Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

ir537m.jpg

picked up my 2 pairs this morning around 9 30 am, i had my pairs locked down but it was an easy cop for others at my local hoh. i think the store i went to had like 18 pairs total and they opened at 9 am and when i left around 9 45 am they still had 4 pairs left. they are pretty hot in person and comfortable imo, im only keeping the sz 10.5 because the sz 11 is just a tad big. they are my first pair of rookies and im sure i will cop some more if they drop some more dope colorways.

Originally Posted by pelimpe

well missed out 2... had to be at work ti ll 2pm...
call the nearest hoh.. they dont have em ... m like coll let me holla at the 2nd one..
do you have the orange ookie's? yes! (m like damn let me fly over there)
do u have a sz 12 or 13? no
do u have a sz 11,11,5? no
m like ef this!
dunno of other locations will receive em later but i doubt it.. they supposedly never received the glow in the dark joint 2.... shady hoh's but its all good

you could of copped a sz 11 if you could of made it up to hoh before 10 am, when i left around 9 45 am they still had sz 9.5 and 11 but im sure the sz 11 was gone soon after i left.

Wow forgot these came out today. Would've at least drove down to check em out. Let's hope my HOH has them tomorrow. might cop a pair.

Might just pick up the Binary's now that it seems that there's almost a FSR on Eastbay again.  Max Orange's look good too!

Originally Posted by casper90403

i think these go better with SF Giants than the Orioles colors.

Would you care to elaborate.....being as the San Fransisco Giants & the Baltimore Orioles wear the EXACT same colors?
30t6p3b.gif

Btw....I knew the homie Ninjahood wasn't gonna feel these. They need to have a trace of royal blue added to the mix for him to want to mess with them. It's that NY mind state of his.
happy.gif

Pretty surprised Eastbay still has a FSR of the blue ones.  Guess most people are in the same boat as me, I want them but bottom line there's too much other stuff coming out over the next month.  Also reading that a lot of people think they're uncomfortable didn't exactly help either.

Also, saw the black and orange ones.  They are so, so, so fire.  Unfortunately I'm doubling up on the black III's, can't spare an extra 2 bills. 

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Pretty surprised Eastbay still has a FSR of the blue ones.  Guess most people are in the same boat as me, I want them but bottom line there's too much other stuff coming out over the next month.  Also reading that a lot of people think they're uncomfortable didn't exactly help either.

Also, saw the black and orange ones.  They are so, so, so fire.  Unfortunately I'm doubling up on the black III's, can't spare an extra 2 bills. 

They re-stocked. The only had like a 7, 7.5 and 14 during the week(when I checked at least).

right!........i think the SF orange might be alil lighter while the O's looks darker at least in the pics......either way, congrates to all da others that copped, i will be rockin mine 2day!!!!!!! 

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Would you care to elaborate.....being as the San Fransisco Giants & the Baltimore Orioles wear the EXACT same colors?
30t6p3b.gif

Btw....I knew the homie Ninjahood wasn't gonna feel these. They need to have a trace of royal blue added to the mix for him to want to mess with them. It's that NY mind state of his.
happy.gif

lol.. I was thinkin the same thing.... Black/Orange vs  Black /Orange... hmmmm
*Peter Griffin Shrug*

I guess the most I can do now is wait on the All Blacks.. wear some Orange Socks and Orange laces and hope no one notices
laugh.gif

By the way...  I cant wait on the Reds to arrive.  Then I'll be somewhat ok I missed these Max Oranges.  For now... its a Binary and Atlantic love affair.  I hope some translucent colored soles can be used on future releases.  Can you imagine a translucent Orange?

316965_1944481350542_1797753095_1307792_1415479752_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Vinsanity

right!........i think the SF orange might be alil lighter while the O's looks darker at least in the pics......either way, congrates to all da others that copped, i will be rockin mine 2day!!!!!!! 

thats what i meant. Orioles orange just seems darker to me. The picture with the O's hats a couple pages back made me feel that way. 

My store hasn't sold any.  Our warehouse is full of these.  binarys are nice but not 200.00 nice. 

Originally Posted by sneakermane

30t6p3b.gif

happy.gif
laugh.gif
fams they dope, if anything they tie into....
SunAutheniesPennyHardaway.jpg

but i dont want to get these and da all black seeing as how they're basically da same minus da inner sock..plus to tell you da truth i aint feeling da over explosion of color on da tonge in a otherwise muted shoe.

da all blacks look alot more balanced, plus they are also employing da same anthracite shimmer these have so they are a no brainer.

Ninja.....^^^^ throwback Suns jersey is FIRE!
And you right.....All Blacks are gonna be a problem. So sick. These Rookies are just a dope shoe...period. And I usually don't &@#% with hybrids.
Damn white/blacks are gonna dig into my Concords money. But it's all good, I need those too.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I actually didnt know the O's changed their Bird... when they do that??

They just changed the hat logo back to the cartoon bird this week. I was running around the house doing cartwheels.
happy.gif

I hated that anatomically correct bird.

Cartoon Bird.....FTW!
smokin.gif

I still think the Orange is the same for both Orioles & Giants. Where are my west coast heads? Nobody has a Giants fitted to post with these Rookies?

oranges look great.

im loving the binaries tho. kinda glad not everyone in bmore is wearing these right now like they do with foams. was at the store 2 days ago and 3 dudes had on pewters and 4 had on the retro blue pros.

How much yall think da resale value of da max oranges gonna be? Ebay is from 350-600 so far .... wonder if these will hit "south beach " bron prices.

Back
Top Bottom