Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Wouldn’t count on the two week thing...My last order was a little over a month, and that was before Kobe passing...

I’m not expecting my new order anytime soon...To be honest I’m fine with waiting it out but I just hope that it doesn’t eventually get canceled down the road...

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, same thoughts. As long as I don’t receive charges before the cancellation email then I’m set.

Wouldn’t count on the two week thing...My last order was a little over a month, and that was before Kobe passing...

I’m not expecting my new order anytime soon...To be honest I’m fine with waiting it out but I just hope that it doesn’t eventually get canceled down the road...
from what I read before was that they wait until there is a certain amount of orders placed before making a batch and shipping them out. I’m guessing it might actually be faster than before since they’re probably receiving way more orders now.

Why does it say only the lower 48 states when I look at the help section of the mamba academy eastbay site? I know the normal eastbay site ships to Canada

oh then maybe there’s a few things they don’t ship to Canada.

anybody know the type of fit on the hoodie? dri-fit/fitted or regular?
I ordered a hoodie on January 10th, arrived Tuesday January 28th. Regular fit on a large. Looks like they restocked on a lot of items, and sizes. and looks like they’re donating some proceeds of the sales.

I ordered 5 or 6 items on Sunday 1/26, they just shipped the first item. Eager to get the rest and proudly represent

Some old pictures I found from the OG V Era.

19739_250301186308_5941596308_34154.jpg

19739_250301191308_5941596308_34154.jpg

19739_250301206308_5941596308_34154.jpg

My guess on the direction of the Kobe line moving forward (strictly speculation on my part, as I'm just some guy on the internet with zero insider info): as long as his family allows it and Nike plays their cards right, we could be seeing Protros (retros) thrive in the same vein as the JB retro line.

A whole generation grew up watching Kobe, but not Mike. And now with his death, even causal fans are on board. Of course the old heads will complain these aren't "true" fans (similar to ire directed at the "kids" who never even watched MJ in his prime but still eat up every OG Jordan release), but ultimately it's because of these masses that gives Nike the incentive to push forward from a $ perspective. As they say: "A rising tide lifts all boats."

Might sound far-fetched now, but if you look at the core sought-after models:
Js: 1 to 13 (14 is debatable)
Kobe: 1 to 11...but with a much wider selection of CWs each

Now it might come off as insensitive this early, but I wanted just give a little perspective. Myself, after the Chaos Protro I was hoping for the Bruce Lee's to drop, and maybe re-upping on DKs as well (still no interest in dem two-faces tho). Wasn't paying re-sell for OG BLs before, sure as hell ain't paying re-sell now! Basically if you're holding out hope for a Protro of whavever Kobe shoe: just wait. Might be a few years until you see your favorite model/cw, might not even happen at all. But just like with Js, a little patience can go a long way.

Peace.

It sucks now that the market is the way it is. I usually look for a pair to pickup on my payday but its basically SOL

yeah I refuse to pay the marked up prices of the chaos protro. I had a wedding to attend in Hawaii when the chaos protro release, by the time I came back from that wedding, I couldn't get them anymore. It'll just have to do with the OG chaos I have and leave it as my only pair. I have a bunch of kobes to wear tho so I won't be paying resale for any kobes. Will just try for retail drops in the future.

They'll definitely continue the 5 protro line at least because theres already plans for a couple of pairs. But how they release them will probably be different going forward.

Nike was also planning on releasing a few more colorways of the 5 to our knowledge. Those pairs are likely already made, there's typically a decent gap between when production starts and the shoes are released. Wondering if Nike will sit on what they've got for Mamba day, give the family time to grieve and work with them to see how they want to proceed.

Nike likes money. We still want the shoes. They'll release.

The Protro 4s dropped during ASG and the next colorway didn't drop for like two months.

For my NY guys, before this unfortunate tragedy the chaos and other Kobe's were sitting at footlocker in roosevelt field, not a kobe in sight now, and not because people wanna pay homage but for resell, no shame man smh, regret not pulling the trigger on the kobe 1's

you should of waited until at least all star weekend...

Even if they rerel
For my NY guys, before this unfortunate tragedy the chaos and other Kobe's were sitting at footlocker in roosevelt field, not a kobe in sight now, and not because people wanna pay homage but for resell, no shame man smh, regret not pulling the trigger on the kobe 1's
Man, I knew they'd have them but I've been out of town. Figured I'd just be able to get them later. Of course I never expected this. I still have an OG pair that's DS but damn did I really want a pair of protros to play in.

This is just a gut feeling, but I feel like there's a chance that Nike drops the Big Stage/Parades tonight with all the proceeds going to Kobe's charities. Like I said, just a gut feeling.

Back
Top Bottom