Niketalk Racial Thread #8977564567545 "What's it like to be _____"

I'm black and I love this stuff.

You still have to learn english bruh.

I laughed!

I'm black and my blood line is African. (first generation born American)
It's absolutely incredible! Seriously, I love our food, culture, our women, differences, languages. I mean granted, I've never lived as anything else, but I certainly wouldn't change it for anything.
As for black American people talking about a "white mans world", my question to you, is why don't you move to another country? There's plenty of opportunities in various developing countries for educated, experienced black people to thrive.

because as ****** as america is and we get treated here. my people suffered and endured the worst types of pain for me to live here and be free.

The funny thing is as an African American male I get more hate from Africans because they feel like we are all lazy and loud which is sad and hurts at the same damn time, being a black man is demanding, everyday you just want to make it home without the cops trying to kill you or your own people trying to kill you, hope some white lady doesn't say you tried to Rob/Rape her, self hatred from your own ethnicity, list goes on and on, but I would kill myself if I were any other ethnicity, I love being a black man, no other culture will ever be better, of we would only come together(Africans and black Americans) the ******g power we would have but sadly I probably will never see this in my lifetime

yeah, some africans treat AA's as bad or worst than whites. with prejudice i'll never understand. regardless of how lazy the current generations are. the older ones made you able to be here.

white. go through the same problems as everyone else. (cops bugging me, people glaring at me, screwed over by companys)
i just dont blame it on my skin color

word? don't blame your ignorance on your skin color either.

I love being Hispanic, our music, our family values, our women, being bilingual, the list goes on.

I'm Dominican. Born and practically raised... I speak Spanish and all. White people think I'm black, black people think I'm white.. It's pretty funny actually. When people find out I'm Dominican; they expect to be loud, obnoxious and the "center of attention". That's the complete opposite of me. I'm quiet and usually mind my business. The sterotypes sometimes piss me off. I'm me! A couple of months ago, I was in the gym listening to some metal. And some dude stops and asks me why I'm listening to "that stuff".. Seriously? I listen to everything except country and some people are in disbelief about what kind of music I listen to.

Both of these. But I'm trilingual though, I know how to read and speak French as well besides English and Spanish >D

Last edited:
Reactions: jjs
I'm Portuguese/Spanish, which makes me European, which in essence makes me White, but I have to mark Hispanic on the list. I'm confused just typing that (America is crazy and all over the place)

It's pretty awesome tho, wouldn't change it for the world. I speak 3 languages and love visiting Portugal/Spain to see family all the time. Love the food, culture, and women as well. I can also mix it up with the Hispanic and Brazilian communities since I speak the language. A darker southern-european version of Don Draper :smokin

I'm pretty tan, tall, and have dark features. Since I grew up in a very multi-cultural city Black people would call me a white boy since I didn't quite look like other Hispanics in the area who were darker and had curly hair. Hispanics especially Puerto-Rican & Dominican dudes hated on me because I spoke Spanish but had straight hair and was lighter. When I moved to the Suburbs in High School White-American's had no idea, they thought I was either Italian, Hispanic, and I even got Persian before. Italian-Americans always thought I was Italian but once I said what I was they thought I was some dude from South America.

The American girls love it from what I've experienced. I've been with White girls, Hispanic girls, and mixed girls; I'm pretty open to any of them. I guess I can pass for a lot of things but it's pretty cool keeping people you meet guessing, makes it intriguing, quite fun.

Last edited:
white. go through the same problems as everyone else. (cops bugging me, people glaring at me, screwed over by companys)
Real talk white people got it made unless you live in a trailer park, always reminds me of that chris rock joke" no white man would trade places with me and I am rich",it's just simple white ignorance and until you get that then you will never understand minority plight and I hate the race card with the passion but I guarantee you would never want to be a black male, hell Hispanics/latinos don't even want to be compared to us and we have a lot in common and that's sad

Last edited:
Real talk white people got it made unless you live in a trailer park, always reminds me of that chris rock joke" no white man would trade places with me and I am rich",it's just simple white ignorance and until you get that then you will never understand minority plight and I hate the race card with the passion but I guarantee you would never want to be a black male, hell Hispanics/latinos don't even want to be compared to us and we have a lot in common and that's sad

please explain.

