Nike Zoom Ultraflight Retro in 2014

170?? It looks like these are getting that foamposite $50 dollar markup.

JM. Can you verify the zoom hasn't been gutted ?

Haha $170.  That's amusing.

Even PE's wouldn't be worth that to me.  They retail for $170, they'll be in outlets for less than half of that.

$170 could get you some top of the line balling shoes right now.  Ultraflights were okay, but they aren't THAT great.

Haha, nothing wrong with that.

I'd pay a good amount more than normal for some PE's I was feeling.

I think I paid $170 combined for my pairs over a couple yrs time(ebay/ TX Nike Outlet in 04' had them for $29.99)

195350b245f86691c01dc23cbc7aa49bf6cf0a0_r.JPG

A no friles basic full grain leather upper made the shoe.. I didn't get one blister playing bball in these. i considered these the best Nike shoes ever. I did have to wear some high length socks, and ankle wrapped feet were a 2 minute struggle. but it was worth it

I was happy when I first saw samples of these few weeks back. But as soon as I saw the price tag I had to shake my head. I definitely want the shoe, but lets face it. These will sit on shelves, buyers are smart..

Yeah, these just aren't a shoe that really brings it back for most people.  It doesn't have that nostalgic aura about it, and there wasn't really a marquee player (other than Payton and a few others maybe) that really blew it up in these.

They were just solid and innovative bball shoes at the time.  $170 is crazy for shoes that were good ten years ago.  As someone said, they would sit on shelves for $100.

I was happy when I first saw samples of these few weeks back. But as soon as I saw the price tag I had to shake my head. I definitely want the shoe, but lets face it. These will sit on shelves, buyers are smart..

Do you know what colorways we should expect?

Too bad they're gonna feel nothing like the OG's. Hopefully my heel fits in them this time around.

def remember my heel felt like it was always slipping out and these were a major pain to get on.! but glad to see them coming back . smh at 170 tho :/

The type of sock had a lot to do with that.

That's why I had such a love/hate.  Some days it was the best shoe ever, and other days it was straight crap that dug into my skin.  It was always a roll of the dice when I played in them.

It's always possible the price my come down slightly, but the last I saw...$170

BTW...it's a "Premium" style...

JM

What's the point of these in a premium version?

Give me a premium jet flight damnit :smh:

The whole damn Nash line.

Jet Flights first.

Then drop some Zoom Drives in those Nash and Canada colorways.

Then end it with some Zoom BB lows.

Jet Flights and BB Lows were killing the game way before the Kobe line stole their thunder :lol: :nthat:

Jet Flights and BB Lows were killing the game way before the Kobe line stole their thunder
laugh.gif
nthat.gif
That's why I cringe whenever someone drops that "Kobe changed the whole sneaker game!" line.

I get that he was by far the biggest star to ever wear a low-top signature shoe.  Of course.

But guys like Gil Arenas, Mike Bibby and Steve Nash were KILLING it in good low tops and there were guys before them too.

Damn I forgot about Bibby's lows

His XVII & XVIII were :wow: :smokin :smokin

Even MJ rocked the XVII lows for a lengthy time

Last edited:
I'm partial to his XII and XIII lows.

I've played in XII lows and didn't like them too much, but damn those shoes look good.

Back
Top Bottom