• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone know if the NES Classic will play original cartridges in addition to the built in games? I see there is a cartridge compartment
Thx
The door doesn't open so there's no way of playing actual cartridges. You can't download/add games either. It's basically a plug n' play toy.

I hope this is the console where Nintendo finally wises up and gives us another Pokémon stadium.

Crazy how far Nintendo has fallen from grace. The marketing & sales department of Nintendo needs to be reformed. It's a two man race between Microsoft & Sony. Nintendo is on the verge of being wiped out. Not like Sega, but they aren't relevant.

Disagree. Now with the success of Pokemon Go, as well as their continued dominance of the handheld market, Nintendo are doing very well. And they did win the last generation with "2 GameCube's taped together".

The Wii U is done for, but people and developers are excited for the NX. I've personally had some of the best memories playing Mario Kart 8 with friends and watching my 3 year old son build crazy maps and beating some stages in Super Mario Maker. For me, the Wii U is a success and I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
Think I will get a Classic Mini. Can't argue at that price and it would be really difficult to find the original cartridges in good working order.

Crazy how far Nintendo has fallen from grace. The marketing & sales department of Nintendo needs to be reformed. It's a two man race between Microsoft & Sony. Nintendo is on the verge of being wiped out. Not like Sega, but they aren't relevant
Crazy how far Nintendo has fallen from grace. The marketing & sales department of Nintendo needs to be reformed. It's a two man race between Microsoft & Sony. Nintendo is on the verge of being wiped out. Not like Sega, but they aren't relevant.

Disagree. Now with the success of Pokemon Go, as well as their continued dominance of the handheld market, Nintendo are doing very well. And they did win the last generation with "2 GameCube's taped together".

The Wii U is done for, but people and developers are excited for the NX. I've personally had some of the best memories playing Mario Kart 8 with friends and watching my 3 year old son build crazy maps and beating some stages in Super Mario Maker. For me, the Wii U is a success and I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Had no idea Pokemon Go was developed by Nintendo. :wow:

And I haven't heard any hype for NX but i'll take your word for it.

Super mario is the highest selling franchise of all time.
Pokemon is #2
Nintendo issnt going anywhere

Nintendo as a business is a success because it has a history of making lots of money. Sure they did not win the respective generations of consoles for the N64, GameCube, and WiiU, but still they made money. Their handhelds have won every single generation, even with competition from Sony with their PSP. There are widely used animated gifs that show the Nintendo DS is basically a money printer. Nintendo definitely isn't going the way of Sega.

I love gaming and consider myself a biased and arrogant Sega fanboy turned multiplatform fan. I'm just glad to see Nintendo get some relevance in the mainstream after all these years, probably not seen or heard of since the NES days. Middle aged businessmen and grandparents are playing Pokemon Go. It's crazy.

Last edited:
I could see Nintendo going strictly software if the NX fails.

Super Mario on PS4/X1 :nerd:

Nintendo would make far more money if they made Mario/Pokemon for mobile.

Consoles aren't even scratching the surface in comparison to that the iPhone is moving.

Worst come to worst, drop super mario just like they did Pokemon in app stores, and Nintendo washes the competition.

Nintendo just showed that they will never go away. Pokemon has a buzz like its '97 all over again. I don't even think they've made it to where players can battle each other on Pokemon GO. Once that happens expect for pandemonium. Mario is the epitome of video games. Zelda will always change the face of gaming. Nintendo is teflon.

Nintendo just showed that they will never go away. Pokemon has a buzz like its '97 all over again. I don't even think they've made it to where players can battle each other on Pokemon GO. Once that happens expect for pandemonium. Mario is the epitome of video games. Zelda will always change the face of gaming. Nintendo is teflon.

They need the build a console that can run FIFA aNd Madden

You managed to out Antidope , Antidope.

Congrats fam.

I'm just glad to see Nintendo get some relevance in the mainstream after all these years, probably not seen or heard of since the NES days. Middle aged businessmen and grandparents are playing Pokemon Go. It's crazy.

I wouldn't go that far. The Wii in combination with Wii Sports was pretty similar to what's happening now.

Consoles aren't even scratching the surface in comparison to that the iPhone is moving.

Worst come to worst, drop super mario just like they did Pokemon in app stores, and Nintendo washes the competition.
Mario on PS4/X1 would still do numbers. Mario Kart Wii sold like 30M+ (most were probably bundled with the Wii) imagine how much more it would have sold if it were on PS/Xbox. I'd have to think that a game selling 10M+ at $50-$60 would be more profitable than a free mobile game. I'm curious to see how many people are going to stick with Pokemon GO and pay (maybe they already are, idk).

Super Mario on PS4/X1
nerd.gif

Mario on PS4/X1 would still do numbers. Mario Kart Wii sold like 30M+ (most were probably bundled with the Wii) imagine how much more it would have sold if it were on PS/Xbox. I'd have to think that a game selling 10M+ at $50-$60 would be more profitable than a free mobile game. I'm curious to see how many people are going to stick with Pokemon GO and pay (maybe they already are, idk).
Nintendo has too much 90s money to jump ship and make just software.

You already thinking the NX will fail?

Only thing keeping Nintendo afloat is the Mario and Pokemon series, w/o them. We'd be talking about "remember Nintendo?" Even if the NX is able to compete w/ the PS4 and XBOne, if they don't price it right, it could hurt them. And if history tells us anything, it's that Nintendo will make the NX overpriced in the $400+ range which will hurt sales.

The WiiU was doing bad numbers wise and they refused to drop the price to make a difference. I almost bought one but the price never budged :lol:

I haven't seen anything from NX to say whether it will fail or succeed. It won't take much to convince me to buy it but I'm a simple guy. I just want a normal controller, an online infrastructure similar to PSN/XBL and for my VC downloads to be available on NX. A trophy/achievement system would be icing on the cake, especially if they were able to add them to VC games.

Sheesh when was Nintendo ever doing bad enough where they have to consider not selling systems anymore? I think a lot of you are equating Nintendo's success as a company to its performance in the "console wars". Even before pokemon go blew up Nintendo, as a video game company was worth 11 billion, compared to sony, an electronics giant, is worth 17 billion. It seems to me, just by scaling and considering the fact that sony doesnt focus just on video games and video game merch id say nintendo has been doing pretty good in comparison. and now theyre worth more than sony

Lol at nintendo going software only. Y'all do realize that the ds dominates the handheld market year after year. They'll go mobile before jumping to 3rd party. They are one proud company too. I read somewhere that the only reason they don't bring their franchises to mobile is because they haven't found a way to do it without ruining the gameplay experience.

Everyone talking about how bad the Wii U sold. It's just over 13 million right now. XBOX One isn't exactly killing it with 20 million. Now PS4 is a total BEAST! over 40 million already!

Back
Top Bottom