Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

it was raining and Nike has some decent running pants and I think those are the Shield Phenoms

I run in the Swift pants when it's a bit chilly in the morning and they're pretty much like running in shorts but with a little more coverage

Just got the BC vaporfly today.

One thing to notice is that Nike have put a lot more of the white paint on this than the previous 2 colorways. Clearly don't want it peeling away like thh previous 2.

Attachments

• 20171106_140225.jpg
    20171106_140225.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Nobody runs a race, especially a marathon in pants. And it was 60 degrees. LMFAO

And over the ear headphones... WTF LOL

eh, those who doesn't care about time does

i've seen people run marathons in costumes for gods sake :lol:

60 degrees here in SoCal is cold especially after having a drought and still getting 100 degrees late in October :rofl: 60 degrees in the morning got me running in a beanie and a scarf

I think he finished closed to 4hrs too, which isn't too bad at all for a first marathon.

was it 5 hrs?

I could have swonr he said around 4hrs with a goal of 3:45 next year on his IG?

The more the NYC Marathon gets mentioned, the more I want to make this an ultimate goal to participate in 2018. I'm hoping I can make it happen. Want to get one more 1/2 marathon under my belt before I do however.

IMG_3241.JPG

Vicki Soto 5K I did on Saturday. Feels great to be running at this level. Looking forward to this 1/2 marathon in two weeks.

eh, those who doesn't care about time does

i've seen people run marathons in costumes for gods sake :lol:

Which is why I'll never do Bay to Breakers... I understand that it's supposed to be a fun race, but it's definitely not a thing for me, especially if some of those people who dress up in the costumes may make fun of people who run or stay active in general.

Nobody runs a race, especially a marathon in pants. And it was 60 degrees. LMFAO

And over the ear headphones... WTF LOL

I was thinking the same thing lol. I ran the San Francisco marathon earlier this year in the low mid 50's with fog and overcast as minimal as possible with short shorts, no shirt, light headphones and my Apple Watch (for pace, distance, and music source). I do want to try to get a pair of those pants rfx45 rfx45 mentioned for some training in the cold Bay Area winter! For anyone out there who got inspired to do a marathon after seeing NY over the weekend, don't doubt yourself you can do it. 12 years ago I couldn't run 1 mile without throwing up, just a little work and you'll get there!

Which is why I'll never do Bay to Breakers... I understand that it's supposed to be a fun race, but it's definitely not a thing for me, especially if some of those people who dress up in the costumes may make fun of people who run or stay active in general.

they don't really make fun of the serious runners, just like in Disney runs, it's all for fun and everyone gets to enjoy it

there's room for both

I was thinking the same thing lol. I ran the San Francisco marathon earlier this year in the low mid 50's with fog and overcast as minimal as possible with short shorts, no shirt, light headphones and my Apple Watch (for pace, distance, and music source). I do want to try to get a pair of those pants rfx45 rfx45 mentioned for some training in the cold Bay Area winter! For anyone out there who got inspired to do a marathon after seeing NY over the weekend, don't doubt yourself you can do it. 12 years ago I couldn't run 1 mile without throwing up, just a little work and you'll get there!

I'd love to do it if I can somehow rebuild knee strength to go the full 26.2!

Actually, this brings up a question for those training for a marathon. Do/did you guys train[ed] and [plan to] race[d] in the same Zoom VaporFly shoe, or have separate shoes for training?

they don't really make fun of the serious runners, just like in Disney runs, it's all for fun and everyone gets to enjoy it

there's room for both

Oh that's true, that's true. SMH @ me jumping to conclusions then haha

:smh: nikestore twitter response on the BC VF was a simple "stay tuned to this link for release updates."

Curious about the sizing, as I just want to give a size 10 a try. My 10.5 feels loose at times.

I'd love to do it if I can somehow rebuild knee strength to go the full 26.2!

Actually, this brings up a question for those training for a marathon. Do/did you guys train[ed] and [plan to] race[d] in the same Zoom VaporFly shoe, or have separate shoes for training?

I had all kinds of knee issues when I first started as well, bad enough to wear I had to get some physical therapy. Some were probably self inflicted from wearing horrible Nike Shox lol. I would really recommend going to a specialized running shoe store and getting an assessment to see exactly the type of shoe you need. I also really really recommend foam rolling ALL your muscles in your legs. For the longest time I had to wear a motion control type shoe cause my running form was out of control. When I switched over to a "motion control" shoe, the knee pains started going away. Since then I've been able to make adjustments on my running form to try to run more proper and the vapor flys have been working out great for me.

You guys should come to the bolder Boulder out here in Colorado. They do a 10k, and it is a blast. The whole town is out, and it is a party. They get the serious runners done in the morning, and then it just turns into a party along the route with slip and slides, Jell-O shots, trampolines, dancing Chick-fil-A cows, bands, and more. It ends in the football stadium here. There are usually at least 20-30 thousand people there in the stadium, and when the professionals come through, the place is pretty electric. It's the only race I've really done seriously, and it is always pretty fun.

Indeed. He had NRC coaches running along side him.

Did anyone end up buying the BC Vaporflys in NYC or through the app? Did they go through?

I am signed up for the Break Through event here in LA and hope we get an Eliud appearance and shot at Elites or early access to Vaporflys. My fingers are crossed for a Eastvay restock on Ice Blue VFs too,

Back
Top Bottom