NIKE ZOOM soldier 10

Not outdoor.

I drive and cut heavy, didn't experience it once.
Did you mean you used them outdoor?

I used mine in a very clean indoor court and I was slipping around like a clumsy skater. 
mean.gif

View media item 2212821

Show me where Nike says anything about how they'll never release another version of these after the iD drop. That's like saying that Nike should have told everyone in 2011 when they were bidding on the Mags that in 2016 they'd release them with power laces so they should hold off until then.  

This isn't the first time they brought back a "limited" iD for another quick sale (Kobe 9 Multicolor iD). If it really makes that much of a difference to you, I'm sure you could return the iDs or sell them and use that money towards a 5 or 7 pack, if that's going to be the difference between you being happy or picketing LeBron & the Cavs outside of The Q.

Nike Air Mags, pretty much a retro from a shoe from years ago. As far as the "new" one it is the same colors and shoe, which is not something that can be compared to the Solider 10 issues.

For me it's the principle and the bait/switch tactic.

Original IDs released days after final game at a specified time...up for an hour...gone. Pairs arrived and did not have medial or outsole logos filled in. Gold was wrong shade.

Nothing for months.

4 Wins pack pops out of nowhere. Special boxes, stat lines, insoles, correct logos and gold shade (Game 5 at least). Packs are limited in quantity and location. Clearly the more special release compared to the initial ID.

IDs release again for a limited time (during opening game) for order presumably same as original IDs but now also hold options for another X pair and also 2 Kyries. Game 6 & 7 ID-able packs. Despite have just released the same shoes in the limited 4 Wins packs. It's assumed these new IDs will be watered down to basic IDs from the 4 Wins packs but to be determined.

I and many others expected the first ID release to be it. Then the packs came which imo is more preferable for specialness but also accuracy. Then they bring the IDs back again plus 3 more pairs.

I just don't agree with the business tactic though Nike is well within their rights. My irritation is they gave us a corrected version that is even more limited but then allow people to buy the less accurate version again too. Devalues the original IDs because more available now. Limited should mean limited.

It's like buying real Nike Air Mags versus the movieprop Air Mags. One is clearly superior.

I totally agree with everything except part of the very last sentence. However people get what you and myself have been saying. For whatever reasons they have issue with this clearly legit issue we have with nike. They probably work for them or lebron or something.

I find it funny how they release the iD, sells out in an hour, people happy they got their order in because it sold out. People speculate "no way this is all they're doing, we want champ packs". Ok here's your champ packs, here's one more chance to order the iDs. "I hate Nike, they screwed me over because I ordered a shoe 4 and a half months ago, and never told me they were releasing champ packs or the ID again".

Enjoy your shoes man. At the end of the day, they're just shoes.

I totally agree with everything except part of the very last sentence. However people get what you and myself have been saying. For whatever reasons they have issue with this clearly legit issue we have with nike. They probably work for them or lebron or something.

Is Nike forcing you to buy the new ones? No, this is an issue because you want them. Then buy them and quit complaining. Sell the other ones. This isn't a legit issue. Until the day that Nike started the champ packs, odds are you had no issue with your Soldier iDs. You're acting like someone who is upset because you bought an IPhone 6 and 4 months later, they came out with the 7

I get it, and I wasn't taking any shots at the guy yesterday when I asked if he was angry about it because they (in his mind) devalued the pair he presumably ordered in June, wasn't talking about devaluing for resale like he assumed I was.  

I was miffed they didn't release the packs on SNKRS via Draw or something like that, had to do what I had to do and get them for resale. When it's all said and done though, looking at the iD version, sure it may not be exact, but the fact is they were only available for what, 3 hours total across 2 separate releases. That's still pretty limited. I wouldn't let it bug me to the point of writing Nike/Lebron/Cavaliers off just because of this though. There's still a story to be told with the iDs, whether you ordered the day after they won the chip or you ordered the night they got the rings. 

Yeah man, you were taking shots at me good thing I have my Captain America shield! Lol! Nah, but in all seriousness this is a shoe forum we'll agree and disagree on things. I'll say this, I was one of the people who paid resell price for them because of the what seemed special at the time connection, so taking them back is not an option for me. Like I said I strongly believe it is a slap in the face by nike/lebron. They simply should have just released the damn game 7 shoe by itself and let kyrie have his own release. I sneaker fan and growing up playing 4 different sports, I am sports fan and believe in special moments and NOT half assed!

