NIKETALK, recommend me car under $8000

I'm planning to get a used car but idk much about cars (is that a bad thing if i'm a guy?
eyes.gif
). Just want a decent car that isn't slow and whatnot. I kinda have in minda 2002 Jetta 1.8t, but unsure about VW's reliability. Any help would be appreciated, thx.

I don't think it's a bad thing.

I had an '02 VW Golf, had shiploads of electrical problems.. Engine light would be on for no reason, passenger window once fell and shattered in the door,headlights would go out, tail lights would go out.. Performance was on point, it's just those electrical problems that really gets to you.

Did you try craiglist?

Originally Posted by Nktran001

I don't think it's a bad thing.

I had an '02 VW Golf, had shiploads of electrical problems.. Engine light would be on for no reason, passenger window once fell and shattered in the door, headlights would go out, tail lights would go out.. Performance was on point, it's just those electrical problems that really gets to you.

Did you try craiglist?
How much did the electrical problems run you? And yes, i've tried craiglist. A whole lot of them in the portland area seem to have very highmileage
tired.gif

Acura TL 3.2, Probably be able to get an 00 or 01 with that money. I have a 99 and love it.

Of course the mileage is going to be high. What's the max mileage you're aiming for?

The electrical problems were all paid for through VW themselves because it occurs to a lot of VW owners.

But the head lights, and tail lights were paid from my own pockets.. and those little bulbs aren't cheap.

Within a month, I had probably changed the lights about 2 times.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CrunkJuicedUp

Ive seen a few Nissan 350Z's and G35's around $9000 if your looking for the sports car type or if u can get the extra grand together.
I actually wouldn't mind a sports car but $8000 is already pushing my limit

Don't get a sports car with that many miles, they're bound to be trashed and abused. I'd rather get a civic/corolla or accord/camry for that moneyand use the rest to fix anything wrong with it.

Didn't think anyone would actually go and look at cars for me
laugh.gif
Appreciated nonetheless. Anyways, yeah i've checked those out already (except for the Turbo diesel and the GTI). The thing with the 01'models is that they have less HP then the 02-05 models which i've found have about 30 more HP

you're best bet is to get a car that you can afford.

2000+ accords 4 cyl and camry 4 cyl. should be around 5-6k and should leave you enough money for insurance, maintenance and emergency funds. don't blow allyour money on the car and then be stuck with it when it needs service.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

2002 Lexus IS300 should fetch around your price range.
I searched that on craigslist and they have 1 that is in my price range, i'll be looking into it tomorrow, thx. But i'd still like moreideas NT!

Back
Top Bottom