Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

The SF is designed for racing, but seems like most people are using it for speed workouts/training because it doesn't have enough propulsive feel due to midsole shape and lack of plate.

if i take anything out of all the reviews and this new record today, it just shows how good of a shoe the VF really is at all kinds of distances on the roads.

kipchoge gon rock the AF2 in tokyo marathon next week?

timing wise kinda makes sense?
feel like spring/summer is when nike pushes out the new stuff so prob debut next weeks and we see release for it in a couple months or later with the supply chain issues

Finally scooped up my first regular VFN2 at the Clearance Store for $100. It’s funny because the Tempo, AlphaFly and VFN are all selling for $100.

84BC2CB0-6843-46A7-A760-FD51C8ABA658.jpeg

The SF is designed for racing, but seems like most people are using it for speed workouts/training because it doesn't have enough propulsive feel due to midsole shape and lack of plate.
I guess since I already have a VFN, a BNIB Peg Turbo 2, and I’m planning not to race anything shorter than a 10k. I don’t need the Streakfly. Well, money saved, but I kinda wanted them 😅

^^^Honestly, that pretty much encapsulates my issue with Nike racing shoes. There’s a lot of options which is good. But way too many shoes that overlap Epic and Invincibles. And what’s the point between price points with the VFN and SF? I’ve run three miles in the VFN and noticed a one minute difference for my turtle and fat self.

I ordered a pair of the SF. I like trying out different options.

i dont see it as overlapping options, more like a runner can fine tune their wants and needs as close to their preference as possible
Agree--having a lot of different options never hurts and shoe manufacturers probably see an increase in overall sales as a result--the diff between a 3, 4, or 5 shoe rotation!

Same here. I don’t really need the SF, but if I can scoop on the low… (<$80), take my money lol

Definitely not paying over $100 for them if I already have numerous VF/VFNs and a few AFs. I also have a few Peg Turbos, Pegs, INFs, INVCS, ZFs etc. lol

From NDC sz9.5 on left/10 right...seems to run a tad long. I feel the 9.5 fits more like my size 10 N%2 Ekiden. Feels a bit too soft/mushy just walking around. Will take em to the track Wednesday. I'm already thinking of returning these and going the same route as illustrayt illustrayt
20220228_204921.jpg

For someone like myself who's definitely not an elite runner but would like to keep getting a bit better this year, how would you use these three shoes for training and the occasional 5/10K race?

Pegasus 38 (and 38 Shield on rainy days)
Tempo Next%
Streakfly

I have been running in the Pegasus 36, 37, and now 38 for the past couple years and have enjoyed them all. I've done some "races" (remote/DIY stuff, no "official" races yet) in them and have no complaints. Half of my reason for using something other than the Pegasus is just that psychological boost of lacing up something new and light and different for a real race or a fast-pace day where I might attempt a PR or something, but the Pegs are a great shoe for me overall.

I got a great deal on the Tempos last year and was planning to work them into some higher-speed workouts and/or use them as a 10K race shoe last fall when the weather was still nice, but found myself with an ankle injury that I'm finally feeling like I've put in the rear view mirror. I haven't used them yet!

I splurged a bit on the new Streakfly because the reviews were positive and I think they look fantastic. My idea was to bump the Tempos to just a speed/interval shoe and go with these new ones for races this summer. But now that I'm seeing more detailed/extensive reviews come in favoring the Streakfly as perhaps being more versatile and maybe less speedy compared to something like the Vaporfly and Alphafly, I'm wondering if I flip my Tempo and Streakfly plans. Dunno!

Curious if anyone who got the Streakfly early also has one or both of the Pegasus and Tempo Next% and might have some thoughts. Or just thoughts in general regardless of what shoes you may or may not be using!

Also, I need to find the Vaporfly at $100 :D

For someone like myself who's definitely not an elite runner but would like to keep getting a bit better this year, how would you use these three shoes for training and the occasional 5/10K race?

Tempo Next%
Streakfly

I have been running in the Pegasus 36, 37, and now 38 for the past couple years and have enjoyed them all. I've done some "races" (remote/DIY stuff, no "official" races yet) in them and have no complaints. Half of my reason for using something other than the Pegasus is just that psychological boost of lacing up something new and light and different for a real race or a fast-pace day where I might attempt a PR or something, but the Pegs are a great shoe for me overall.

I got a great deal on the Tempos last year and was planning to work them into some higher-speed workouts and/or use them as a 10K race shoe last fall when the weather was still nice, but found myself with an ankle injury that I'm finally feeling like I've put in the rear view mirror. I haven't used them yet!

