Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

True, but I don’t recall Nike ever producing products from a famous dead athlete though unless I’m wrong?

Y’all are crazy if you think Nike will stop releasing Kobe’s, especially Protros. If anything they’ll make more rather than less due to increased demand. Nike won’t leave money on the table look at how they dealt with the China thing.

This might be the best time for Nike to put the Kobe line on NikeID. Gives the fans the chance to create something they can remember Kobe for at the same time will be good for Nike as well. Both sides win I think. Also makes us fans sh*t on resellers

Last edited:
as bad as it sounds, this morning when I first saw the big stage parades they're confirming to release, I thought wow these don't look good. Ruined a good 3 shoe of Big Stages and Parades separately. Then I saw the kobe news and I thought theres no way I'm not gonna get those big stage parade mash-up now.

as bad as it sounds, this morning when I first saw the big stage parades they're confirming to release, I thought wow these don't look good. Ruined a good 3 shoe of Big Stages and Parades separately. Then I saw the kobe news and I thought theres no way I'm not gonna get those big stage parade mash-up now.

Yeah I think everybody will now just on principle...

Wondering how Nike will even approach that release now...Probably too late to push the drop back 🤷‍♂️...Quietly drop them on schedule or make a big deal out of it as a memorial type of shoe...

The purple and gold ones. As a Laker fan who was in his teens in 2009-2010, the V's mean a lot to me simply because he won his 5th ring in them and avenged the 2008 loss to the Celtics. Lots of high school memories during that time. Hoping I can get a pair of the aways, but I'm not sure what Nike should do with this terrible news.

Thanks for the help guys.

Man...i dont think i can do it. Literally this weekend i went through and marked everything i could sell. Now the value has skyrocketed but i dont think i can do it. It feels like dirty money.

I know most wouldnt care and i understand the opportunity but im going to have to really sit down and think about it.

More than an athlete and celebrity to me. I dont want to type a wall of text but he was the most impactful person in my life other than my immediate family.

E5C4B495-A069-4E5B-BF7B-9667396BB0B0.jpeg

Man...i dont think i can do it. Literally this weekend i went through and marked everything i could sell. Now the value has skyrocketed but i dont think i can do it. It feels like dirty money.

I know most wouldnt care and i understand the opportunity but im going to have to really sit down and think about it.

More than an athlete and celebrity to me. I dont want to type a wall of text but he was the most impactful person in my life other than my immediate family.
same situation with me. I have the kobe city jersey that i had been trying to sell, but i feel like selling today would be so disrespectful. even if i make a huge profit it just feels empty, it's not like i can buy other kobe stuff with that money since all kobe stuff costs 600+ now. plus no amount of money can bring back kobe to life or the satisfaction of knowing he is enjoying his retirement. I am so sad. i'm gonna be crying a lot in the next few days. gonna rewatch all his highlights on youtube, including ones i have watched before and those blurry *** quality 2000s ones that i have never watched before.

why man, just whyyy????? :emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry:

This can all be countered if Nike just keeps his line going as normal. I was so close to letting my Black Kobe 61 rewind jersey go last week too. Glad I didn’t. Need to get it tailored though, that old Nike sizing it’s the length of a nightgown 😂

Far from thinking about Kobe's shoes let alone the upcoming Big Stages. You guys know I like them but if they decide to cancel the release I'm okay with it. Unreal. All kinds of emotions running through right now. Prayers to his family. The angel (Gianna) gone too soon :frown:

I hope Nike takes a slight break out of respect and then continues as scheduled with the releases. Everyone who was a fan should be able to get the shoes without paying outrageous markup because of a tragedy. Kobe wanted his shoes played in. Not sitting in a glass case.

makes me regret not pulling the trigger on any pairs that I was hold off on buying, especially the ones that was sitting or selling at retail/under

I’m happy I wasn’t on the hunt for anything. Just was keeping an eye out for carpes under retail for the double up. Kissed that goodbye 👋

I thought about buying Undefeated White Protro 1 yesterday with the 25% off on ebay that were $400 but didn't. Probably seller cancel and raise the price by double :smh:

If you have beat Kobes you want to sell I wouldn't blame you just not ridiculously priced

They gotta turn this **** around. Dont give a damn what took place before this two face garbage they had better correct this ship and correct it fast. Letting this brand go out in some faint flicker would piss me off beyond belief.
I agree with that. One thing they definitely should do is release better original products and the retros his fans want. Definitely feel like there should be more thought put into what’s released. Don’t put Kobe’s name on any take down models either.

Back
Top Bottom