NikeTalk Essentials: Outkast (completed pg. 7)

^^^i can definitely feel those changes. Although i REALLY think Mainstream deserves to be on this list somewhere, Y'all Scared and Growing Old would probably be my next 2 choices to get put on.

yea me too i forgot about mainstream, i think that should replace so fresh, so clean.

as you can tell i like older kast alot more. :lol:
laugh.gif

FreshPrince[/b]​

i kinda understand having a big boi solo and andre solo (especially b/c "a life in the day..." is so dope) but i don't think "the way you move" should be on there. not really feelin "the mighty o" being on there either. yes, it is where they stand right now, but i don't really feel that it's essential. imo i think 13th floor/growing old has to be on there.
[/i]

AIM: jmSOfresh

Yall, have to understand, this is the 'ESSENTIAL' Outkast, if you could ONLY have 15 tracks to show them. It's a good list.

1 - Southernplayalistic...
2 - Git Up, Git Out
3 - Benz or Beamer
4 - ATLiens
5 - Elevators
6 - Return of the G
7 - Aquemini
8 - SpottieOttieDopaliscious
9 - Da Art of Storytellin 1
10 - So Fresh, So Clean
11 - Ms. Jackson
12 - B.O.B.
13 - The Way You Move - I would replace this with Moris Brown
14 - A Life In the Day ... - I would replace this with Skew It on the BarB.
15 - Mighty "O"

It's a very 'safe' list. I would still like to see Neck of Da Woods on there.

I'm addicted to the bounce...

You ain't a N because you you a N because of how you act.
Submit a track to the NT Mixtape!!

YO! ^ Most definitely, "safe" was what I was going for. I'd like to see "Crumblin' Erb" and "In Due Time" on there. But I didn't want it to be my list, you dig? "The Way You Move" is on there pretty much to balance all the love for "A Life in the Day..." (plus it's pretty much their second biggest song ever). But since this is NikeTalk's essentials and not some Time or 21st Century Masters collection, a good five of those are up for removal. So as it stands:

1 - Southernplayalistic...
2 - Git Up, Git Out
3 - Benz or Beamer
4 - ATLiens
5 - Elevators
6 - 13th Floor/Growing Old
7 - Return of the G
8 - Aquemini
9 - SpottieOttieDopaliscious
10 - Da Art of Storytellin 1
11 - So Fresh, So Clean
12 - Ms. Jackson
13 - B.O.B.
14 - The Way You Move
15 - A Life In the Day ...
Out - Mighty "O"

Notion, second? Any more? DF!!!
[/b]​

c'mon Ant...at least put Mainstream in there...
listenin to it right now. sick...just sick...

-J-
ed forth from Thy Hand, that Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be......
In Nomine Patris....et Filii....et Spiritus Sancti[/i][/b]​

The list is ok. I would've liked to see "Player's Ball" and "Synthesizer" on the list. Other than that, great choices. :D
happy.gif
DF!

players ball and hootie hoo has to be on the list...

of the two.. i think PLAYERS BALL has to be on the list!!...

for real do.. how can u leave off PLAYERS BALL??

PLAYERS BALL WAS THE OUTKAST ANTHEM IN THE EARLY DAYS...

u left of players ball.. for real... it has to be on there....
<<<<<<<<<<BAYAREA>>>>>>>>>

Seriously, I thought Player's Ball was a given. If I'm not mistaken isn't that the first song they ever recorded? Off of the La Face Christmas album?

Also : It's hard to decipher the difference between a great and a classic song, because songs like So Fresh, So Clean and Rosa Parks became so overplayed that they, to some degree, started getting a little old on the ears. I think that if Rosa Parks had never been a single it would be on this list no question.

Mainstream and 13th floor/growing old HAVE to be on it. :nerd:
nerd.gif
imho, that's two of Outkast's best songs ever. also, i wish "Slump" could be on it but i guess not enough ppl like it.

i agree with the first half of the list...not so much the second half...so fresh so clean, ms jackson, bob, way you move, mighty O are all great songs...but chances people have heard these in their life times more than once....id like to think of this compilation we are making like a "if you didnt dig those singles, then check this stuff out- itll blow your mind" type thing...they are great songs, but there are better ones that werent singles that should be on the list...

but i get the stance ant has took with making it a safe list...but for god sakes man put players ball on there...haha
[/center]

YO!
Quote:
^^^^^I agree, swap southerpplayalistic with Players Ball

Not gonna happen. "Southernplayalistic..." is a given. However; I'd like to see "Player's Ball" on there so:

1 - Player's Ball or Player's Ball (reprise)
2 - What gets dropped to add it?

DF!!!
[/b]​

drop The Way You Move for Player's Ball (original). As much as I love the reprise, gotta go with the original.
it needs to 16 so you can include Mainstream.

-J-
ed forth from Thy Hand, that Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be......
In Nomine Patris....et Filii....et Spiritus Sancti[/i][/b]​

althought i love Aquemini.... thats the track i would remove to add Players Ball... or else i would go with Benz or Beamer... although both songs are hot... it would be one of those two... i know its like asking what one of ur kids u love the most... but for real players ball gots to be on there... its like forgetting about your first born kid.. u cant do it....

AND IT HAS TO BE THE OG.!!!!!!!!!

LEAVING OFF PLAYERS BALL IS LIKE LEAVING C.R.E.A.M. OFF OF THE WU-TANG LIST.

u just cant do it....
<<<<<<<<<<BAYAREA>>>>>>>>>

i agree with the new list for sure. I'd like mainstream on there, but i aint trippin because the rest of the list is pretty much essential kast anyway, so no big deal.

But, if you were to put either Mainstream or Player's Ball on there, which i definitely support, i say take off the way you move, or if you're hell bent on having a big boi solo track, then i'd take off benz or beamer.

YO! Let me let you all in on a secret...

Benz or Beamer is the greatest song of all time

So scratch "The Way You Move" for Player's Ball? DF!!!
[/b]​

Quote:
11 - So Fresh, So Clean
12 - Ms. Jackson
13 - B.O.B.

take 1 or 2 of those off and switch it with something. we can't have all 3 big singles from Stankonia on there. my vote is for Ms. Jackson to get the boot. and i think Hey Ya should replace The Way You Move.....it was a bigger song, and it's a better song IMO....

EDIT: i just noticed Rosa Parks isn't on there. that HAS to replace Ms. Jackson...that was the biggest single off both ATLiens & Aquemini

Back
Top Bottom