Question if I keep mine, do you know of a type of gold paint I could use?

Last edited:
Is Nike forcing you to buy the new ones? No, this is an issue because you want them. Then buy them and quit complaining. Sell the other ones. This isn't a legit issue. Until the day that Nike started the champ packs, odds are you had no issue with your Soldier iDs. You're acting like someone who is upset because you bought an IPhone 6 and 4 months later, they came out with the 7

Incorrect again man phone analogy not valid. The i.d.'s were supposed to be the "Champs" edition, which means that was a start, so your champs pack comment is invalid too. In other words if nike did NOT FALSELY market them as a "champ" shoe, I would have NO issue and I would NOT have purchased them even for retail. You are still not addressing the issue. I shouldn't have to buy multiple versions of a shoe to get the CORRECT ones. Yeah your damn right, I want the "game 5" release, but I am not going to pay more resell and probably a lot more than before now to get more shoes. To be honest though had I known/waited for nike to pull this BS move I probably would have passed all together. Again I only bought these, because of historical moment they were connected to. Heck they got the soldiers RIGHT (which I have) from his first championship appearance with the cavs against the spurs, so why do the same for these.

Last edited:
I play in my black/gum outdoors. No slippage what-so-ever. Holding up really well
Yeah - saying "not outdoor" slippage.

Shoes have been great
Thanks, fam. I wonder if different colorways with different material soles would have an effect on it. Would try breaking these in outdoors first, worth a shot.
I find it funny how they release the iD, sells out in an hour, people happy they got their order in because it sold out. People speculate "no way this is all they're doing, we want champ packs". Ok here's your champ packs, here's one more chance to order the iDs. "I hate Nike, they screwed me over because I ordered a shoe 4 and a half months ago, and never told me they were releasing champ packs or the ID again".

100. Repped

Your points are valid to you in this instance. I just think it's strong to take an entire stance on Nike because of it. You can't blame them for not laying out their plans 4.5 months in advance. They obviously felt like they needed to do something to capitalize on the hype right away for how big of a moment it was and then figured it out later. At the end of the day, gotta do what you wanna do for your collection.

Good thing you are not referring to me, because as much as you want and try to make that my issue I have CLEARLY pointed out on multiple occasions I can care less about them being limited, GREAT or sold out. That has never mattered hence the reason I have passed up on a number of shoes over the years that were super limited, but I didn't like. Recent example the galaxy Jordan 30, but only purchased the launch pair and Blackouts by choice.

Good thing you are not referring to me, because as much as you want and try to make that my issue I have CLEARLY pointed out on multiple occasions I can care less about them being limited, GREAT or sold out. That has never mattered hence the reason I have passed up on a number of shoes over the years that were super limited, but I didn't like. Recent example the galaxy Jordan 30, but only purchased the launch pair and Blackouts by choice.
I get where you're coming from, my main irritation is them saying the shoes would be exact to the pair LeBron wore

Last edited:
Your points are valid to you in this instance. I just think it's strong to take an entire stance on Nike because of it. You can't blame them for not laying out their plans 4.5 months in advance. They obviously felt like they needed to do something to capitalize on the hype right away for how big of a moment it was and then figured it out later. At the end of the day, gotta do what you wanna do for your collection.

Thanks for the paint tip. I may just keep my pairs and do that. Funny thing is due to the materials I would say these are second to being closest behind the game 5 version. The game 7 release swoosh looks terrible on this shoe.

The soldiers are really hard to put on. [emoji]128514[/emoji] I almost ended myself trying to get my feet in them yesterday. But once they are on they are fire! I love them. I may get the grey ones to hoop in. The soldier 10s should have been the 13s to be honest.

The soldiers are really hard to put on. [emoji]128514[/emoji] I almost ended myself trying to get my feet in them yesterday. But once they are on they are fire! I love them. I may get the grey ones to hoop in. The soldier 10s should have been the 13s to be honest.

Really?

That front and back tab pull makes it nice and easy to slip on IMO.

Once my foot is in the shoe it's IN.

I lock the first two lower straps down when I'm just shooting around, and when I go to play I tighten the high ankle one.

Love the soldiers. a bit bummed I missed out on the finals colorway again. Was waiting til the weekend....

Back
Top Bottom