Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
Honestly think the reason Nike stayed with the 4s and not Protro another Kobe is because they’re worried that it would flood the NBA again. Imagine Nike Protroing the 8s, they would rule the NBA.

3 of the top 5 most worn shoes when Nike was regularly releasing Kobe’s were Kobe’s. GT Cut 1s were part of the top 5 but we all know they’re just Kobe knockoffs.

Honestly think the reason Nike stayed with the 4s and not Protro another Kobe is because they’re worried that it would flood the NBA again. Imagine Nike Protroing the 8s, they would rule the NBA.

3 of the top 5 most worn shoes when Nike was regularly releasing Kobe’s were Kobe’s. GT Cut 1s were part of the top 5 but we all know they’re just Kobe knockoffs.
I respectfully disagree with this take. I think they stayed with the 4s for the Gigi release since they have the Protro 4 last mould tested and ready for production to meet their (supposed) May 2023 release date. Gigi also wore a lot of Protro 4s but that's a bit of a stretch.
Kobe's flood the NBA regardless of the model number. I do agree that having the old retro designs out-sell and get more coverage than the current designs is a bad look long-term for Nike, lest they become the next Reebok whose basketball division is only surviving on Question and Shaqnosis retros.

Was thinking about this the other day with the Ja situation… who exactly is going to carry Nike basketball in the future? Not counting JB athletes… there’s Ja, Booker, and I guess Giannis but I don’t think he has that appeal.

So I think they’ll lean more into the retro game with Kobe… and heavily into current/retro releases with LBJ, and KD.

These look good to Yal? Not the most desirable color way for myself but wouldn’t mind beating up on the court
868B0973-9F74-4456-A213-C37B3066727A.jpeg
046BAB79-E2AB-49E8-B07D-70C4F3A3BD73.jpeg
9E27831E-13B4-42C6-8CE3-D104187E9D9F.jpeg
40D1CE96-F54C-4A99-9ACE-A6142AD613A1.jpeg
4F8CECD9-1D3B-40E5-81CA-BF2D8628B997.jpeg

Box is better than the kicks. They struck lightning with the Mambacita 6s being a perfect color way (to me). These just seem more of a punt and not much thought put into it.

Now with that being said I'll of course be going for them.

They probably look better with the white or black/white laces…I’m going for em, want be mad if I miss

Back
Top Bottom