I love being Hispanic, our music, our family values, our women, being bilingual, the list goes on.

this, except i wish i spoke an additional language on top of english and spanish...

You still have to learn english bruh.

I saw this coming, yet it still came out of nowhere :lol: :lol:

To anybody posters responding to a 5 5 a 5 5 i n, don't even try to explain common sense things to him. It's like feeling every single teeth in existence.

Last edited:
please explain.
Explain what that if you are poor of any color you lack perspective or knowledge of the world and just see things in black and white but even still as a white poor person there is no excuse for you not to suceed, sorry as stupid as it sounds you skin color is your meal ticket, you are not judged or monolithically painted with a brush as uneducated, deadbeat, robbers. to explain how Hispanics/blacks are truly like one another everything from our food to religion to family we all share a common bond but we stay divided, when I am in la tension is crazy even when you try to holla at Latinas it's taboo as ****, my homeboy ( which I knew back in hs until recently) knew I was a good guy, started talking to his sister, even ask him if it was cool and he didn't trip until we started getting serious and he just came out one day and was like I don't want my sister dating a ******, needless to say we plexed( Texas slang) and lost a good friend and a really down *** chick over race. As much as everybody wants to believe we live in a post racial society, you really do see segregation everyday from the news to social media to just walking around town and seeing different neighborhoods that are generally one dominant ethnicity then the other but as a black male(and someone who likes to explore and is open minded) you still have to be wary of your surroundings because some people don't like outsiders or truly believe the **** they see on television to give them the sense that all black males/ females are ignorant or loud or selfish or disrespectful but like I said at the end of the day I love being black, ain't no better feeling in the world from all the accomplishments and inventions we gave to this country, don't hate it just wish things would change so everybody could just live. It that **** will never happen, not in my life time

Last edited:
Most of us cant just up and move .Im a college student I cant say yo peace to america i got alot stuff here and jsut cant randomly move .But lets just say I will be in the land of the rising sun permanently if everything works out as planned this summer.

I never said it was easy. But from my travels in my rather short life, I've learned that many people have made similar decisions and done what it takes to get to where they want to be. It's not a decision and implementation that is completed in a matter of weeks. I'm just laying the option on the table for folks who are willing to make a long term decision that could benefit them. Hell, I've even seen folks go to different countries as backpackers and now they have jobs and their own places to live etc.

Good luck on your journey to the East though.

please explain.

A white person's perspective on the Trayvon Martin case which I found very interesting...It may in part explain the "got it made" comment.

"I will never look suspicious to you. Even if I have a black hoodie, a pair of jeans and white sneakers on...in fact, that is what I wore yesterday...I still will never look suspicious. No matter how much the hoodie covers my face or how baggie my jeans are, I will never look out of place to you. I will never watch a taxi cab pass me by to pick someone else up. I will never witness someone clutch their purse tightly against their body as they walk by me. I won't have to worry about a police car following me for two miles, so they can "run my plates." I will never have to pay before I eat. And I certainly will never get "stopped and frisked." I will never look suspicious to you, because of one thing and one thing only. The color of my skin. I am white.

I was born white. It was the card I was dealt. No choice in the matter. Just the card handed out by the dealer. I have lived my whole life privileged. Privileged to be born without a glass ceiling. Privileged to grow up in the richest country in the world. Privileged to never look suspicious. I have no guilt for the color of my skin or the privilege that I have. Remember, it was just the next card that came out of the deck. But, I have choices. I got choices on how I play the hand I was dealt. I got a lot of options. The ball is in my court.

So, today I decided to hit the ball. Making a choice. A choice to stand up for Trayvon Martin. 17 years old. black. innocent. murdered with a bag of skittles and a bottle of ice tea in his hands. "Suspicious." that is what the guy who killed him said he looked like cause he had on a black hoodie, a pair of jeans and white sneakers. But, remember I had on that same outfit yesterday. And yes my Air Force Ones were "brand-new" clean. After all, I was raised in hip-hop...part of our dress code. I digress. Back to Trayvon and the gated community in Sanford, Florida, where he was visiting his father.

