• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
also we aren't going to sit here and act like they didn't get david wise back to produce music for tropical freeze sans relationship with rare (although IMO he didn't do as good of a job as he did on dkc1-3 at all).

or like they can't pick up the phone and contact koji kondo and push koji to create better music for some of their AAA titles outside of Mario and sonic or Mario tennis or whatever other bull he produces music for nowadays.

I’m sorry what is the problem?
Some people would prefer a more traditional, powerful console from Nintendo as opposed to "gimmicks" such as motion sensor controls, dual screens, hybrid portability, 4k over 720p etc. Also some people are not pleased with Nintendo's output compared to the SNES era when we were getting classics back to back such as Super Mario World, DKC 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG etc.

It's whatever at this point :lol: PS5 on the way baby :smokin

I dunno I been loving the Switch and from what I can tell it has been dropping bangers one after another.

the issue I see is a personal one in that I have too many games.

but yeah to each their own.

I realized we're getting a Pokemon direct, not a Nintendo direct. My excitement is back to 0 :lol:

I totally understand the want of Nintendo being a home console juggernaut again but nes and snes was the damn 90s man :lol:

I knew they was off that when they dropped the Wii. They on some stay active, go anywhere and play steez.

You'd be better off hoping Nintendo started licensing their games off to Sony and Microsoft (which they will never do).

With the continuous competition of the Xbox and PlayStation I can see why Nintendo hasn't created one advanced console focused on graphics and gameplay while still doing innovative stuff like the switch. It'll eventually get left behind

Last edited:
Some of you are part of the reason nintendo games never go on sale, the reason they were behind on certain apps on their systems, why the games never really go on sale, why they lacked online, why we dont have dlc for games that were clearly rushed, why third parties shy away, etc. Etc.
#nintendoapologists

But yeah whatever. To each his own.
if i'm stuck in the 90s for wanting a better system (I have similar yet different complaints with sony but that's for another thread) and wanting Nintendo to focus on making quality games full of content (without the need to beg for dlc because the game is barebones) and quality systems without gimmicks then it is what it is.

I’ve owned every system Nintendo has ever put out in some shape or form and the Switch is by far my favorite
to each his own but IMO that's wild if you were born anywhere in the 80's.

to me that's like preferring hip hop and r&b nowadays vs the 90s or whatever.

Last edited:
debso debso wants a seat in the Nintendo marketing board room.
I guarantee i'd surround myself with the right ppl and we'd get a system on par with the nes/genesis/snes/psx days and be a bridge for this generational gap that obviously exists.

I guarantee i'd surround myself with the right ppl and we'd get a system on par with the nes/genesis/snes/psx days and be a bridge for this generational gap that obviously exists.
Can’t wait for the first Mario game under this new direction you’re taking Nintendo

Real-Life-Mario_o_32822.jpg

You do realize that the Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 by a mile right?

Or the the Switch has already outsold the Xbox One in less than half of its lifespan and it well on its way to outselling the PS4 at this pace

buggin’ :lol:

corny.

and yeah like I said, the analogy to hip hop and r&b nowadays vs the 80's/90's is spot on.

sales =/= quality consoles and games

keep copping what these companies push, no questions asked, and change won't happen at all.

it feels like i'm talking to someone that grew up with gamecube as their first system or something.

fwiw i'm no sony or Microsoft fanboy either.

who from my generation wants to cop a game only to not be able to just put it into the system and play from the start.
you have to d/l instruction manuals
upload the game to the system
d/l system updates plus game updates
deal with load times

all before you actually play games nowadays. and these games don't even have:

-good music
-a decent single player campaign
-all the content from the start; dlc is a given

but a lot of you accept that plus being nickle and dimed (and beg for it too in the form of dlc!) and that's cool. do you, but i'ma do me.

i'm not going to be quiet about that, either. that's sucker **** IMO.

corny.

and yeah like I said, the analogy to hip hop and r&b nowadays vs the 80's/90's is spot on.

sales =/= quality consoles and games

keep copping what these companies push, no questions asked, and change won't happen at all.

it feels like i'm talking to someone that grew up with gamecube as their first system or something.
Nah i respect your opinion but the fact is that you’re pushing a formula that has failed multiple times in the past vs a formula that has been successful more often than not

To you, your point of leverage for your argument is the success of the NES+SNES when not only were those systems from damn near 30 years ago, but Nintendo had no real competition and the landscape of video games was completely different from today

I know you have your obvious 90s bias and you wanna think it’s all black and white but it’s not and you’re not providing context for anything you’re saying

The crux of your argument is basically “It worked in the past so there’s no reason it can’t happen now”

On top of that you’re pushing this narrative that Nintendo’s quality of games has been subpar for awhile now when that simply ain’t the case

Name me one Nintendo game outside of the Pokémon series that did ridiculous numbers but was a bad game

