Nike Zoom Kobe 1 Protro February 17th 2018

Nike needs to get their heads out of their butts and start releasing some of Kobe’s PE’s...

If they dropped these two pairs they could have all my money...

4C034D04-B6EF-4EE7-ADC8-A3F0483F8DE5.jpeg

2DE9A31C-082B-4A5A-8F84-C6FC4ABAFB51.jpeg

5DF4CBD7-3F25-4C14-904B-2AC8CF4DD06E.jpeg

NoiseCancellingPack_HO18_XCAT_NA_NCXL_Kobe_7x5_hd_1600.jpg

ovember 14, 2018 - To celebrate the opening of Nike’s newest flagship store in New York City, a collection of five iconic silhouettes will be available at Nike NYC in limited quantities beginning November 15. All highlight moments in sport that brought the city to awed silence.

Each shoe is crafted with white-on-white, high quality, bonded synthetic leather along with removable Nike Swooshes to allow for more flexibility in customization. In Nike NYC, shoppers will have access to footwear dip-dyeing, printing, embroidery, patches, lasering and a full accessory bar (You can also buy the shoe as-is at the store).

Bryant’s 61-point performance in 2009 reminded the world that once the bright lights of NYC turn on, so do the world’s greatest athletes. The Nike Noise Cancelling Pack Kobe Protro 1 will be available at Nike NYC January 11 through January 24.

NoiseCancellingPack_HO18_XCAT_NA_NCXL_Kobe_7x5_hd_1600.jpg

ovember 14, 2018 - To celebrate the opening of Nike’s newest flagship store in New York City, a collection of five iconic silhouettes will be available at Nike NYC in limited quantities beginning November 15. All highlight moments in sport that brought the city to awed silence.

Each shoe is crafted with white-on-white, high quality, bonded synthetic leather along with removable Nike Swooshes to allow for more flexibility in customization. In Nike NYC, shoppers will have access to footwear dip-dyeing, printing, embroidery, patches, lasering and a full accessory bar (You can also buy the shoe as-is at the store).

Bryant’s 61-point performance in 2009 reminded the world that once the bright lights of NYC turn on, so do the world’s greatest athletes. The Nike Noise Cancelling Pack Kobe Protro 1 will be available at Nike NYC January 11 through January 24.

Good to see NYC finally getting some exclusives.

Oh look, another Off White-esque special-edition. And this shoe "highlights a moment in sport that brought the city to awed silence"? That's interesting … I was at that game in the Garden and I distinctly remember looking at Kobe's Zoom Kobe 4s all night as he torched the Knicks. But good ol’ Nike, never letting historical facts stand in the way of a good BS backstory for some shoe it’s trying to create hype for. Never change, Beaverton.

Oh look, another Off White-esque special-edition. And this shoe "highlights a moment in sport that brought the city to awed silence"? That's interesting … I was at that game in the Garden and I distinctly remember looking at Kobe's Zoom Kobe 4s all night as he torched the Knicks. But good ol’ Nike, never letting historical facts stand in the way of a good BS backstory for some shoe it’s trying to create hype for. Never change, Beaverton.

It makes me think more of that terrible custom Kyrie 4 promo at DSG stores than a hyped OffWhite offering. Nike probably wants us to think their flagship store is some sort of shoe customizing lab but they’re really just letting you pick which vat of dye you want your shoes thrown in. I’m not too sad about missing out on an all white colorway.

The story is stupid though

I mean yeahhhh Protro IV's, February 2019

but these "Noise Cancelling" 1s to represent 61/MSG? Blasphemy

It's just plain dopey. I know all of this is marketing in the first place; I'm 40-something now and I still blow a couple thousand dollars on sneakers a year just to keep the old feeling alive. If Jordans and Kobes existed but they weren't tied to those dudes, I'm not going to lie and say I'd be as interested in them even though they'd look exactly the same. I think that goes for almost all of us. But when they start taking the marketing BS to this level and trying to tie things to events which they had nothing to do with, it feels like an insult to my intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom