Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

yah it seems like it'll last perfectly fine if you're a forefoot striker

I kind of wish I could see the sole closer though

the new ones ZF, the used ones VF

I'm pretty sure both are VF. You can tell by the slits in the upper of the forefoot and lack of flywire.

i cant really tell from the pic, even the upper on the bright crimsons looks like it has flywire

my eyes are getting old :lol:

yea, its on @vaporflyworldwide IG page.

going to follow up once I hit 250 mi on the ZF's, which should be by next week. i believe my last post was from when i just accumulated 150 mi on them. Anyone in here accumulate some high mileage on their ZF's? if so, any pics to share?

yea, its on @vaporflyworldwide IG page.

going to follow up once I hit 250 mi on the ZF's, which should be by next week. i believe my last post was from when i just accumulated 150 mi on them. Anyone in here accumulate some high mileage on their ZF's? if so, any pics to share?

These are my first pair of the ZF. I got them on the release day in June and put a good deal of mileage on them. I supinate so you'll see a lot of wear on the edges. I even wore them through to the plate. I don't wear them much now since I bought a pair of the SP but pulled them out for a rainy 5 mile race the other week and they still feel good.

Attachments

• IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 36
ZoomXRunner ZoomXRunner thanks for sharing! I too supinate. The white portion just recently started showing on the sole of mine but nothing compared to what you’ve posted. Just like you, they feel good despite the high mileage.

Wish there were some forefoot/midfoot strikers in here to share pics of their high mileage ZFs.

Believe the hype.

I ran a slow 10miler in the Hoka Clifton3s yesterday, and I felt they aren’t as soft as the VFs. And I used to think that the Cliftons were the most plush shoes I’ve ever run in!

I’ve had three runs in the ZFs, and I think they’re decent. You can feel the propulsion of CF-infused plate, but it’s not as noticeable as the VFs. I feel they still need more mileage to break in, as they’re pretty stiff right now. I’d use them as my daily trainer. I can’t wait to get the Ice Blue cw this week!

Last edited:
I was hoping the bright crimsons VFs came out already, dressed up as Scarlet Spider for the 10K and had to settle for the Lunarepics :lol:
scarlet spider costume2.JPG

ZoomXRunner ZoomXRunner thanks for sharing! I too supinate. The white portion just recently started showing on the sole of mine but nothing compared to what you’ve posted. Just like you, they feel good despite the high mileage.

Wish there were some forefoot/midfoot strikers in here to share pics of their high mileage ZFs.
I don't think I've ever seen such a high concentration of supinators anywhere. I'm one too. ZFs are working out okay for me so far....

Those are called the Vaporfly Street so maybe they will have something similar to the Zoom Fly cushioning? Or if it’s the Vaporfly 4% setup plus Flyknit they’d probably charge $300+.

maybe the street doesn't have the plate, if it's a lifestyle version then the plate isn't necessary

that's what i think as well. the plate is unnecessary and its what propels that wobbly feeling people experience. and it'll be cheaper without the carbon. lol

Dropped by the Nike Running Store in Pasadena and asked about the Vaporfly. The employee’s little iPhone type device showed a date of 12/14 for the Bright Crimson VF.

maybe the street doesn't have the plate, if it's a lifestyle version then the plate isn't necessary

That street version doesn't have the rubber on the heels though, just like the elites. I'm assuming it is meant for running, not walking/casual.

Back
Top Bottom