I got a lot of emails about Trayvon. I have read a lot of articles. I have seen a lot of television segments. The message is consistent. Most of the commentators, writers, op-ed pages agree. Something went wrong. Trayvon was murdered. Racially profiled. Race. America's elephant that never seems to leave the room. But, the part that doesn't sit well with me is that all of the messengers of this message are all black too. I mean, it was only two weeks ago when almost every white person I knew was tweeting about stopping a brutal African warlord from killing more innocent children. And they even took thirty minutes out of their busy schedules to watch a movie about dude. They bought t-shirts. Some bracelets. Even tweeted at Rihanna to take a stance. But, a 17 year old American kid is followed and then ultimately killed by a neighborhood vigilante who happens to be carrying a semi-automatic weapon and my white friends are quiet. Eerily quiet. Not even a trending topic for the young man.

We've heard the 911 calls. We seen the 13 year old witness. We've read the letter from the alleged killer's father. We listened to the anger of the family's attorney. We've felt the pain of Trayvon's mother. For heaven's sake, for 24 hours he was a deceased John Doe at the hospital because even the police couldn't believe that maybe he LIVES in the community. There are still some facts to figure out. There are still some questions to be answered. But, let's be clear. Let's be very, very clear. Before the neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, started following him against the better judgement of the 911 dispatcher. Before any altercation. Before any self-defense claim. Before Travyon's cries for help were heard on the 911 tapes. Before the bullet hit him dead in the chest. Before all of this. He was suspicious. He was suspicious. suspicious. And you know, like I know, it wasn't because of the hoodie or the jeans or the sneakers. Cause I had on that same outfit yesterday and no one called 911 saying I was just wandering around their neighborhood. It was because of one thing and one thing only. Trayvon is black.

So I've made the choice today to tell my white friends that the rights I take for granted are only valid if I fight to give those same rights to others. The taxi cab. The purse. The meal. The police car. The police. These are all things I've taken for granted.

So, I fight for Trayvon Martin. I fight for Amadou Diallo. I fight for Rodney King. I fight for every young black man who looks "suspicious" to someone who thinks they have the right to take away their freedom to walk through their own neighborhood. I fight against my own stereotypes and my own suspicions. I fight for people whose ancestors built this country, literally, and who are still treated like second class citizens. Being quiet is not an option, for we have been too quiet for too long."

http://globalgrind.com/news/michael...immerman-race-sanford-florida-photos-pictures

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think blacks care too much about appearing successful in white culture.
This makes us crap on the successful members of our society.
Take Tyler Perry for example,
The guy is one of the most well paid film makers today, and worked extremely hard to take his
plays to the big screen. But because EW, Newsweek,Rolling Stone, etc. says his movies
are stupid, we say their stupid. I think it's because he has majority black casts that are southern
and down-homey. He's making 100s of millions due in large to the black community, but
he's crapped on. Film is subjective like any other art form, good or bad depends on the viewer,
but this crap is crazy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think blacks care too much about appearing successful in white culture.
The guy is one of the most well paid film makers today, and worked extremely hard to take his
plays to the big screen. But because EW, Newsweek,Rolling Stone, etc. says his movies
are stupid, we say their stupid. I think it's because he has majority black casts that are southern
and down-homey. He's making 100s of millions due in large to the black community, but
he's crapped on. Film is subjective like any other art form, good or bad depends on the viewer,
but this crap is crazy.

I thought the reason we hated Tyler Perry was his constant depiction of the dark black male being an agressive, woman beating, torturous man, and the black woman as an angel who does no wrong.

Or am I wrong?

but this crap is crazy.

I thought the reason we hated Tyler Perry was his constant depiction of the dark black male being an agressive, woman beating, torturous man, and the black woman as an angel who does no wrong.

Or am I wrong?
True, but i'll give Tyler the benefit of the doubt by saying that he loves to tell the same story over and over.

Back
Top Bottom