Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I am the only that's actually looking forward to running in these? I've been waiting for Nike to make a Hoka like shoe for 3 years. The cushioning plus a 10mm drop will be heavenly!

I need a new pair of running shoes, so I figured why not try for Nike's latest release. 

I am the only that's actually looking forward to running in these? I've been waiting for Nike to make a Hoka like shoe for 3 years. The cushioning plus a 10mm drop will be heavenly!

Well, not the NikeLab pair, that's for sure. I am, however, looking to try out one of these two shoes (either the Vaporfly or the Zoom Fly) I am not as confident about running in Lunarlon shoes, but then the carbon fiber plate might help. The VaporFly would be great if I actually ran long distances on a regular, and that thing is $250, too... My only main concern is the way I strike when I land. I have to readjust from landing heel/midfoot to landing in forefoot and keep my form in a position where it favors the way the shoe is built.

Maybe it's just me though, but usually anything Lunarlon with not-so-great knees is a bad idea. I am willing to try one run... just not that confident. Few people here know that I have been running in the VaporMax, and those are supporting me well.

Last edited:
Woke up to an email from END. Won the raffle for the SPs. Already shipped.
nthat.gif

Woke up to an email from END. Won the raffle for the SPs. Already shipped.
nthat.gif
Out of curiosity, you located in the US or overseas?

Just never see/hear of someone stateside winning their raffle.

+1

Got 2 events, maybe 3, coming up and would like to use these to train and race in.

Copped off dsm. Site was moving so slow didn't think I was going to be able to check out. 150 shipped

Is there a huge difference in comfort from the regular Vapor Fly vs 4%?

Is there a huge difference in comfort from the regular Vapor Fly vs 4%?
I've only tried the 4% and it was unlike any other shoe I've worn. But I wouldn't necessarily say that its great differentiator is comfort. It just felt like I was being propelled forward. 

Last edited:
Alright...I'm hoping to be back from a meeting before 1...Hopefully I'm successful lol

Back
Top Bottom