NIKETALK in TIME MAGAZINE

TIME MAGAZINE,
MARCH 13, 2006
20060313_107.jpg

dsc001495rh.jpg

Quote:
The hot resale market online and in sneaker consignment shops like New York City's Flight Club can make flipping shoes a lucrative side job. Laurent Touma, 31, a financial consultant in Miami, says he makes $1,500 a month buying and selling Nikes and Adidas on eBay, where an original Air Jordan I in metallic blue, which retailed at $65 in 1985, sold for $2,001 in January. "In the vintage business, the sneaker has become like a Rolex," says Touma. to study pictures posted online to help identify fakes.[/b]

Link to story: www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1169903,00.html

Haha that's good I guess. Watch we get another influx of new members from that article alone.

Not to mention the jealousy those " other " sites have in the exposure of this board. :lol:
laugh.gif

[/b]​
s?ref=4kPYZAZ-Ac4BzA6eVDt7KMckhzE]Join BLINGO for your chance to win prizes every hour![/url]​
aka AIR JORDAN TWO3 OG Member since '00​

WOW you know what that means right..........every one and they mama is going to try to get any hyped release this year cause its the "In" thing to do....thank god for hookups.

conversation rules the nation my friends.....

let make a scoreboard...

NT - 1

ISS - 0

Nsb.org - 0

pics?
TEAM SD #10 (TEAM DIME)
your comment was hella brokeback.

Well we "are" The Ultimate Online Sneaker Community...

Consultants as shoeheads/resellers... :smh:
nono.gif
/ :smile:
smile.gif

just great...
Rational Elitists Led Into God's InfernalOpposition's Noose

NikeTalk members "menace5star" and "C2 CUSTOMS" are both mentioned and quoted in the story.

yea NT got mentioned in a local newpaper last week ~ grabbed it so i could post but i forgot....i think it was the Pheonix or the Weekly dig....but Time is big
<i><center><span style="font-family:century gothic; color:yellow;font-size:x-large;">...In the mean ti<span style="color:white;">me, Get Money...</span></span></center></i>

Quote:
The hot resale market online and in sneaker consignment shops like New York City's Flight Club can make flipping shoes a lucrative side job. Laurent Touma, 31, a financial consultant in Miami, says he makes $1,500 a month buying and selling Nikes and Adidas on eBay, where an original Air Jordan I in metallic blue, which retailed at $65 in 1985, sold for $2,001 in January. "In the vintage business, the sneaker has become like a Rolex," says Touma.

Just what we need. Pretty soon you're going to see suits in line to buy up all the Js. I remember awhile back when I was able to go after my Saturday morning bball games and still cop my pair.
The best player in the ACC[/b]​

^^ Hell you been? :wow:
eek.gif

NT gone commercial...regular dudes is not gon' be able to get sneakers anymore...

Well guys, it's been a good run. I'll see ya'll in the next lifetime.
April 23 1848
Rebecca died of typhoid.

EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAS DIED. MANY WAGONS FAIL TO MAKE IT ALL THE WAY TO OREGON. DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR EPITAPH?

Back
Top Bottom