I splurged a bit on the new Streakfly because the reviews were positive and I think they look fantastic. My idea was to bump the Tempos to just a speed/interval shoe and go with these new ones for races this summer. But now that I'm seeing more detailed/extensive reviews come in favoring the Streakfly as perhaps being more versatile and maybe less speedy compared to something like the Vaporfly and Alphafly, I'm wondering if I flip my Tempo and Streakfly plans. Dunno!

Curious if anyone who got the Streakfly early also has one or both of the Pegasus and Tempo Next% and might have some thoughts. Or just thoughts in general regardless of what shoes you may or may not be using!

NDC had some VFN2% at about $100 from what I remember (blue color way) but tbh the sales will keep coming.

Don’t shy away from other Brands though - NB, Saucony, etc been killing it as well.

Tempo Next%
Streakfly

based on your rotation, pegs prob your everyday/daily trainer, tempos for long/tempo runs and streaks for anything speed and those short 5/10k paces but it just all comes down to how you feel in all those shoes.

if you do have the funds, would be nice to get the AF/VF if you plan on just doing an all nike rotation, but honestly so many good options from other brands at a great deal too. honestly the saucony endorphin speed could be a good enough shoe for you to do your long runs, speed work and races in and there’s so many great deals on them

NDC had some VFN2% at about $100 from what I remember (blue color way) but tbh the sales will keep coming.

Don’t shy away from other Brands though - NB, Saucony, etc been killing it as well.
based on your rotation, pegs prob your everyday/daily trainer, tempos for long/tempo runs and streaks for anything speed and those short 5/10k paces but it just all comes down to how you feel in all those shoes.

if you do have the funds, would be nice to get the AF/VF if you plan on just doing an all nike rotation, but honestly so many good options from other brands at a great deal too. honestly the saucony endorphin speed could be a good enough shoe for you to do your long runs, speed work and races in and there’s so many great deals on them
Thanks — I had been thinking about the Endorphin Speed at some point based on recommendation from a friend I trust.

That said, like many here I will readily admit to being a lifelong Nike fanboy... :D

Thanks — I had been thinking about the Endorphin Speed at some point based on recommendation from a friend I trust.

That said, like many here I will readily admit to being a lifelong Nike fanboy... :D

I hear you! I’ve been running exclusively with Nike for a good decade, so I consider myself a Nike Stan too. Nike has been the leader and dominant force in the performance running category since the introduction of the VaporFly line (2017), IMO.

When competitor brands finally caught up in 2020, I started to veer away from the Swoosh and acquire “super shoes” from those companies. I’ll admit that the VFN2 (particularly the Flyknit NBY) and AF models are A1. However, other brands like Saucony, ASICS, NB, adidas and Brooks have quality shoes that could give Nike a RUN for their money.

With that said and all things considered, my favorite non-Nike brand would be Saucony. The Endorphin Speed and Pro lines have great value, awesome cws and performance!

Last edited:
Same here. I don’t really need the SF, but if I can scoop on the low… (<$80), take my money lol

Definitely not paying over $100 for them if I already have numerous VF/VFNs and a few AFs. I also have a few Peg Turbos, Pegs, INFs, INVCS, ZFs etc. lol
Bro. I 100 agree with you after running in them today. Ordered from Runners Warehouse during the weekend. And got it yesterday.

Aesthetically, it’s definitely in line with the Nike running design expression (unlike the Invincibles). They’re very light like the VFs. They’re also a good running shoe. My issue is I have a few VFN, a AF, Endorphin Speed and a few others (Invincible and ER 1). I wouldn’t mind copping them on disco. But not paying the full price. Going to return the pair I bought.

SF is definitely lighter and better looking than the Endorphin Speeds. Maybe a lil more stable. But you can cop those with a discount and they have a plate.

At the same price point of $160 MSRP, IMO, it would be wiser to opt for the Endorphin Speed 2, which has GREAT versatility; Daily, Tempo and even Racing. It has a nylon plate with the Pebax foam (similar to ZoomX). You could probably find an Endorphin Pro 1 at the same price point, which was once Saucony's A1 Racer.

The SF looks nice and all, but, at retail, it's not worth it when other brand competitors are offering more tech and more value at a similar price point, IMHO. But hey, they're your funds. Spend them as you'd like. :smile:

Betting kipchoge will wear the Alphafly 2 for Tokyo, hoping for a sneaky Proto release soon

Af2.png

Pic from the vid. AF2 Looks SICK. The upper seems to be more light and less rigid on the front (it destroyed my big toe nails in long runs), much like Streakfly. Really curious UFO shape on the back, but I kindle love this ones. It would be PERFECT if they release them in March, just in time for my April marathon, but I guess it will be summer. What do you think?

Check your NRC inboxes! They just sent the 10% off reward for those who ran at least ten miles in February. I got three of them! LOL

0D66C634-AC88-44DF-B39D-929248FAA46C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom