Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Really digging the red/crimson and silver VF4%'s on some of today's Boston Marathon runners...would LOVE to see them pop up for us slow pokes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 10.47.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 10.47.20 AM.png
    539.3 KB · Views: 50
both men and women that had a decent lead got too ahead of themselves

the Japanese teacher who is 4 for 4 in marathons this year was crazy too

first women winner in 30+ years though, wow, grats

both men and women that had a decent lead got too ahead of themselves

the Japanese teacher who is 4 for 4 in marathons this year was crazy too

first women winner in 30+ years though, wow, grats

I got goosebumps watching her run down Boylston. She ran a great race in absolutely awful weather.

I can't even imagine running a 5k out there right now. :lol:

QUICK UPDATE ON MY VAPORFLY'S MILEAGE!

My last update here was 171 miles. I've now hit 222 miles in my Blue Fox pair and although the initial responsiveness isn't really there anymore (either that or I got so used to running in them that I don't know what I'm supposed to feel), I can still run in them without any problems! I can't say for sure that I've debunked a myth here, because I run in them differently. I've been running 5km three times a week (2 per week this month to kinda reset) since wearing them in late July or early August to accumulate this mileage. However, what I CAN say is that running in them like how I have been is still just fine! I come back home with my calves sore from running in other running shoes now, but when I run in the Vaporflys, my calves feel A-OK.

This is also including the difference in time... my last pair in a non-Vaporfly shoe was the VaporMax at the end of March with an 8:42/mi. pace, and got a bit sore hours later and into the next day... a week before that, I ran 8:08/mi. in the Vaporflys and was fine throughout the day!

I concur! Vaporfly's can actually withstand quite a bit a mileage. I too can attest to that. The problem is that the thin coating of paint that covers the ZoomX foam scrapes off fairly quickly, and I believe that's what people aren't liking. People shell out $250 so they have the right to complain. As I see it though, it's the expected normal wear and tear for these shoes. If Nike could correct that, it'd be great. I don't see it as a reason to return them or to not buy future pairs.

Finally got a pair of 4%. These run true to size length wise, no doubt, and narrow as all hell. This ZoomX is on another level. Like wearing responsive Oofos....

QUICK UPDATE ON MY VAPORFLY'S MILEAGE!

My last update here was 171 miles. I've now hit 222 miles in my Blue Fox pair and although the initial responsiveness isn't really there anymore (either that or I got so used to running in them that I don't know what I'm supposed to feel), I can still run in them without any problems! I can't say for sure that I've debunked a myth here, because I run in them differently. I've been running 5km three times a week (2 per week this month to kinda reset) since wearing them in late July or early August to accumulate this mileage. However, what I CAN say is that running in them like how I have been is still just fine! I come back home with my calves sore from running in other running shoes now, but when I run in the Vaporflys, my calves feel A-OK.

This is also including the difference in time... my last pair in a non-Vaporfly shoe was the VaporMax at the end of March with an 8:42/mi. pace, and got a bit sore hours later and into the next day... a week before that, I ran 8:08/mi. in the Vaporflys and was fine throughout the day!

Any photos of the soles? Wearing out? My zoom fly have about 80-100 miles now and some heel "paint" gone. I have tried to really focus on mid foot striking so I think I have corrected some on my own. Probably would use the VF similar to what you have done. Definitely encouraging.

Any photos of the soles? Wearing out? My zoom fly have about 80-100 miles now and some heel "paint" gone. I have tried to really focus on mid foot striking so I think I have corrected some on my own. Probably would use the VF similar to what you have done. Definitely encouraging.

Check the picture below! Like getz_racer getz_racer mentioned, the durability of the midsole wrapping goes away FAST... but the shoe itself still works. The bottoms are scraped and battered up, but the rubber fronts and pods on the heels are surprisingly looking untouched.

40797492024_961698b91a_b.jpg

it was awful out there :lol: horrible day for me, not at all how I wanted it to go with this injury, but I made sure to finish.

props for being able to finish in those conditions and with the new injury, crossing the finishline is a big accomplishment that many won't have the satisfaction of saying

just got to keep training and be more prepared for next year

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom