Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I made two MC 10s. One in good shape still, one DS. I made one Grinch, which is still DS. I have never seen one person wearing either the MC or Grinch 10s.
I made three MC 11s. One worn a fair amount but still looks great. Other two still DS. Likewise, I’ve never seen another person wearing an MC 11 id.
Glad I never sold any of them. Now X1000. And I will not sell them.

I have an mc 11 as well. Stupid move on my part when the mc 9 id came out, I did not pull the trigger. I made 4 designs, and I loved them all. I just told myself I will wait until the monday to make such big purchases. After 3 days, mc 9 sold out. Kinda pissed me off since I thought the point of the ID is that i never sells out because its at a per request basis.

What I wish I bought were the joker mc 10. I already had the mc 10 and grinch 10 made, so I hesistated in dropping more $$ in aftter forkking $$ on the 2 the most expensive retail bball shoes I have ever bought.

All this re-sale hype makes me sick. I put these into retirement a couple of years back after they started to show the signs of game age but in protest to all the people trying to make a quick buck off Kobe’s passing they are going to get a restoration today and be my game shoe for the rest of the season.
Respect. I wore mine yesterday to the Mavs game and wearing them today to a bowl party.
02368773-ABCD-4D36-9C8B-FCC115CDE96E.jpeg

Nike needs to go ahead and release shirts and jerseys bc so many people are getting ripped off right now!

Whats worse is that local malls and pop-up stands making tons of money off these fake memorial tribute shirts. I mean I get the gesture of people buying them to pay tribute or they can't get any real/licensed kobe merch because of the no soul resellers. But the mall shirt makers stands charging $40 for maybe $3 worth of the entire shirt

I think they also made the LOVE/HATE shirt along with those 3-4 ceremonial tees from Nike. It was made for his final game so it was definitely at least 4 years ago.

one of my favorite shirts that I own and always wear was the #countonkobe tee. This shirt was from when the 8’s release, I bought it along with the sulfur 8’s and a matching arm sleeve. Kobe was playing amazing in the 8’s before the unfortunate Achilles also in the 8’s (elites)

A6AECA8C-0F22-47CE-9B93-C45BA3E5B05C.jpeg
Shirt is much more faded now from years of wear and wash

I'm like 99% sure I still have this shirt in it's original bag back at my parent house.

Loved that entire ad campaign.

I wish I had pulled the trigger on the 10 Grinch ID's but yeah they were expensive af. I got the MC 9's and the Mambacolor 10's, so I'm definitely happy with those but do regret not getting a pair of Grinch.

I'm willing to bet that Nike pulled the stock from all the footstores so Nike can be the only ones to sell them now. Nike probably gonna make a Draw release. I can't imagine them scrapping the release altogether since shoes are already produced and NBA players are wearing them left and right. Not to mention, its not like the shoe is offensive, its literally championing his championship.

I think this move might be more contract related than anything.
I really don't think so. I really think it has to do with them releasing them properly and respectfully. I keep saying that at least a portion of the proceeds from any Kobe's sold going forward will have to go to his foundations. If not they would just get raked through the coals for capitalizing off of his death.

It would be really a good look if Nike donated 100% of the proceeds to the families from this championship potential release
Then every release donate 10% of all proceeds forever

It would be really a good look if Nike donated 100% of the proceeds to the families from this championship potential release
I agree and I think they'll probably go a similar route to that.

will prob be more

nobody knows when kobes contract was up?

Nike pulled the stock to regroup. It doesn't remotely need the revenue from however many Kobes it might have sold in the short term. The potential PR hit from continuing to sell them and resellers gouging people isn't even close to worth the headlines in today's landscape. Kobe revenue is a tenth of a drop of water in Nike's bank account, if that.
You can bet they will be back, and likely with charitable contributions from sales, as several of you guys have said. But it's going to be a minute while Nike and the family determine the next steps.

I respect them taking time and I'm all for regrouping and making sure they go about it the right way. I just hope that when they do release, it'll be relatively smooth for the genuine sneakerheads and fans to get them. All I ask. I was one of the few actually looking inward to the 1/2 big stage(mostly because I never owned the OG)

i agree with the previous comment that this is a contractual issue. Its unprecedented territory for them to release a shoe for someone who has passed away. Are they allowed to, are they not. Do they need to wait until his estate is settled/setup. Who knows. Im purely speculating. There is precedence to sell jerseys of players who have passed, but other than that, i cant think of anything for shoes.

Back
Top Bottom