Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

I’m going to ask y’all this question because it might give me better perspective.

I’ve always been infatuated with the Kobe line, the 5s being one of my favorites & the Chaos pair being near the top of that list. I’ve never actually owned or even tried a pair on though so I have no experience with the upper at all.

with that said I want to get a pair now, but I want to convert them into bowling shoes. I’m hoping to just do a sole swap but part of me thinks I will lose a lot more than I realize by taking the sole off?

Another part of me is curious how stiff the upper is? I think it would be fine but while I’m asking I figured I’d throw that out there too.

Any thoughts?

I’ll believe zoom turbo when I see someone cut these up to prove it. We heared the 4s had FLZ up until even after they released. I’ll hold out until someone proves there is or isn’t. Nike is a dirty b@stard for what they pulled with the 4s. Filthy animals.

I’m going to ask y’all this question because it might give me better perspective.

I’ve always been infatuated with the Kobe line, the 5s being one of my favorites & the Chaos pair being near the top of that list. I’ve never actually owned or even tried a pair on though so I have no experience with the upper at all.

with that said I want to get a pair now, but I want to convert them into bowling shoes. I’m hoping to just do a sole swap but part of me thinks I will lose a lot more than I realize by taking the sole off?

Another part of me is curious how stiff the upper is? I think it would be fine but while I’m asking I figured I’d throw that out there too.

Any thoughts?
the supper is NOT stiff at all

its basically a thing layer of film :lol:

Zoom Turbo wouldn't even be a big upgrade. It's just bigger (width/lengthwise, could be thin) and has more directional flex. Need to see it exposed.

I don't think all tech upgrades need to be cushioning. My biggest complaint with the 5's were the uppers ripping relatively easy.
I get its hard to upgrade materials and keep the same look but i was hopeful they would address that problem

I'm only here for the rainking rainking cop total. :lol:
:rofl:
Mane I already told you, two or three. Probably three. OK fine, three. I'm telling everyone to give me Nike gift cards for Christmas for this exact purpose LOL. It's not going to cost me hardly anything out of my own pocket. I bought five of them 10 years ago but I think that was a bit excessive. Well actually, it wasn't, as I wore out three pairs and then sold the remaining two DS pairs months ago. The real question is, will the Protros be more durable than the OGs in terms of the uppers? If not, these Vs don't take very long to start looking trashed, with cracked and ripped uppers. I wish we knew if they really were dropping next week, it's starting to not look like it. I was looking forward to picking them up from an L.A. Nike store the day after Christmas and enjoying them over the rest of the holiday time off.

Back
Top Bottom