Like, s-blaze s-blaze said, it just seems like you’re stuck between what you like and how things have changed

Im a Nintendo fanboy sure but I still have a grip of criticisms and issues about decisions they make and practices

They’re not perfect by a long shot either, I’m just trying to defend a formula which is obviously working for them vs one that never did once they had real competition

how has it failed? Nintendo went left when all signs suggested to go right. Nintendo made that choice with the 64, hence the loss of squaresoft and third parties and it never recovered from that.
it embraced gimmicks to stay afloat and to generate profit afterwards.
you can't say it failed when Nintendo abandoned it and there were no indications of it failing.

the reason we're even talking about sony in 2020 as far as consoles is specifically because of what happened back then. period.

you could see it plain as day in video game magazines back then. you can literally read about the transition and the thoughts and all of that in gamepro/gameplayers/gamefan/egm/etc.

it was def felt once psx pushed ffVII and everything after it on us.
Nintendo had pilot wings and Mario 64...then I think like mortal kombat and killer instinct gold. that couldn't compete with psx's lineup and perfect dark, golden eye and oot/majora's mask still didn't put it on par with psx.

and if you're referring to something like dreamcast, dreamcast failed because of bootlegging.

how has it failed? Nintendo went left when all signs suggested to go right. Nintendo made that choice with the 64, hence the loss of squaresoft and third parties and it never recovered from that.
it embraced gimmicks to stay afloat and to generate profit afterwards.
you can't say it failed when Nintendo abandoned it and there were no indications of it failing.

the reason we're even talking about sony in 2020 as far as consoles is specifically because of what happened back then. period.

you could see it plain as day in video game magazines back then. you can literally read about the transition and the thoughts and all of that in gamepro/gameplayers/gamefan/egm/etc.

it was def felt once psx pushed ffVII and everything after it on us.
Nintendo had pilot wings and Mario 64...then I think like mortal kombat and killer instinct gold. that couldn't compete with psx's lineup and perfect dark, golden eye and oot/majora's mask still didn't put it on par with psx.

and if you're referring to something like dreamcast, dreamcast failed because of bootlegging.
Outside of development issues you gotta understand that regardless of what was going on, Sony was always and will always have more money to throw at 3rd party developers because they’re a global conglomerate and not just a video game company like Nintendo

But to your point, yeah Nintendo for sure goofed during the development of the 64 by turning Sony away but that just fuels my argument ever more so present day

That horse has been beaten dead thee times over already so in 2020 what exactly do you really think needs to be fixed or bridged in what Nintendo is doing when the numbers are SCREAMING nothing is broken?

Your argument that sales don’t equate to quality definitely exists in other medians but certainly not video game consoles

To you, your point of leverage for your argument is the success of the NES+SNES when not only were those systems from damn near 30 years ago, but Nintendo had no real competition and the landscape of video games was completely different from today
sega gave Nintendo comp (master system-dc although Saturn plus dc was a failure for sega financially due to a super expensive system (Saturn was 499.99 when it initially dropped in the u.s.) followed by bootlegging on their follow up system).
sony gave Nintendo comp (best believe there was competition and sony rose to the top during the 64/psx days).

Nintendo took an L. it could not compete with sony's lineup when it came to rpg's and fighting games from third parties.

I know you have your obvious 90s bias and you wanna think it’s all black and white but it’s not and you’re not providing context for anything you’re saying
I could provide context AND sources. I still have a couple of video game magazines from back then and I have excellent memory. I too have owned every single Nintendo system (and sony and sega) as well and I've been a hardcore gamer since back then.

The crux of your argument is basically “It worked in the past so there’s no reason it can’t happen now”
no, the crux of my argument is that Nintendo, as well as others, should care more about the consumer and at least match what they provided to us before instead of cutting corners and nickel and diming us.

On top of that you’re pushing this narrative that Nintendo’s quality of games has been subpar for awhile now when that simply ain’t the case
Mario maker was great but it was barebones. it lacked content. it lacked basic tools and ppl begged for dlc the entire life cycle of the game.
ppl thought things would be different for part 2 yet here we are.

source: gamefaqs.com

now i'm at work so I can't provide a direct link to specific topics and all that right now because that site is blocked here.

Name me one Nintendo game outside of the Pokémon series that did ridiculous numbers but was a bad game
moving goal posts? why exclude pokemon? is it not an AAA title?

moving goal posts? why exclude pokemon? is it not an AAA title?
Nintendo owns Pokémon but it doesn’t develop, nor oversee development of those games

That’s handled entirely by the Pokémon company and GameFreak

Pokémon games are about as close as you can get to being straight up 3rd party developed games without actually being one because Nintendo owns the license under their big umbrella

sticker star is one off the top of my head but it depends on what you consider good sales. what kind of numbers are we talking?

Back
Top Bottom