't seem to perform. Same thing that happened to Luka in the Jordan Diamond. Some shoes just don't work for some people. And like I said, the traction on these (heel especially) seemed suspect from jump. Who knows if it was the shoe. I really just hope the dude is going to be okay for game 5.

Maybe it was just a .... freak accident

Seems like 99% of the time Giannis only wore the white cements. With the bucks season over looks like that’ll be the peak of this shoe

Back
Top Bottom