Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

How was the stock? Hassle free? Might hit MCM in a bit
I originally went to the one in the Galleria but they didn’t have a 13 but did have a 12 and 14. They stock located my size. Shot over to memorial city. Not sure about the stock but it seems like they got pairs left. A guy was getting a sz 11 when I was there.

Nike cancelled my Jordan 11 after I “got em.” Anything can happen. It still hurts.

Who gonna play in these today? Curious to know how traction is like since I heard the OGs had subpar traction. I read they widened the traction pattern for the Protros. Can anybody with both pairs in hand confirm?

Curious to know about this as well.

Based on the specs and pics, it seems like they maybe just flattened the raised pattern a little, which if I remember from playing in the original V, you needed to break down the top layer a bit to get decent bite

Last edited:
Who gonna play in these today? Curious to know how traction is like since I heard the OGs had subpar traction. I read they widened the traction pattern for the Protros. Can anybody with both pairs in hand confirm?

I don't have the OG Chaos but I have two other pairs of Vs and the Protros look like they have a lot more grooves or whatever you'd call them

29D5C0CF-A177-43AB-9DB9-AF8B8109CE89.jpeg
CE5A9B38-8A8E-41EB-85D7-A7BB9D96C9EB.jpeg
B880DE38-B306-4515-A9AB-C8BFE9E9A74B.jpeg

If Nike put them up on Nikeid today I would've made 2 pairs (more later). Only played with the options back then since I didn't want to pay extra (gave in on the VIIs lol and never looked back)

I woke up right before 7am. I was able to get a size 10 from FTL online. I was unable to get any from SNKRS.

I then visited a Nike store and Nike did not get any pairs.
I then visited a FTL HOH. They seemed to have a lot of sizes. I grabbed a 9.5 and 10.

As far as sizing, the 9.5 fit better length size but the 10 felt much roomier and comfortable width wise. This is strange because I remember wearing size 10 in the OG Kobe V, VI and VIII. I think I'm going to play hoops in the 9.5 and hope the width will not be an issue. I had the same issue with the Kobe 4 protro. I could not find the perfect fit with the protro 4.

As far as other shoes I've worn for sizing reference:
Kobe 4 protro Draft Day, 9.5
Adidas Boost 3.0, size 9.5.
Kobe OG V, VI, VIII, IX, size 10.

SM and Grove told me two days ago they weren’t getting them. Said SNKRS only. Just FYI.
I think they gave you the run around or the employee didn’t know because on the app it lets me reserve them to pickup.

i’ll wait until sunday

I got to try them on in store this morning. I could feel the zoom turbo out of the box. It feels a little better than the kyrie 5 imo.

I heard the same thing. SNKRs only from SM and the grove. Who knows though they may end up getting them. That happened with the royal 12s

One thing I hated about living at home on Oahu... everything was late back in the day lol
Yea, but on the bright side, if I hit on snkrs, I don't need to bother with ftl. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Just bummed since I'll be back to work next week and won't be able to go first thing in the morning.

I've seen ftl here in Hawaii get shipments on time maybe like three times in all my times trying lol

Just left my local HoH... they had sizes 11 & 13, but of course not the 12 that I needed. Just got rid of a pair of 5’s early last year so I wasn’t exactly tripping off this release... good to see those who really wanted them able to cop though

I had trouble fitting the protro 4 too but I also had trouble fitting the OGs tho. The toebox shape is weird. These are narrower than the 4s but have a rounded out toebox which feels nicer. I went .5 up.

Salute to agrizzly21 agrizzly21 for trying to help me out

I passed cause i thought i had a pair coming but it ended up not working out lmao

Hopefully i can still snag em somehow

Should have 3 pair coming, but could end up with none! I got nervous after seeing the limited FTL locations and picked up a pair on SX last night for about $15 over retail... hopefully they actually ship. Was only able to get a 12.5 on SNKRS but need a 10.5/11!

we’ll see...

I think they gave you the run around or the employee didn’t know because on the app it lets me reserve them to pickup.

i’ll wait until sunday
Oh motherblanker! I see that option on the Nike app now. Those pieces of ...
So both stores lied to me. If the app is for real. That’s ridiculous. Oh well. But SMFH. Guess I should’ve called them again last night. Now I’m even more pissed LOL

Back
Top Bottom