Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

2010 vs 2020
OG: size 8
Protro: size 8.5

The fit of these pairs feel the same to me even though the protros are half size bigger.

225A6A1F-8940-4CBA-8CE6-FC99940827F3.jpeg

7ECF2C0D-1D63-4C55-AE96-D1A35603B586.jpeg
7E74800E-F483-45D8-9298-F6CD5719C46F.jpeg
FCCF729D-7DAD-4A71-9DBC-EB4950B3DEB0.jpeg
FED50FED-64AE-453A-8325-6B4A1028AB33.jpeg
38CDF547-C67C-4055-AB78-1511B2516D6B.jpeg
Do you notice any differences at the flex points of the shoe? Any reinforcement?

:lol:

Do you ever just buy one pair?
:rofl:
Ahahahaha, I do a lot, actually. It’s a handful of models I load up on and they happen to have dropped a lot of them lately. Those also happen to be the ones I tend to enjoy talking most about on here, so it gives a distorted picture of reality. Of the 140-ish pairs of Nikes I own, the ones I have more than one of are:
These Chaos
Concords
Black/red 11
Purple Punch and Resin Huarache runners
Silver AM 97
Chicago Uptempo 95
Navy 11 low
Kobe 11 low multicolor ID
Kobe 10 low multicolor ID
Black/cement 4
White/cement 4
Black toe 13
Kobe 1 Protro Final Seconds
That all totals 34 pairs, so not even 25 percent of my whole closet. But yeah LOL

Last edited:
How does the Zoom Turbo in these feel? If it’s anything like the Zoom Turbo in my running shoes then it should be amazing.

Ebay presale pair be here tuesday, FTL no shipment email yet but from what I've heard I'll probably get a back order email instead and 2ks on their way to StockX so Im looking at early next week for those. I need these to get here cuz I got a custom idea for one of the OG pairs...

How does the Zoom Turbo in these feel? If it’s anything like the Zoom Turbo in my running shoes then it should be amazing.
If your talking about the Pegasus Turbo running shoes these aren’t nothing like it. I guess the running shoes that are turbo use “zoom x” These have basically a regular zoom bag but it is deflated in some areas so when you apply pressure the zoom air shifts to one side so it feels like your closer to the ground. When you jump vertically and land directly on the zoom turbo it feels like a regular zoom unit.

Wore these for a couple of hours today and came home and immediately switch out the insole. Might need to break these in some more but from initial wear they didn’t feel too comfortable

Anyone play in them yet? They similar to kyrie 6 in terms of cushioning? If so then im happy..been enjoying playing in my manila pair last several weeks

This isn’t the same thing as what’s in the Pegasus Turbo, thats Zoom X

Zoom Turbo is the same as the Kyrie 5 and i think the kyrie 6. For me personally i loves it in both the kyries

I thought FTL hadn’t shipped yet cuz of the weekend. Hoping I get an email tomorrow saying they have been shipped to me 🙏🏼

This isn’t the same thing as what’s in the Pegasus Turbo, thats Zoom X

Zoom Turbo is the same as the Kyrie 5 and i think the kyrie 6. For me personally i loves it in both the kyries

Ah damn I got you. I’m wearing those Pegasus right now and that Zoom X is amazing. Honestly the first cushioning I’ve tried that can rival Boost or might actually be better.

still few sizes left at nike at The Grove. call and check for stock before heading there
I stopped tonight on my way home from the Valley and hit Nike Santa Monica just for fun. Only had a 14 left, basically, plus the 9 or 9.5 that was on display. I said nicely to a manager, hey man, what's up with your employees telling me two days before release you weren't getting these? I explained to him how that caused me to buy pairs at FTL instead and not use my gift cards at Nike SM. He was actually rather apologetic and said, usually anymore, SNKRS drops other than GR Jordan retros like the 11s don't come in-store most of the time. Said they didn't have them on their manifest for the week and then they just showed up either Thursday or possibly even Friday morning, said he wasn't sure. It was a nice conversation but I made it known to him it was a pretty lame state of affairs, and he said, frankly, I agree. Nike's really pushing more and more stuff to the apps as it evolves its distribution model, that much is clear.

I stopped tonight on my way home from the Valley and hit Nike Santa Monica just for fun. Only had a 14 left, basically, plus the 9 or 9.5 that was on display. I said nicely to a manager, hey man, what's up with your employees telling me two days before release you weren't getting these? I explained to him how that caused me to buy pairs at FTL instead and not use my gift cards at Nike SM. He was actually rather apologetic and said, usually anymore, SNKRS drops other than GR Jordan retros like the 11s don't come in-store most of the time. Said they didn't have them on their manifest for the week and then they just showed up either Thursday or possibly even Friday morning, said he wasn't sure. It was a nice conversation but I made it known to him it was a pretty lame state of affairs, and he said, frankly, I agree. Nike's really pushing more and more stuff to the apps as it evolves its distribution model, that much is clear.
damn, got a cousin who lives close to SM, but I would hate to make him drive over to ask about the display pair if it's gone already. I wear a 9 tts too. Anybody know if they would even sell the display pair? Ah maybe not, who knows how many people put their feet in there.

damn, got a cousin who lives close to SM, but I would hate to make him drive over to ask about the display pair if it's gone already. I wear a 9 tts too. Anybody know if they would even sell the display pair? Ah maybe not, who knows how many people put their feet in there.
Yes, they can sell the display if it’s the last one. ( or at least should)

Display pairs are usually the last ones to sell because it’s the one people use to ask for other sizes or look at etc etc.

Midas Whale go for it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom