Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Both protros on Morant and DeRozan. They do look cut higher and slightly different, but not as different as that pic made them look:

screenshot_20191228_204417-jpg.2481218

bfaf5f6d-377b-4bf3-aece-2fc05247a693-jpeg.2477283

These joints released early here in Japan, on the 26th. They announced the release the night before. It was a NikePlus member exclusive, not SNKRS which was interesting. Logged in at 9am when they released, easy cop. Most sizes were sold out within an hour, completely sold out within a few hours. I'm assuming our allocations are pretty low when it comes to Kobe's. Struck out on Draft Day and Undefeateds on their release dates. Just thought I'd share.
In terms of sizing, I stayed TTS and they fit pretty snug for me compared to the other 4s I own. But probably not enough to size up. Draft Day>Undefeated black>Chaos. would be the order of roomiest to tightest.
IMG_0762.jpeg
IMG_0766.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0774.jpg

Hmmmmm. So the collar cut might be a bit off from the OGs. Even more interested to see these on Friday. Doesn't really matter to me, still loading up :lol:
But definitely prefer the deeper cut of the OGs. Interesting, the official Nike pics don't look nearly as obvious in terms of the ankle cut.

Those "Dark Chaos" look amazing! Also that dent on the picture of the Protro's VS OG's, some of my OG V's had that ugly dent/flex on the side paneling. Other than that they don't look bad to me.

Wow the protros are definitely off from the ogs. The cut on them is way too high for sure. Not sure that’s worth full price.

These joints released early here in Japan, on the 26th. They announced the release the night before. It was a NikePlus member exclusive, not SNKRS which was interesting. Logged in at 9am when they released, easy cop. Most sizes were sold out within an hour, completely sold out within a few hours. I'm assuming our allocations are pretty low when it comes to Kobe's. Struck out on Draft Day and Undefeateds on their release dates. Just thought I'd share.
In terms of sizing, I stayed TTS and they fit pretty snug for me compared to the other 4s I own. But probably not enough to size up. Draft Day>Undefeated black>Chaos. would be the order of roomiest to tightest.
IMG_0762.jpeg
IMG_0766.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0774.jpg
Did they reinforce the flex points at the toe area? I like the higher cut shoe. It proves that the OG wasn't near being a perfect shoe.

What size are those early releases from Japan? Look small to me, which could explain the shape looking ‘off’ compared to the OGs and ones we’ve seen in the NBA.

Where you located bro, cause your pair arrived crazy fast, my pair scheduled to arrive next monday

what happened to Nike 2 day? I haven’t ordered off NDC in so long hoping I don’t have to wait 2 weeks for my Chaos pair tomorrow

Ima go try and get a pair before work tomm at footlocker and try on the app. Feel like these might sit like every other Protro but not taking the chance. I 💯 need at least 2 of these.

Agreed, I got 3 of them and they always go to waste

might just cop on SNKRS then go instore and see if they got em. Will just return the snkrs pair then

Wow the protros are definitely off from the ogs. The cut on them is way too high for sure. Not sure that’s worth full price.
Definitely not worth the retail price. Kyrie V/VI both featured zoom turbo and retailed for $130. Then If you think that we are paying the extra 50 for the the flywire tech....nike improved it and still use it in some of their running shoes that retail from $90-120.. Then the ”inflation” excuse doesn't work When I can get Nike shoes with similar material/cushion for lower prices.
1577995137303.jpeg

These are the pegasus 33-35 midsole.

Last edited:
ok, I've talked myself into these, i like 'em!
i will try to get them off SNKRS tomorrow @ 7am and am sending all positive vibes to people who want to purchase these as well.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll see a ridiculous amount of "GOT EM" screenshots (actually please don't do that) :lol:

it's an L for me, only hoh has it sadly. and I won't make it in time. My non hoh ftl had the draft days so maybe less pairs or maybe they'll pop up later who knows. I'll try in asia next week

Definitely not worth the retail price. Kyrie V/VI both featured zoom turbo and retailed for $130. Then If you think that we are paying the extra 50 for the the flywire tech....nike improved it and still use it in some of their running shoes that retail from $90-120.. Then the ”inflation” excuse doesn't work When I can get Nike shoes with similar material/cushion for lower prices.
1577995137303.jpeg

These are the pegasus 33-35 midsole.

I don't believe the price is related to the tech in these. It's the name and nostalgia associated with it.

Back
Top Bottom