Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
Leonard is a more efficient offensive player than Kobe, and is in a completely different league defensively (don't give me the all-defensive teams Kobe made, many of them were 'media respect awards' even when his defensive effectiveness told a different tale). Both their conventional and advanced stats in the Finals and Playoffs corroborate my claim.

Being a high-usage volume scorer with only a slightly above average 3-point shot and who takes far too many risks defensively wouldn't be the bill for an elite player in the post-modern NBA. Kobe's playing style was forgiven by the isolation-dominated 2000s, but that type of game today would be a losing formula.

Just curious, how old are you?

Yes, partially because he played an antiquated style of basketball that wouldn't be effective in today's NBA.
giphy.gif

Old enough to have seen both of them play, but young enough to still be willing to form new opinions as new evidence is presented and not be an oldhead stuck in the past like you.

How am I stuck in the past? You're the one over here calling Kobe's style of play "antiquated" by today's NBA standards as if Kawhi isn't playing a similar game. Kawhi asked and has trained with Kobe for god's sake.
And what new evidence are you talking about? And what advanced stats are you referring to? Please enlighten me, because it seems like you're just throwing these terms out there to legitimize whatever your claim is.
Because I'm looking at their regular season and playoff comparisons, and it's not that different.... https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kobe_bryant_vs_kawhi_leonard.htm

Old enough to have seen both of them play, but young enough to still be willing to form new opinions as new evidence is presented and not be an oldhead stuck in the past like you.

"antiquated" style? :rofl:
0c696a7399860d0726f10e2bf6cd2ea1.jpg

A perfect offensive player who played elite defense, passed brilliantly out the double, proven in the clutch and lead his team to 5x championships is "ANTIQUATED"????

I would argue and say that "style" is timeless :lol:

When anyone make a statement like "antiquated style" referring to how someone plays basketball.....lol u should already know right there.....
8z4r4h.jpg

Same difference. Point being Mike was too and it didn't hurt his legacy.
It isn’t the same. If it were, Jordan and Kobe Bryant would be spoken of in the same breath in regard to brand recognition, to which they are not.

Well it's the same in that they were both great players who were also incredible egotists (which pretty much all great players are btw). So I'm not sure I'm with your original point that that's why Kobe isn't remembered fondly.

Also not sure I'm with the original original point that he's not remembered fondly in general. He's got his stans and his haters like all the greats do. And every new great guard that comes along be it Lebron, Kawhi or whoever will be compared to him and argued about, it's just the way it is.

But again I don't agree with you that him being a **** factors in very much.

Well it's the same in that they were both great players who were also incredible egotists (which pretty much all great players are btw). So I'm not sure I'm with your original point that that's why Kobe isn't remembered fondly.

Also not sure I'm with the original original point that he's not remembered fondly in general. He's got his stans and his haters like all the greats do. And every new great guard that comes along be it Lebron, Kawhi or whoever will be compared to him and argued about, it's just the way it is.

But again I don't agree with you that him being a **** factors in very much.
The cash registers agree with me, and popularity of product associated with Jordan versus Kobe backs up my point. Endorsers are not going to get behind an athlete who does not have a marketable, likable, public persona. Kobe ain't it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can’t stand these comparison conversations! They were both great players and I appreciate both of them. Jordan couldn’t figure out if he wanted to play baseball or basketball, at one point in career :lol:

Jordan retired again and most of us started cheering for Kobe bc they were so alike!

But let’s be real, they were both complete a**holes of the court! Have heard countless stories about both of them!

MJ ever sue his Mom? I know that this is niketalk, where the hatred of women reigns supreme, but there are some things that you just do not do. However, I am certain that more excuses and whataboutism’s will surface.

The cash registers agree with me, and popularity of product associated with Jordan versus Kobe backs up my point. Endorsers are not going to get behind an athlete who does not have a marketable, likable, public persona. Kobe ain't it.
Again they're both jerks the difference in sales is because mj was the better more dominate and iconic player. The same way Kobe outsells lesser players even if they are total saints. Jesus bro just take your L and move on! :lol:

giphy (3).gif

Last edited:
MJ ever sue his Mom? I know that this is niketalk, where the hatred of women reigns supreme, but there are some things that you just do not do. However, I am certain that more excuses and whataboutism’s will surface.
Hey if mom steals from you I've got no problem with that! :lol: Its not against the law to sue a family member if they step out of line. You act like Kobe is OJ or something. Just another hater, have fun with that.

Back
Top Bottom