Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Just got this t shirt in the mail. I guess it softens the blow a bit for taking so many Ls so far :lol: >D :smh::lol:

20200824_141301.jpg

Honestly I’ll be happy when these companies wake up and stop looking out for just a dollar. It’s not the resellers fault, but the companies. Until they actually do something about the bots ( and yes they have the money and resources to combat them), but until they actually do something about it; then the people with bots that are resellers are going to continue to use them. So until those big companies get that attitude to where they stop saying that as long as I got my money, they don’t care. I don’t think Kobe would like it.

Took a big L as everyone but oh well
I got my tattoo today which is some of a Kobe tribute

ppl who really follow the Nike Kobe line now what this is.... happy birthday Kobe bryant! Thank you for everything 🙏🏽

1D76EC86-3DEB-4309-9381-221C836C4A6A.jpeg
My man,
Nice tattoo - good design and well done, but help me out with the meanings. The snake is an obvious reference. The triangle shape doesn't ring any bells. The only Kobe model with triangles on it was the Mamba Rage, so that can't be it. The "X" and the eye also don't ring any bells. There were 11, or "XI" Nike Kobe models so is that "X" + "I", or an eye = "XI"? Maybe this is a design that came right from the insole of a Kobe I've never held in hand? I'm reaching here. I've been following Kobe's kicks since he left adidas, went through his free agent phase and first laced up Nike Zoom Flight 2K3's, but I guess haven't paid enough attention. Help me out.

My man,
Nice tattoo - good design and well done, but help me out with the meanings. The snake is an obvious reference. The triangle shape doesn't ring any bells. The only Kobe model with triangles on it was the Mamba Rage, so that can't be it. The "X" and the eye also don't ring any bells. There were 11, or "XI" Nike Kobe models so is that "X" + "I", or an eye = "XI"? Maybe this is a design that came right from the insole of a Kobe I've never held in hand? I'm reaching here. I've been following Kobe's kicks since he left adidas, went through his free agent phase and first laced up Nike Zoom Flight 2K3's, but I guess haven't paid enough attention. Help me out.

Thank you! This is from the Kobe 7... “Kobe system“
A023A3DA-54F3-463B-8749-815F99677D2D.jpeg

Took a L
Not even mad
Refuse to pay resell
Not gonna indulge these POS resellers
I wouldn't even call the resellers POS's, but they're silly. They act like they're doing speculative stock trading.

My idea of an "L" nowadays is checking Eastbay at 10am.

Lakers store was a mess. And undefeated is shopify too so gonna assume it's also gonna be a **** show on the 27th for the pack. May as well chalk up the L's for the entire mamba week. 0/3 so far multiplied by a couple of accounts.

I wouldn't even call the resellers POS's, but they're silly. They act like they're doing speculative stock trading.

My idea of an "L" nowadays is checking Eastbay at 10am.
Dudes should just move over completely to baseball cards. Heard some are doing that or buying switches/pools before, home workout equipment and just flipping it for profit. Dudes need to get outta the shoe scene and leave the shoes for the actual people who wanna wear them

Couldn't Nike detect bots and do something like insta-cancel/block people cheating the system? I know they won't, but i figure it's worth the inquiry...

Ever since the footstores openly invested in resale platforms I've been suspicious that they're just siphoning off retail pairs directly to resale platforms tbh

Dudes should just move over completely to baseball cards. Heard some are doing that or buying switches/pools before, home workout equipment and just flipping it for profit. Dudes need to get outta the shoe scene and leave the shoes for the actual people who wanna wear them
I'm starting to learn not to judge other people's appreciation of a culture by what they have or wear. Remember Kobe's memorial in front of Staples Center earlier this year, shortly after he passed? I saw it on TV. Not a Nike Kobe in sight. No hypebeasts or sneakerheads. Just regular people wearing Vans or whatever. Those are real Kobe fans. The love of Kobe's kicks are a different thing.

Last edited:
Same folks you see complaining about resellers are the same ones you see in other threads talking about how they resold ______ for X amount.
Careful. There are a lot of people in this thread, in just the last few pages, complaining about resellers. You've seen all of us in other threads bragging about how we resold something for X dollars?

-foe

Careful. There are a lot of people in this thread, in just the last few pages, complaining about resellers. You've seen all of us in other threads bragging about how we resold something for X dollars?

-foe

Anyone who has been buying sneakers for at least 5 years and claims to have never resold a shoe for over MSRP is most likely a liar. Reselling has been apart of the sneaker culture for decades now. Nothing new. (I'm guilty of it as well)

I'm not gonna sit here calling out individual people or tracking down posts just to prove a point. All I'm saying is if you took an L today, like I did, move on.

Back
Top Bottom